Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Moving back to England was a mistake

Moving back to England was a mistake

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 9:37 am
Goodpubmisser

Guys, Guys, leave the bitching to the women.

That is the problem with the internet, arguments cannot be settled in the traditional way of meeting up, punching the shit out of each other, and then having a drink together.

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

scottm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Goodpubmisser
Guys, Guys, leave the bitching to the women.

That is the problem with the internet, arguments cannot be settled in the traditional way of meeting up, punching the shit out of each other, and then having a drink together.

LOL, I'll drink to that.

Scottm
Old Jan 4th 2004, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

jdlally is an unknown quantity at this point

Could not agree more with this! It is quite shocking how things have changed in such a short time - I know I will be on the move very soon!
Old Jan 4th 2005, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Muffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Moving back to England was a mistake

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Is this all in relation to France tho? I am moving back to UK from Australia and most of what you mentioned above is exactly the same here in Australia - terrorist target; dirty beaches with syringes et al; traffic chaos; astronoimical house prices; crime (Melbourne this week was deemed as being unsafer than New York, as was most of Australia). People here are for the most part looking out for themselves in the here and now...but where in the westernised world aren't they? In fact, the only thing we don't have a huge problem with is illegal immigrants. (Even the weather in Melbourne is comparable to the UK!!)

Every country is going to have it's down sides. You may have found your paradise in France, but that doesn't mean to say every other country is heaven in relation to the UK - I certainly know that Australia isn't.

What country are you thinking of moving to to escape the problems you listed?
Here here! we are in Florida and it isn't a bed of roses here either! our four year old daughter was admitted into hospital before xmas with Asthma (which can be serious) however she only ever gets it with a cold and her oxygen levels didn't fall below 95 yet they wouldn't , even though she was extremly stressed and if i had been in England would have taken care of her at home let me take her home. They told me if i went against hospital advice we would be reported and they would most likely take all three of my children into care. luck was on my side cause after expressing my feelings to the head doctor they let us come home. My point of thiss is to say there are a lot of pluses to jolly old England, the biggest i feel is our national health system even though we all are guilty of complaining about it at times.Crime is big here too,and land of the free is a joke!I think we also will go back at some point. muffy
Old Jan 4th 2005, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to England was a mistake

Here we go again, the Pulaski moan!

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No, (6) would read "The weather. For 11½ months of the year it's cold and miserable."