Moving back from Australia

Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by northernbird
what are you on about, must be that english sense of humour I hear so much about.
I don't know anymore northernbird. I have lost the plot.
You have either got it or you haven't.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:05 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
LouiseD seems to be referring specifically to comments made by Aussie's who have been to visit one single city in the UK, and not Aussie's who have actually moved to reside there.

There is such a wide variation, over such a small area in the UK. There is such a small variation, over such a large area in Australia.
although Australia is larger than england the population isn't. Someone saying they think australia is crap when they have only lived in Sydney is no different to someone saying England is crap when they have only been to London.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know anymore northernbird. I have lost the plot.
You have either got it or you haven't.
I clearly haven't got it then and as Catherine Tate says "am I bovvered"
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

I clearly haven't got it then and as Catherine Tate says "am I bovvered"
Who is Catherine Tate?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by toandfro
Not all of us, I have been to every state worked in 3 .the difference is in England from county to county things change here if there is no sign to tell you where you are ,you would never guess. all the same all over.
Actually you are wrong about WA. I have toured from the north to South of WA and they are so completely different they could be 2 different countries. Exmouth is different to Esperance beyond belief.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

You are not trying hard enough . Look I have never said Australia is perfect and I have never slagged off England. I have said where I am from in England is a craphole and i have said I love living where I do. My life here is good and it wasn't in England, simple as that.

As for my Australian friends. They have done more for me in the 6 years I have known them than any other friend of any nationality I have known and I have lived in about 5 different countries. I know I can depend on them without question and have done on many occasions.
Well you can't say fairer than that then.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Who is Catherine Tate?
Am I bovvered? Aye, I'm bovvered! This is Catherine Tate:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/ta...atherine.shtml
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:20 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

actually I don't think I will, makes a change from the whinging poms I come across.
Ah it all makes sense now. You call yourself 'Northernbird' you like Catherine Tate, no wonder you've gone over to the Aussies side. Your life must be like a living breathing Vogue magazine

I'd be interested to know the countries you've 'lived' in. I can't claim 5 (well I could but I'd be lying) but I can claim 3 others (apart from Oz) where I have lived for a period of 4mths or longer. Colombia, Korea and the US. ( I did 2months in Argentina, but that's just a long holiday really). Funny how none of these other countries struggle so hard to find their identity, and they certainly don't need a bumbling 1950s timewarped buffoon to attempt to tell the population what it means to be part of that country. People already know, it's inside them, it's part of them. The population of these other countries (with the exception of the US) don't harp on about how 'good' their country is, because they are not insecure and don't have huge chips on their shoulders.

I'd stick to

http://www.gimmeapackofwinniebluesto...eapwine.com.au

sounds like you'll be among 'friends'.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:17 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by FPM
Ah it all makes sense now. You call yourself 'Northernbird' you like Catherine Tate, no wonder you've gone over to the Aussies side. Your life must be like a living breathing Vogue magazine

I'd be interested to know the countries you've 'lived' in. I can't claim 5 (well I could but I'd be lying) but I can claim 3 others (apart from Oz) where I have lived for a period of 4mths or longer. Colombia, Korea and the US. ( I did 2months in Argentina, but that's just a long holiday really). Funny how none of these other countries struggle so hard to find their identity, and they certainly don't need a bumbling 1950s timewarped buffoon to attempt to tell the population what it means to be part of that country. People already know, it's inside them, it's part of them. The population of these other countries (with the exception of the US) don't harp on about how 'good' their country is, because they are not insecure and don't have huge chips on their shoulders.

I'd stick to

http://www.gimmeapackofwinniebluesto...eapwine.com.au

sounds like you'll be among 'friends'.
I have lived in England, Norway, Holland, Canada, US and Australia and my life is just fine and dandy thanks and don't need to "prove" myself to you. I would suspect that anyone who frequents the BBC website would know who Catherine Tate is but as I have lived outside of the UK now for nearly 18 months I haven't actually watched the TV show but again don't need to get the OK from you even if I did.

For the record, this is my tipple of choice http://www.wynns.com.au/wines/riddoch.asp and as my mother died of cancer I don't touch the cancer sticks.

I will say it again England is not crap, my life there was. Australia is not perfect, my life here is. Simple as, end of.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:21 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

I will say it again England is not crap, my life there was. Australia is not perfect, my life here is. Simple as, end of.[/QUOTE]

Strangely NB, this is the theme that I have picked up on pretty much all of your posts....there is a lot of selective reading going on.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:25 pm
FPM
Banned

FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Simple as, end of.
Well you certainly have mastered composition of the prose like an Aussie. No wonder you fit in so well.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:28 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM
Well you certainly have mastered composition of the prose like an Aussie. No wonder you fit in so well.
She is trying to reduce the syllable count to suit her audience.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:31 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by FPM
I fit in well because I make the effort to fit in and if that makes me some kind of ocker then so be it, I will make sure my singlet is clean for my trip to the beach today. I don't miss any of the things most you homesick folk do. The pub doesn't appeal to me. The countryside is beautiful in England but due to pressures of work we never got to see any of it and I don't have a lot of family to miss.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:41 pm
FPM
Banned

I fit in well because I make the effort to fit in and if that makes me some kind of ocker then so be it, I will make sure my singlet is clean for my trip to the beach today
Oh I see, so all I've had to all these years is just make sure I have a clean vest on. Wow, it was staring me in the face all the time. I've been so blind.

She is trying to reduce the syllable count to suit her audience.
Your keeping up nicely, stick with, we'll be onto big words soon
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:46 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by FPM
Oh I see, so all I've had to all these years is just make sure I have a clean vest on. Wow, it was staring me in the face all the time. I've been so blind.

Your keeping up nicely, stick with, we'll be onto big words soon

...That should have been 'you are', or 'you're'.

At least you don't write as if it isn't your native language, unlike some on this forum.

Last edited by busterboy; Nov 1st 2006 at 9:50 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.