Moving back from Australia

Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:12 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by TraceyW
You know what drives me mad? Aussies who bleat on about how Australia is the best bloody country in the world and when you ask them where they've travelled they say "Nowhere". Talk about blinkered.

A bit like the Brits who moan about how bad the UK is and have nothing to compare it to, either.

Iiiiidiots are everywhere.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:14 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Brilliant post!

Every Aussie I've spoken to who has visited England, has only been to London. And when I ask if they liked it the reply is nearly always "It was very busy and expensive" It's bloody London for goodness sakes! Can you imagine a British person visiting New York and saying "It was very busy" ???

I've even been asked which part of London I'm from I've only been there three times in my life.

it's even funnier when those who have never visited can tell you you are wrong about things in England and that it's a shite country .I work in a coal mine in the middle of no where and there are people there who havn't been to brisbane let alone over seas and they seem to be prof.s of life in England
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:16 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie George
A bit like the Brits who moan about how bad the UK is and have nothing to compare it to, either.

Iiiiidiots are everywhere.
Hey, I would never bleat off about the UK being the best country in the world because I haven't seen the whole world yet. But I've seen a lot of it, so at least I have something to compare it to, unlike a lot of insular Aussies here who've never stepped foot out of W.A. Thinking about it though, that's probably because it's too damn expensive to get anywhere else!!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:19 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

You know what drives me mad? Aussies who bleat on about how Australia is the best bloody country in the world and when you ask them where they've travelled they say "Nowhere". Talk about blinkered.
I work with a bloke who the other week was telling me one of the reasons why this country is so GREAT: wait for it......it's because your neighbour might be the CEO of a big bank, or own a chain of supermarkets or whatever - but they would still speak to you, treat you as their equal, still on "your level" (whatever that means), they're still normal people.

His last line was "You'd never get that in the UK", and guess what - he's never been there!!!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:20 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I would never bleat off about the UK being the best country in the world because I haven't seen the whole world yet. But I've seen a lot of it, so at least I have something to compare it to, unlike a lot of insular Aussies here who've never stepped foot out of W.A. Thinking about it though, that's probably because it's too damn expensive to get anywhere else!!

Aint that the truth. I'm trying to organise a weekend break in Melbourne. I admit I'm leaving it a bit late (as we go next friday), so that's affecting price. But two nights in a hotel for $530?!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:24 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
I work with a bloke who the other week was telling me one of the reasons why this country is so GREAT: wait for it......it's because your neighbour might be the CEO of a big bank, or own a chain of supermarkets or whatever - but they would still speak to you, treat you as their equal, still on "your level" (whatever that means), they're still normal people.

His last line was "You'd never get that in the UK", and guess what - he's never been there!!!
what a crock ! those who can afford do not live with the rest of us riff raff .they live in multi million dollar homes on the north shore and if you grovel
hard enough they may let you walk the dog and keep any of the droppings you pick up you mate must walk round with his head up his arse
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:25 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Best

Maybe he watches the Bill
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:26 am
Account Closed

Aint that the truth. I'm trying to organise a weekend break in Melbourne. I admit I'm leaving it a bit late (as we go next friday), so that's affecting price. But two nights in a hotel for $530?!
It's scary isn't it? I have never felt so damn trapped in my entire life. S'pose it was our own silly fault for moving to the most isolated city in the world!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:29 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

You never said you know my parents!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:30 am
beam me up scotty

Maybe he watches the Bill
thats it the bill the truth about England
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:30 am

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is, there are far too many Brits who come over here and continually slag off the UK to the Aussies, just to fit in or they think that it will make the Aussies like them more (like the Oz is God gang on the other forum). So the Aussies are getting the impression that the UK is a shithole. Can you imagine an Aussie in the UK slagging off Australia? It is possible to like another country without having to bag your own but some people dont seem to realise this.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:32 am
Account Closed

Thing is, there are far too many Brits who come over here and continually slag off the UK to the Aussies, just to fit in or they think that it will make the Aussies like them more (like the Oz is God gang on the other forum). So the Aussies are getting the impression that the UK is a shithole. Can you imagine an Aussie in the UK slagging off Australia? It is possible to like another country without having to bag your own but some people dont seem to realise this.
Oh now, now Louise, haven't you learned yet that Australia is the best country in the whole entire world!
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:33 am
Cup of tea, Father?

It's scary isn't it? I have never felt so damn trapped in my entire life. S'pose it was our own silly fault for moving to the most isolated city in the world!

I thought you were feeling a little more settled now? (Sorry, don't mean to pry.)
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:35 am
beam me up scotty

Oh now, now Louise, haven't you learned yet that Australia is the best country in the whole entire world!
wrong again TW the whole know and unknown universe
Old Nov 10th 2006, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by FPM
You never said you know my parents!
Mine too!! Spoke to them the other day and mum made the statement that the Aussies are such nice people because all the churches are full over here . Apparently EVERYONE in Australia goes to church and leads a blameless Christian life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.