Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old May 28th 2012, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Thank you all! It`s a rotten situation and has come out of the blue. I`m trying to think of the positives as psychologically its been hard to cope with. She is comfortable and lots of people are showing they love her.Her female friends are in pieces. But, I`m here which I`m really grateful for, and she`s getting really good NHS care, and isnt aware of too much.
Old May 28th 2012, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
Thank you all! It`s a rotten situation and has come out of the blue. I`m trying to think of the positives as psychologically its been hard to cope with. She is comfortable and lots of people are showing they love her.Her female friends are in pieces. But, I`m here which I`m really grateful for, and she`s getting really good NHS care, and isnt aware of too much.
Our thoughts are with you, Jemima55. This is so dreadful. But it is good that you can be with her, and that she is comfortable and getting good care.

Thank you for telling us about it. This kind of painful situation is sometimes even harder for expats, who have been away from family and missed some family times; so your sharing, apart from enabling us to express our sympathy and support, rounds out the (sometimes sad) picture of expat life....

Plus I can't think what it must be like having to deal with something like this while simultaneously in the throes of planning and preparing your return to live in the UK.

Hoping for strength and solace for you all.

Tina
Old May 28th 2012, 9:25 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry to hear your news Jemima.

Take care. xxxxx
Old May 28th 2012, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by between two worlds
Our thoughts are with you, Jemima55. This is so dreadful. But it is good that you can be with her, and that she is comfortable and getting good care.

Thank you for telling us about it. This kind of painful situation is sometimes even harder for expats, who have been away from family and missed some family times; so your sharing, apart from enabling us to express our sympathy and support, rounds out the (sometimes sad) picture of expat life....

Plus I can't think what it must be like having to deal with something like this while simultaneously in the throes of planning and preparing your return to live in the UK.

Hoping for strength and solace for you all.

Tina
Thanks, all of you for your good wishes! It is impossible when a relative gets a serious illness and you`re miles away. One good thing about me being in America was that after I had been ill, three years ago, my husband flew my sister out on her one and only trip to the States, and she had such a fantastic time! It was one of her life`s ambitions fulfilled!
Old May 28th 2012, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to read that Jemima, prayers and thoughts for you and your sister and thank goodness you could be with her.
Old May 28th 2012, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear your news. Prayers and wishes for a speedy and safe departure to the UK
Old May 29th 2012, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Sorry to hear about your sad news Jemima.
Old May 29th 2012, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for your sad news Jemima.
Old May 29th 2012, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Jermima - so sorry to hear your news - thank goodness you could get back to be there at this time. I know what it is like to face this with someone you love dearly - I was just thankful I had actually returned home last year when my father suddenly and unexpectedly fell ill and was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I could be there for my mother doing the hospital run and then supporting her when he came home for the last time. It's a tough time but as I said - you are there for your sister and your family and that is all you can do. Take care and make sure to look after yourself.
Old May 29th 2012, 10:25 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sallysimmons;10077048]Congrats on the house sale lf1 - that's fab news!!

Thank you Sally. I am so glad that things are going well for you. It is great to read your updates. We are now in the disposing of furniture etc stage and I think I am finally on top of things. My friend is going to help me with a garage sale, which I really appreciate as I have never held one before. Had a lady from a consignment store in today and she will take some bits and bobs if we want her to. That is a relief. Some things I have already been tagged for the local drop in centre along with anything else that doesn't sell.

Hope you enjoy the upcoming Diamond Jubilee Weekend. I wish I was in our village as I am sure there will be something going on the village green.
Old May 30th 2012, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Have posted on your other forum Jem- xxxxxx big hugs xx
Old May 30th 2012, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Thanks for that Rosie.
Now 'ow about some photies of (memory blank) your new town. I got the pictures of the flowers and plants. Thank you.

Cheers
I am in Dawlish, Devon and the photos I have posted are taken in town - we actually have ducks and swans and seagulls on the Brook that runs through the center of the tiny central area. Will take some pics of the buildings at a later date.
Old May 30th 2012, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
I am in Dawlish, Devon and the photos I have posted are taken in town - we actually have ducks and swans and seagulls on the Brook that runs through the center of the tiny central area. Will take some pics of the buildings at a later date.
I look forward to those pictures. I'm not too much of a plant man. I like pictures of buildings, people, animals and scenery. Does that say anything about me???

Cheers
Old May 30th 2012, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
I'm really glad you made it to Devon Rosie, away from all the previous issues, Its amazing how far you have come in a year or so, I can remember you stuck in the rail station with no help... Kudos to you...
Old May 30th 2012, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all, I`ve posted elsewhere and had some lovely replies, but Claire, my sister, passed away peacefully on Monday evening.
My husband is here with me and being a great support. (Expat thing) It`s hard not to have your own home to disappear to at the end of the day, but we`re going to the Suffolk coast tomorrow to unwind a bit. It`s been intense!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.