Moving back from Australia

Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:28 pm
  #106  
A rather curious boy
 
busterboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 5,917
busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by by the sea side
Giving her persective on live in OZ is fine.If she is happy and content great,but her posts suggest otherwise.Sorry but they aren't well balanced at all.
If she is so happy aand loves it blah blah blah why do I get the impression there's something very wrong.Looking at previous posts I appear not to be the only one.
So you are berating her for being a card carrying Aussie lover and now you are berating her for having some moments where she misses home. She's human!

I really don't get where you guys are reading a lack of balance in NBs posts, I think that they have been very fair. NB has gone to Oz with an attitude of 'well, I'm here now and it's Oz not Blighty' and I think that is why she is so well adapted. I don't read that she hates the UK just that prefers Oz.
busterboy is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:33 pm
  #107  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Qld oz
Posts: 332
by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am also English and proud of it and certainly don't deny my heritage.

I have made it clear in every post I make that I understand how people can miss their families, how people struggle to find work and make ends meet ($3000 a month mortgage is testament to how I understand). How their kids struggle to settle, how the education is different here. I understand all those things, honestly I do. However, I don't understand why you all have to resort to slagging off Australia. It is not the perfect place, nowhere is but please be man (or woman) enough to just put your hand up and say its not for you rather than slagging the country and its people off. We brits love having someone to blame for everything don't you think.
Australians don't mind bieng in England and slagging it off.I lived in London and I should have judged the country then by the buffoons that wore,shorts and tee-shirts in the middle of winter and then complained and swore about how cold it was.Oh DER what would you expect in a northern hemsphere country?Or the 1am antics of drunk Aussies shouting has they broke beer bottles in the street" oh dear we can't do that in pommie land can we." They behaved badly has a guest in my country now I am expected to lick their (bare feet) in this case.Now that is one of the problems for some of us here on this forum.

Last edited by by the sea side; Nov 1st 2006 at 10:35 pm. Reason: selling
by the sea side is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:34 pm
  #108  
beam me up scotty
 
toandfro's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: theres no intelligent life here
Posts: 735
toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am also English and proud of it and certainly don't deny my heritage.

I have made it clear in every post I make that I understand how people can miss their families, how people struggle to find work and make ends meet ($3000 a month mortgage is testament to how I understand). How their kids struggle to settle, how the education is different here. I understand all those things, honestly I do. However, I don't understand why you all have to resort to slagging off Australia. It is not the perfect place, nowhere is but please be man (or woman) enough to just put your hand up and say its not for you rather than slagging the country and its people off. We brits love having someone to blame for everything don't you think.
sorry sweetie can't agree with you (must be that English trait ) people slag off Aust because they where lured here away from all they knew under false prtences which seem's to bethe point you've missed .People really feel cheated. as I said the things we complain about are only superfical and are a symptom of the real problem and being lied to in the first place is it. the rest is just insult on injury
toandfro is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:36 pm
  #109  
Gutter Gob!!
 
northernbird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Perth
Posts: 13,098
northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by by the sea side
Australians don't mind bieng in England and slagging it off.I lived in London and I should have judged the country then by the buffoons that wore,shorts and tee-shirts in the middle of winter and then complained and swore about how cold it was.Oh DER what would you expect in a northern hemsphere country?Or the 1am antics of drunk Aussies shouting has they broke beeer bottles in the street" oh dear we can't do that in pommie land can we." They behaved badly has a guest in my country now I am expected to lick their (bare feet) in this case.Now that is one of the problems for some of us here on this forum.
I don't agree with the Australians behaving like that in another country, it is inappropriate and disrespectful. I don't like the australians going around in supermarkets barefoot either but I fully respect their right to do it in their country without a load of visitors to their country slagging them off for it.
northernbird is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:39 pm
  #110  
FPM
Banned
 
FPM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
Posts: 441
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

I do agree with you NB.
Jesus, there's a surprise

So you are berating her for being a card carrying Aussie lover and now you are berating her for having some moments where she misses home.
No Einstien, we're berating her for banging on in the wrong forum. It doesn't matter what she says, people will not change their opinion on why they move back, or want to. The forum for AiP people is the Australia forum, not this one.

People here want moral support, advice and information. Not have everything challenged by a person who quite frankly comes across as smug. I would never challenge any of her posts in the Australia forum because she would be (in general ) amongst like minded persons. However to come over here and give it the old 'my life is great so you're obviously not trying hard enough, is at best poor form, and at worst down right callous the people having a hard time.
FPM is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:40 pm
  #111  
Gutter Gob!!
 
northernbird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Perth
Posts: 13,098
northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by toandfro
sorry sweetie can't agree with you (must be that English trait ) people slag off Aust because they where lured here away from all they knew under false prtences which seem's to bethe point you've missed .People really feel cheated. as I said the things we complain about are only superfical and are a symptom of the real problem and being lied to in the first place is it. the rest is just insult on injury

LURED here. Are you having a laugh. For most folk its a 12 month + journey to get here with lots of form filling, medicals, lots of money spent etc etc. Did someone twist their arms to do that, NO. It was their choice to come to another country. I had this row a few weeks ago with someone who said they were promised this and that. I wasn't promised anything before I came here. To then decide its not for you is fine. To blame the country is to me incomprehensible.
northernbird is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:41 pm
  #112  
Gutter Gob!!
 
northernbird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Perth
Posts: 13,098
northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by FPM
Jesus, there's a surprise



No Einstien, we're berating her for banging on in the wrong forum. It doesn't matter what she says, people will not change their opinion on why they move back, or want to. The forum for AiP people is the Australia forum, not this one.

People here want moral support, advice and information. Not have everything challenged by a person who quite frankly comes across as smug. I would never challenge any of her posts in the Australia forum because she would be (in general ) amongst like minded persons. However to come over here and give it the old 'my life is great so you're obviously not trying hard enough, is at best poor form, and at worst down right callous the people having a hard time.
You are right.
northernbird is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:43 pm
  #113  
A rather curious boy
 
busterboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 5,917
busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by FPM
Jesus, there's a surprise



No Einstien, we're berating her for banging on in the wrong forum. It doesn't matter what she says, people will not change their opinion on why they move back, or want to. The forum for AiP people is the Australia forum, not this one.

People here want moral support, advice and information. Not have everything challenged by a person who quite frankly comes across as smug. I would never challenge any of her posts in the Australia forum because she would be (in general ) amongst like minded persons. However to come over here and give it the old 'my life is great so you're obviously not trying hard enough, is at best poor form, and at worst down right callous the people having a hard time.

That should be Einstein...oh that's right, you are just fishing.
busterboy is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:50 pm
  #114  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: locating to spain
Posts: 279
the sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by busterboy
That should be Einstein...oh that's right, you are just fishing.
This thread is unreal
the sun is shining is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:51 pm
  #115  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Qld oz
Posts: 332
by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by FPM
Jesus, there's a surprise



No Einstien, we're berating her for banging on in the wrong forum. It doesn't matter what she says, people will not change their opinion on why they move back, or want to. The forum for AiP people is the Australia forum, not this one.

People here want moral support, advice and information. Not have everything challenged by a person who quite frankly comes across as smug. I would never challenge any of her posts in the Australia forum because she would be (in general ) amongst like minded persons. However to come over here and give it the old 'my life is great so you're obviously not trying hard enough, is at best poor form, and at worst down right callous the people having a hard time.
I totally agree with what you have posted.There are a lot of people who are in a bad way on this forum.This forum helps,after all you don't have to upset or be rude to an Aussie then.
If someone has moved here and it has worked out then I am pleased for them.
Homesickness is a horrible thing,but some people are suffering far more than that.I also know people that most certainly have come here under false pretences.
The Australian government is making alot of money on it's visa's.They should tell more of the working of the country and not just the beaches and bbq.
by the sea side is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:57 pm
  #116  
beam me up scotty
 
toandfro's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: theres no intelligent life here
Posts: 735
toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by northernbird
LURED here. Are you having a laugh. For most folk its a 12 month + journey to get here with lots of form filling, medicals, lots of money spent etc etc. Did someone twist their arms to do that, NO. It was their choice to come to another country. I had this row a few weeks ago with someone who said they were promised this and that. I wasn't promised anything before I came here. To then decide its not for you is fine. To blame the country is to me incomprehensible.
did you emigrate on your own bat or did yo marry an Oz sorry can't remember .but in either case making a desision on bad information that takes a year to complete does not change the fact .I agree it's all choice but be fed dud info on which to make that choice really does PISS YOU RIGHT OFF.
toandfro is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:01 pm
  #117  
Gutter Gob!!
 
northernbird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Perth
Posts: 13,098
northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by toandfro
did you emigrate on your own bat or did yo marry an Oz sorry can't remember .but in either case making a desision on bad information that takes a year to complete does not change the fact .I agree it's all choice but be fed dud info on which to make that choice really does PISS YOU RIGHT OFF.
didn't marry an australian, came here the same as everyone else. Look we are going to have to agree to disagree because you don't understand me and i don't understand you.
northernbird is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:04 pm
  #118  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Qld oz
Posts: 332
by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by northernbird
LURED here. Are you having a laugh. For most folk its a 12 month + journey to get here with lots of form filling, medicals, lots of money spent etc etc. Did someone twist their arms to do that, NO. It was their choice to come to another country. I had this row a few weeks ago with someone who said they were promised this and that. I wasn't promised anything before I came here. To then decide its not for you is fine. To blame the country is to me incomprehensible.
In Britain the Australian government holds fairs about moving to oz.We want this trade and that trade and of course they put forward money and life style has bieng better.They should really inform people about having to get extra licenses for certain trades.Also many Aussies are so brainwashed into bieng over protectionist that some English people find it difficult to get a job.Jobs for Australians and all that.In the Uk you get Australians working every where I have no problem with this but even on tv you will get the resident vet on gmtv he's australian.Youngman on East Midlands tv doing his spot on environmental issues of the East Midlands.I don't have a problem with that.The Australians do.Please tell me do you really think they would allow the same thing here? The answer is no!It would be "Why is a pom doing it when we have Australians that can do it".This is what me angry because there is not a fair exchange between the two countries.
by the sea side is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:07 pm
  #119  
Gutter Gob!!
 
northernbird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Perth
Posts: 13,098
northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by by the sea side
In Britain the Australian government holds fairs about moving to oz.We want this trade and that trade and of course they put forward money and life style has bieng better.They should really inform people about having to get extra licenses for certain trades.Also many Aussies are so brainwashed into bieng over protectionist that some English people find it difficult to get a job.Jobs for Australians and all that.In the Uk you get Australians working every where I have no problem with this but even on tv you will get the resident vet on gmtv he's australian.Youngman on East Midlands tv doing his spot on environmental issues of the East Midlands.I don't have a problem with that.The Australians do.Please tell me do you really think they would allow the same thing here? The answer is no!It would be "Why is a pom doing it when we have Australians that can do it".This is what me angry because there is not a fair exchange between the two countries.
I agree about the licences thing, it must be so frustrating to come here and then not be able to work.
northernbird is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:07 pm
  #120  
FPM
Banned
 
FPM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
Posts: 441
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

I agree it's all choice but be fed dud info on which to make that choice really does PISS YOU RIGHT OFF.
Absolutely. I feel sorry for the tradespeople, they seem to have the hardest time qualifying for something they are already qualified to do. And the difference in rates of pay seems alarming.

To be honest my job pays about the same in the UK as it does here (if you compare Sydney to SE, rather than London. London pays way more), and I have a lot of international experience. Nobody has asked me to qualify my bona fides just because I'm in another counrty, and they'd get short shrift from me if they did. But when your ticket is is highly governed by layer upon layer of expensive red tape, then no wonder they want to go home. Put that on top of all the other settling problems that people experience and you have a recipie for exodus.
FPM is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.