Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Moving back to England was a mistake

Moving back to England was a mistake

Old Jan 1st 2004, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

scottm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ontheball
LOL, dream on. You can't even spell "you're" correctly.

LOL, I wanted to find out how pedantic you are.

You score 10/10:scared:

Scottm
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

ontheball is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scottm
LOL, I wanted to find out how pedantic you are.

You score 10/10:scared:

Scottm
No, you just made a spelling mistake and rather than admit it, you made up some lame excuse.

Childish to the extreme.

Last edited by ontheball; Jan 2nd 2004 at 1:40 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:15 am
Goodpubmisser

A lot of the bad points that are described about England are directly related to in which area you reside. I am from a commuter village outside of London which is expensive and mainly poulated by professionals who work in London. I never saw or heard of a mugging in the 21 years I lived there.

However I admit that most of England is a dump including a lot of the suburbs on a train trip from Wimbledon to Waterloo.

If I came back to England it would be to live in my home village. I would not even consider living in most of England.

Its a pity really as Britain could be a good country with a high standard of living if it stopped wasting so much money, eg:

1. Nuclear arms and "defence" (why do we have to play at being
a world power when in fact we are just a medium sized
European country?).

2. The Royal Family

3. The Lords (we should have cut off their heads off like the
French did a century or so ago)

4. Supporting Island groups and their populations, and
upkeeping militiary bases around the world.

5. This is a good one - note if you have any arguments please
bear in mind my attitude of that I really don't give a dam and
you are welcome to your own opinions. All the money and
resources that are poured into Northern Ireland - the place
with the highest unemployement rate in the UK, horrible
accents and a dump and a half. Why not give it to the Irish
and make it their problem?

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:30 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Goodpubmisser

5. This is a good one - note if you have any arguments please
bear in mind my attitude of that I really don't give a dam and
you are welcome to your own opinions. All the money and
resources that are poured into Northern Ireland - the place
with the highest unemployement rate in the UK, horrible
accents and a dump and a half. Why not give it to the Irish
and make it their problem?
Surely Brum is worse than Northern Irish.

It is in everyones interests that a negotiated outcome is produced for the majority of peace loving Ulster.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:37 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom
Surely Brum is worse than Northern Irish.

It is in everyones interests that a negotiated outcome is produced for the majority of peace loving Ulster.
at least us welsh are being left out for once!

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

scottm is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of you sad people seem to live on this forum - for me it's a brief visit until family matters here are resolved.

You posted here on xmas day

How sad is that

Arrivederci

Scottm
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 1:19 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, dream on. You can't even spell "you're" correctly.

Some of you sad people seem to live on this forum - for me it's a brief visit until family matters here are resolved.
Look who's talking: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...763#post732763 - one or two spelling and punctuation errors there, right?

If occasional spelling and punctuation errors on this site make us worthy of criticism, we'd be getting at each other all day. We all do it, me included. We're not in an essay-writing contest here, we're "talking" - different rules apply.

I can sincerely say I hope your family matters are resolved very soon.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:56 pm
JeanDupont

"I can sincerely say I hope your family matters are resolved very soon."

Yes - then he can **** off

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by scottm
You posted here on xmas day

How sad is that

Arrivederci

Scottm

Are you a bit slow? I've already said how my family are back in Italy while I'm here clearing up some family matters after the passing away of my father.

Once again, your intellectual capacity proves to be limited.

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dunroving
Look who's talking: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...763#post732763 - one or two spelling and punctuation errors there, right?

If occasional spelling and punctuation errors on this site make us worthy of criticism, we'd be getting at each other all day. We all do it, me included. We're not in an essay-writing contest here, we're "talking" - different rules apply.

I can sincerely say I hope your family matters are resolved very soon.
Incorrect, once again, dunroving. That was intentional and is actually the kind of text speech used by my daughter which occasionally, unfortunately, rubs off onto the rest of the family.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JeanDupont
"I can sincerely say I hope your family matters are resolved very soon."

Yes - then he can **** off
More childish comments.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:06 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Incorrect, once again, dunroving. That was intentional and is actually the kind of text speech used by my daughter which occasionally, unfortunately, rubs off onto the rest of the family.
Thanks for supporting my point, i.e., that "incorrect" spelling and punctuation are standard in Web talk.

It must be awfully lonely to be the only perfect person in the whole world! Or are you going to tell me that your family members never make mistakes either?

Tell me, you seem to be pretty unpopular among the other expats.com users - why do you bother hanging out here? Is it so you can help us be better people?
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dunroving
Thanks for supporting my point, i.e., that "incorrect" spelling and punctuation are standard in Web talk.

It must be awfully lonely to be the only perfect person in the whole world! Or are you going to tell me that your family members never make mistakes either?

Tell me, you seem to be pretty unpopular among the other expats.com users - why do you bother hanging out here? Is it so you can help us be better people?
Actually, no, I didn't support your point. There's a difference between intentional "slang" and people who are uneducated and can't spell (like scottm).

Yes, anyone who doesn't think England is a bed of roses will automatically be jumped upon by a horde of insecure returning expats.

So I am leaving. Life is too short to put up with such nonsense.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:40 pm
Ping-ponger

Good bye. Good luck in Italy.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:01 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully he's leaving the site too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.