Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Wikiposts

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Apr 23rd 2010, 5:09 am
Just Joined

eastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant future
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

ED, PM me with your phone number, however we may just pop in to Craig Tara to meet you
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to see you at craig Tara, except you would not get on the site, they stop you at the security gate and without a pass they would not let you in. I am hoping that I will not be there by the time you get here, will pm you my phone number is my mobile but if I not answer jsut leave me a message and I wil get back to you. I don't turn on my phone at work so sometimes it is in the evening before I get to here the messages.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 5:58 am
Just Joined

eastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant future

OK ED, no problem, will contact you by phone.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

wingandapray is an unknown quantity at this point

Very stressed at this stage-its 4am I haven't gone to bed yet!
We will need temporary accommodation for 2 weeks as the rental house is not ready and we will need to be vetted! Maybe 6 months rent upfront? Still lots to do with 4 days to go! Removalist came this morning after another 4AM marathon packing things
So much to do-applying for schools-agencies will help with casual work when we arrive-flights still on schedule
So that something.............
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

salopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wingandapray
We will need temporary accommodation for 2 weeks as the rental house is not ready and we will need to be vetted! Maybe 6 months rent upfront? Still lots to do with 4 days to go! Removalist came this morning after another 4AM marathon packing things
So much to do-applying for schools-agencies will help with casual work when we arrive-flights still on schedule
Best of luck with everything. Remember, don't sweat the small stuff.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by salopian
Best of luck with everything. Remember, don't sweat the small stuff.
Arcadia not Magnetic Island is it?
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure it will all work out OK, its just a bit stressful right now, Moves like this always are,
at least the airlines are back up and running.

Picture yourself a month or two from now, Dont look back, Enjoy the Journey.

Good Luck.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 12:31 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

It must be so stressful. That's the part that makes me hesitate - so much upheaval! I admire you for just getting on with it.

I know it doesn't help to say it now, but this too shall pass, and soon you'll be settled in a new home. Just a few days to go!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
It must be so stressful. That's the part that makes me hesitate - so much upheaval! I admire you for just getting on with it.

I know it doesn't help to say it now, but this too shall pass, and soon you'll be settled in a new home. Just a few days to go!
Its definately worth it-You have to go home, no choice-Its been a 38 year journey and now its time-we have to make it work this time-the stress is bad but we will prevail-we have a great support network in the UK......
Old Apr 24th 2010, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

salopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud of

Arcadia not Magnetic Island is it?
Certainly isn't. I use it in the sense of an 'imaginary idyllic paradise' which, for me, Aus is. All in the imagination, 'cause idyllic and paradise it isn't!!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of

Sorry if I am behind with all posts, don't have time to read them just wanted to check in.........

Arrived in Malta late Thursday night, on time, Ryanair plays a trumpet fanfare when they arrive on time, so that's what we had! Yesterday I didn't like Malta, thought it was too difficult for me to figure things out and stay. But today I love it. Meant a bunch of expats last night from all different countries, and now feel very positive. My sister and I have seen so much and ridden buses, we feel like we have been here forever already!! Looking for a flat, no go yet.

Hope everyone is well, goodluck to those leaving for the UK and go with the flow!!! All will be well - more details next time but for food lovers - ate out at Mdina, the old city here, this afternoon, overlooking the whole of Malta - strawberry meringue and black forest gateau. Bliss!!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Its definately worth it-You have to go home, no choice-Its been a 38 year journey and now its time-we have to make it work this time-the stress is bad but we will prevail-we have a great support network in the UK......
Support is important, thats a Biggy, compare it to Eds struggle with no help, she is truly amazing.

I'm with Sally, to think of all this at once is overwhelming, Im already mentally in throw away mode, I try not to buy anything I may not need, lve been like that for ages, but even more cautious right now.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by aes1
Sorry if I am behind with all posts, don't have time to read them just wanted to check in.........

Arrived in Malta late Thursday night, on time, Ryanair plays a trumpet fanfare when they arrive on time, so that's what we had! Yesterday I didn't like Malta, thought it was too difficult for me to figure things out and stay. But today I love it. Meant a bunch of expats last night from all different countries, and now feel very positive. My sister and I have seen so much and ridden buses, we feel like we have been here forever already!! Looking for a flat, no go yet.

Hope everyone is well, goodluck to those leaving for the UK and go with the flow!!! All will be well - more details next time but for food lovers - ate out at Mdina, the old city here, this afternoon, overlooking the whole of Malta - strawberry meringue and black forest gateau. Bliss!!
Thanks for checking in Anna, glad all is well in Malta, Hope the food is really good... hahahahaaa...
Old Apr 24th 2010, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

anna it sound marvellous. you have done so much already since you left the states. keep us updated please.. i hope you find a place in Malta soon - don't think should be issue for you.. all the best..
Old Apr 24th 2010, 10:51 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move, don't think about the stress of it, just focus on the sheer bliss of it, you are going HOME......................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.