Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Things may have changed some when you go back, have you heard that?

An example in this clip. As some have mentioned this is not wide spread of behavior that exists.

Bad language here. Every second word is F... I feel for the poor little boy on his mothers lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=i47HoiM0Au8
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:58 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

She seems mentally ill. Poor little kid.

It would take more than that to shock me though after traveling on the New York subway. At least she kept her clothes on. LOL.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:53 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
She seems mentally ill. Poor little kid.

It would take more than that to shock me though after traveling on the New York subway. At least she kept her clothes on. LOL.

I've heard worse than that in Wales on a Saturday afternoon in the town centre when I was a teen. We'd stop and have a listen and a laugh before a friend of the ranter would drag them off trying to calm then down.
People do get very upset and angry when they feel no on understands where they are coming from. I also have some friends from high school I could see doing this on a bus
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:21 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Things may have changed some when you go back, have you heard that?

An example in this clip. As some have mentioned this is not wide spread of behavior that exists.

Bad language here. Every second word is F... I feel for the poor little boy on his mothers lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=i47HoiM0Au8

I have heard far worse rants on American shows like The Jerry Springer show, Maury Povich, Montel Williams, Steve Wilkos, Ricki Lake, Sally Jessie, et al.

FAR worse to hear of a country that allows people to carry a gun as a God given right to kill another human being than a gobby, loud female on public transport.

I know which I feel safer with and prefer.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 7:33 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

http://youtu.be/PLb5LPJ-Ib8

Desperate Scousewives, be afraid be very afraid of gobby women.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:10 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya

I know which I feel safer with and prefer.
She was foul though. I felt very proud of the woman who stood up to her - and the one who gave the black guy a hug.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:22 pm
Home Sweet Home

She was foul though. I felt very proud of the woman who stood up to her - and the one who gave the black guy a hug.
I must admit, I didn't watch the whole clip, but that's what I do, I don't associate or mingle or listen to negative energy people.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:52 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.
I thought the black guy sitting behind her was going to take a swing at her at first, then that girl gave him a hug.
If she tried that on public transport in many parts of the US someone would have either shot her or started a fist fight.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

I dont know whether to laugh or cry. 54, and for the first time in my life I, today have been made redundant. On the one hand, I hated the job - 39 hours with 13000 salary and treated as though I was a bimbo. Im glad to be out of it but worred sick about the finances especially with xmas in a few weeks

Actually I think I danced out of the door when I was told .. but now ohhhhh now the worry is setting in. I had to tell my husband this evening "we need to put pen to paper with the finances because we're going to have to survive on your pension until I can find another job ... he went to bed at 7.00 .. not good ... not at all.

The future doesn't look good this evening ..
Old Nov 28th 2011, 10:13 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by Lara45
I dont know whether to laugh or cry. 54, and for the first time in my life I, today have been made redundant. On the one hand, I hated the job - 39 hours with 13000 salary and treated as though I was a bimbo. Im glad to be out of it but worred sick about the finances especially with xmas in a few weeks

Actually I think I danced out of the door when I was told .. but now ohhhhh now the worry is setting in. I had to tell my husband this evening "we need to put pen to paper with the finances because we're going to have to survive on your pension until I can find another job ... he went to bed at 7.00 .. not good ... not at all.

Oh no (((hugs))) thats a horrible feeling.
You should get unemployment if you've been laid off, what country are you in?
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Trotty- keep yer pecker up and hugs for a speedy recovery-you are in my thoughts and prayers xxxx

Cheers- same to you as well xxx

Rodders- its the winter season -its getting to you...take extra Vitamin D, it may help xxx
Old Nov 29th 2011, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Oh no (((hugs))) thats a horrible feeling.
You should get unemployment if you've been laid off, what country are you in?
I believe Lara is back in the UK. She used to post on here regularly when she was in the process of moving back. I believe she is in England (not sure what part). So sorry about losing your job. What a horrible time of year to get laid off. I don't know why companies do that - something to do with end of year "house cleaning" for want of a better word. American companies are infamous for laying off people at the end of the year, just before Christmas. Sounds like the same thing is happening in the UK. I hope you find something else soon.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I believe Lara is back in the UK. She used to post on here regularly when she was in the process of moving back. I believe she is in England (not sure what part). So sorry about losing your job. What a horrible time of year to get laid off. I don't know why companies do that - something to do with end of year "house cleaning" for want of a better word. American companies are infamous for laying off people at the end of the year, just before Christmas. Sounds like the same thing is happening in the UK. I hope you find something else soon.
If Lara is back in the UK......isn't applying for unemployment benefits an option?
Old Nov 29th 2011, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
If Lara is back in the UK......isn't applying for unemployment benefits an option?
Yes it is - although I'm not sure how much she would get. I believe it is called Job Seekers allowance and isn't much - better than nothing, but still not great.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Lara...

I hate to sound optimistic, but you hated the job, made close to minimum wage and was treated like a bimbo... Look on the positive side, you may get a job were you are appreciated, love your work and make more money, I'm sure it really is a bad night but soon things will get better for you, you've got each other, that has to be the most important thing although it may not seem that way until you get another job.

Id love to know what kind of job you did that made you a bimbo.

Christmas, we cut back 15 years ago, I'm not proud to say there have been many lean Birthdays and Christmas's since we went self employed, we just don't have the money we used to have, we look at life differently, we don't buy each other large Christmas or Birthday presents, usually we buy something small or something we both need, It's kind of taken the fun out of Christmas for us but when you have very little to spend you just make do and appreciate the things in life that really matter like getting up every morning healthy, most of the stuff we bought before was pointless crap anyway.
We refuse to use a credit card for gifts we don't need and can't really afford, why owe the banks money? its just a stupid game.

I wish you well, maybe you could get a Christmas job for now, My fingers are truly crossed for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.