Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Hi Fish and Chips, I did go on what they call "The Cutting Edge" customer service course put on by Bourne Leisure, when I returned to Craig Tara an applied what they had been pushing I was told that I was not to do that, so as you can see I can't really win. I have met or exceeded my targets for sales every week that I have been there, but not only myself but almost all the reception staff find it very difficult to sell a holiday to guests over the phone and when they arrive at Craig Tara they find that the caravan is horrible and not only shape wise but many are very dirty, of course they have your name as you are the one who sold them the vacation.
Oh Boy, I wouldn't like that either, thats pretty sad, Why are companies this stupid?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:40 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fish and Chips, I did go on what they call "The Cutting Edge" customer service course put on by Bourne Leisure, when I returned to Craig Tara an applied what they had been pushing I was told that I was not to do that, so as you can see I can't really win. I have met or exceeded my targets for sales every week that I have been there, but not only myself but almost all the reception staff find it very difficult to sell a holiday to guests over the phone and when they arrive at Craig Tara they find that the caravan is horrible and not only shape wise but many are very dirty, of course they have your name as you are the one who sold them the vacation.
Do you just answer the phone to people who are calling about a holiday there, or do you have to randomly call people to try and sell a holiday at Craig Tara?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Do you just answer the phone to people who are calling about a holiday there, or do you have to randomly call people to try and sell a holiday at Craig Tara?
No these are people who are calling Craig Tara looking for a holiday, many of them have gone through The Sun Newspaper, who have cheap holidays that you can get through them, after saying that they still cost a hundred or so £'s.

Some of the caravans really should be blown up they are full of mold, broken hot water heaters, no heat, gas fires that go out and cannot be relit, toilets that don;t flush, pipes that are not connected under the caravan that connect to the septic tanks, that then spew raw sewage all over under the caravan. We have complaints of windows broken, poo on the walls and towel bars, one guest came up after receiving a 2nd degree burn to his lower back from the towel rail that was suppose to be disconnected as it supposed to be turned off as they get too hot. Fridges that have rust all over them, that are dirty, guest coming into as they say "minging" caravans, that have not been cleaned from the last people who were in there. One lady came last week to complain that the toilet would not flush and lot of other problems with the apartment, she had complained several times and it still was not fixed, the customer care manager told her she could get her money back and leave or use a pail. The customer was with her kids for a weekend football tournament that her son was playing in. The team had rented a bus to arrrive along with about 20 other teams, the bus had left and she asked if they were going to pay for her to get home, if she took the money back they said a definate no. I just felt so sorry for her they had paid over £700.00 for the weekend.

Thanks I needed that, rant over!!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 7:03 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

That's awful. I went to the website and they make it look so nice. I don't understand people who treat customers so badly.

Just a word of warning that this forum is open to anyone, so anything you post about the park is searchable by anyone. Maybe that's OK if you plan to leave soon, but I just thought I'd mention it.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
That's awful. I went to the website and they make it look so nice. I don't understand people who treat customers so badly.

Just a word of warning that this forum is open to anyone, so anything you post about the park is searchable by anyone. Maybe that's OK if you plan to leave soon, but I just thought I'd mention it.
Thanks for the warning, if you go on a site called trip something or other you can see some of the issues people have with the complexes not only Craig Tara it seems but all the other 35 they have in the UK. Yes, it does look wonderful on their sight doesn't it!! It is really a crap game some get nice caravans others get crappy ones. I am really surprised that they are allowed to operate that way and I will say that they would be closed down in North America. They do have one in Florida and one in Niagra Falls Ontarion if anyone know what they look like would be interested in knowing if they are like the ones here at home. I am actively searching for a new job as I just cannot lie to people that way and smile when they come to the desk in tears.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the warning, if you go on a site called trip something or other you can see some of the issues people have with the complexes not only Craig Tara it seems but all the other 35 they have in the UK. Yes, it does look wonderful on their sight doesn't it!! It is really a crap game some get nice caravans others get crappy ones. I am really surprised that they are allowed to operate that way and I will say that they would be closed down in North America. They do have one in Florida and one in Niagra Falls Ontarion if anyone know what they look like would be interested in knowing if they are like the ones here at home. I am actively searching for a new job as I just cannot lie to people that way and smile when they come to the desk in tears.
Hi Peigi, Wow that place you work for sounds terrible, and yes I agree with you that if they were anywhere in North America the authorities would close them down, and a stiff fine too, the two places you say that they have over here, my guess is that they are up to standard,
It seems to me that the UK does not have any regulations in place on a certain standard places like that have to abide by, if they do then they are probably not enforcing it,
Yes like you I could not feel comfortable lieing to these people either, and I would be looking for another Job ---- pronto, good luck on that, and I wish you the very best,
Rodney.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 9:40 pm
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

Thanks for the warning, if you go on a site called trip something or other you can see some of the issues people have with the complexes not only Craig Tara it seems but all the other 35 they have in the UK.
You are probably thinking of www.tripadvisor.com
it is a popular site where people post their reviews of places they visited, in addition to being able to book trips.

Make up your own mind about what people say about places - and remember that anyone can post a review, e.g. cynic that I am for good reason, the owner could get staff to write glowing reports, I tend to take notice of the people giving bad reports with details of what they found wrong, why risk a valuable holiday if the warning signs are there.

Last edited by J.J; Apr 22nd 2010 at 9:48 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ED

I would be careful mentioning the actual names on here in case someone spots it from the company- you just never know!!!

No these are people who are calling Craig Tara looking for a holiday, many of them have gone through The Sun Newspaper, who have cheap holidays that you can get through them, after saying that they still cost a hundred or so £'s.

Some of the caravans really should be blown up they are full of mold, broken hot water heaters, no heat, gas fires that go out and cannot be relit, toilets that don;t flush, pipes that are not connected under the caravan that connect to the septic tanks, that then spew raw sewage all over under the caravan. We have complaints of windows broken, poo on the walls and towel bars, one guest came up after receiving a 2nd degree burn to his lower back from the towel rail that was suppose to be disconnected as it supposed to be turned off as they get too hot. Fridges that have rust all over them, that are dirty, guest coming into as they say "minging" caravans, that have not been cleaned from the last people who were in there. One lady came last week to complain that the toilet would not flush and lot of other problems with the apartment, she had complained several times and it still was not fixed, the customer care manager told her she could get her money back and leave or use a pail. The customer was with her kids for a weekend football tournament that her son was playing in. The team had rented a bus to arrrive along with about 20 other teams, the bus had left and she asked if they were going to pay for her to get home, if she took the money back they said a definate no. I just felt so sorry for her they had paid over £700.00 for the weekend.

Thanks I needed that, rant over!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

moonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant future

Some of the caravans really should be blown up they are full of mold, broken hot water heaters, no heat, gas fires that go out and cannot be relit, toilets that don;t flush, pipes that are not connected under the caravan that connect to the septic tanks, that then spew raw sewage all over under the caravan. We have complaints of windows broken, poo on the walls and towel bars, one guest came up after receiving a 2nd degree burn to his lower back from the towel rail that was suppose to be disconnected as it supposed to be turned off as they get too hot. Fridges that have rust all over them, that are dirty, guest coming into as they say "minging" caravans, that have not been cleaned from the last people who were in there.
That is unbelievable that such businesses are operating in that manner, whatever are the owners thinking of offering people that kind of experience when people have paid good money, ED am not surprised you have many second thoughts about working there, I am sure that you will find something else much better soon.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by J.J
You are probably thinking of www.tripadvisor.com
it is a popular site where people post their reviews of places they visited, in addition to being able to book trips.

Make up your own mind about what people say about places - and remember that anyone can post a review, e.g. cynic that I am for good reason, the owner could get staff to write glowing reports, I tend to take notice of the people giving bad reports with details of what they found wrong, why risk a valuable holiday if the warning signs are there.
Some people do seem to have wonderful holidays with them and we have them come and say that, as I have said it is the luck of the draw. It is the others I feel for, many do not have a lot of money and we do seem to get a lot of families with disabled children who I am sure their immune systems are already compromised and with some of the problems including mold, lack of cleaning etc must cause problems.

I have been told that the managers of the departments are given a budget at the beginning of there fiscal year and that whatever is left at the end of the year is divided between them, if this is true, then there is no incentave to make things better. I was told that by a manager that it is all about making money, that is the bottom line.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Some people do seem to have wonderful holidays with them and we have them come and say that, as I have said it is the luck of the draw. It is the others I feel for, many do not have a lot of money and we do seem to get a lot of families with disabled children who I am sure their immune systems are already compromised and with some of the problems including mold, lack of cleaning etc must cause problems.

I have been told that the managers of the departments are given a budget at the beginning of there fiscal year and that whatever is left at the end of the year is divided between them, if this is true, then there is no incentave to make things better. I was told that by a manager that it is all about making money, that is the bottom line.

These people are NUTS, no business can be a success with those principals, its just a matter of time and bad news travels fast, I give them a few years tops.

Mold is bad news, Totally Unacceptable,

Try to enjoy your day. Best wishes Phil.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
These people are NUTS, no business can be a success with those principals, its just a matter of time and bad news travels fast, I give them a few years tops.

Mold is bad news, Totally Unacceptable,

Try to enjoy your day. Best wishes Phil.
Thanks Phil, Unfortunately they do seem to be getting away with it, they have been in business for quite a few years I believe. What is it they say, you can't have a soul or you will never make it in business, guess they sold theirs to the devil, as to how they can go to sleep at night knowing full well how they have treated people that day is beyond me.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:52 am
Just Joined

eastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant futureeastkilbride has a brilliant future

Hi ED, sorry to hear things are not going well for you at Craig Tara, I remember driving past it last year and having a quick look, it was nothing like it used to be as a Butlins Holiday camp, and unfortunately there are many people who will only find that out when it is too late. Look on the bright side, your next job will seem like a vacation compared to this one. We will see you in a couple of weeks and try to cheer you up, also get my contacts looking for a better job for you, remember every cloud has a silver lining.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by eastkilbride
Hi ED, sorry to hear things are not going well for you at Craig Tara, I remember driving past it last year and having a quick look, it was nothing like it used to be as a Butlins Holiday camp, and unfortunately there are many people who will only find that out when it is too late. Look on the bright side, your next job will seem like a vacation compared to this one. We will see you in a couple of weeks and try to cheer you up, also get my contacts looking for a better job for you, remember every cloud has a silver lining.
Hi Eastkilbride, Was wondering if you were still planning on coming over for a holiday. Thanks for the kinds words! Yes, at least with Butlins you knew what you were getting, with this company the advertisements in magazines and the ones on television make you think it will be the holiday of a lifetime for you and your family. I am not saying that this does not happen but I would say that you can expect some problems with your caravan and more often than not a lot of problems with cleanliness, damp etc.

I have been putting out my CV's on days off and hope that something will come from them soon. thanks again for the thoughts and support looking forward to finally seeing you in person, do you have me telpehone number to get a hold of me? If not, I can pm you with it.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about the problems at Craig Tara ED...do hope something will come along that is much better for you

I have booked for Oz and leave here May 17th for two months in Perth
first time on the Far Side of the World..just like Captain Jack Aubrey..stopover in Dubai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.