Location, location, location

Old Jun 1st 2011, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location, location, location

On NBC news last night (US) they made comments about the increasing number of renters. I think there is a lot of people flapping their mouths, maybe I'm one of them but I'm sure we are going to be in for a rocky ride because people are having to cut back even more. I remember when people were buying like crazy because if they didn't buy today it was going to cost more tomorrow. (inflation) Today things are different, people even if they have the money they don't want to spend it because they don't know what the government is going to do and how severe the cut backs are going to be.

Maybe it was something that was referenced on here but I was reading about how prices are going to rise on property because of built up demand and the lack of new construction. Baloney. Yes that could be true but not for many years.

I think I heard yesterday that these victims of the tornado have been told by the government to occupy any empty homes they find in the area. What does that mean? Squatters?

So the economy might pick up in the tornado area with construction and all these people having the insurance money to replace cars and other high end items for their homes.

Conclusion. Things will be bleak unless people learn to live simply which is again not good for the economy. "The downward spiral"

What we need is for the banks to loosen credit and I think I've read that they haven't been doing their part in helping the economy to get going again. They got burnt in the recent past so who blames them for being cautious.

So if you are still reading this I think I'm saying we are being backed further and further into a corner, economically speaking.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
On NBC news last night (US) they made comments about the increasing number of renters. I think there is a lot of people flapping their mouths, maybe I'm one of them but I'm sure we are going to be in for a rocky ride because people are having to cut back even more. I remember when people were buying like crazy because if they didn't buy today it was going to cost more tomorrow. (inflation) Today things are different, people even if they have the money they don't want to spend it because they don't know what the government is going to do and how severe the cut backs are going to be.

Maybe it was something that was referenced on here but I was reading about how prices are going to rise on property because of built up demand and the lack of new construction. Baloney. Yes that could be true but not for many years.

I think I heard yesterday that these victims of the tornado have been told by the government to occupy any empty homes they find in the area. What does that mean? Squatters?

So the economy might pick up in the tornado area with construction and all these people having the insurance money to replace cars and other high end items for their homes.

Conclusion. Things will be bleak unless people learn to live simply which is again not good for the economy. "The downward spiral"

What we need is for the banks to loosen credit and I think I've read that they haven't been doing their part in helping the economy to get going again. They got burnt in the recent past so who blames them for being cautious.

So if you are still reading this I think I'm saying we are being backed further and further into a corner, economically speaking.
I'll go along with all of what you are saying ref the US. The banks aren't lending because they are building their reserves and they can make the money elsewhere with less risk in this still declining real estate market. We are nowhere near the end of that particular issue.

The lawmakers have no clue!

As for the consumer economy, well the rich can keep buying their Coach handbags and their BMWs but as for the rest, well, there is precious little positive unless they can borrow cheaply which we don't want.

As ever, best not to go on about it because somebody will jump in and say we are being too negative. REALISTIC is my motto at all times, rather than play the ostrich or rather than saying what I think others want to hear, which is pretty pointless for everybody init.

The UK real estate prices, unlike the US, probably will be buoyed by excess demand and an absence of anywhere near the required amount of residential property construction.

Anyway almost all of the western "advanced" economies are in the same US gloom boat though, barring Germany, Switzerland, Canada, and the Scandinavian countries. Turkey is emerging and France seems to be doing ok right now.

We've had our turn and now it's Asia's and the Middle East's and (hand on my heart) even Africa's. Australia would be doing better if it wasn't for the supposed impact of global warming that is hitting them every-which-way.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 1st 2011 at 3:22 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Over budget at £360,000 but its in a ncie setting near Bandbury, Oxon but in Warwickshire

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...75000%26radius
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

All this has going for it is location, location and price. £198,000 for the cotswolds.

Inside is poor and a turn off. Garden is tired.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...p&fromMap=true
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

All this has going for it is location, location and price. £198,000 for the cotswolds.

Inside is poor and a turn off. Garden is tired.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...p&fromMap=true
A bit isolated - the house that is - but boy is this beautiful country when you get off the main roads.

Funnily enough I was just looking at Bourton-on-the-Hill as I will be in the Cotswolds next month and was checking Dining Pubs and found the Horse & Groom there. You have to follow the main road on Streetview a fair way until you find the village proper which does look rather superb and has a street well away from the main thoroughfare A44.

Money doesn't go very far in this neck of the woods if you pay 459,000 and are on a busy main road in spite of the stunning interior, gardens and views when perched on one leg somewhere in the eaves.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...?premiumA=true

Nor for a five bedroomed place, which I wont even post, for 3,000,000 which is in need of modernisation. EEK!

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 1st 2011 at 5:56 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

£239,000

on the street view I could almost smell the heather on the hedges

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-27363442.html
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

£239,000

Right next to the Hare & Hounds pub but that's ok, there's a lot more habitation there than meets the eye once you can work out where you really are on streetview.

http://www.westdorset.com/site/local...hounds-p866663

I like the ensuite on the top floor which is very rare these days. Funny that they call the bathroom on the first floor an ensuite as there is no other bathroom for bedroom 2.

Could be nice in a nice part of the world.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 1st 2011 at 11:31 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

£239,000

Pay attention... I posted this one before! Yes, I really like it for many reasons.

Like all the Cotswold properties but I want more for my money. That first one though...

I think Bridport could be a good option for me. Close to the coast with affordable properties.

By the way, for statistical information ... 6 properties from my saved list have sold; 5 in Devon and one in the Cotswolds. It would appear that good affordable properties in Devon are not staying around for long.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
Right next to the Hare & Hounds pub but that's ok, there's a lot more habitation there than meets the eye once you can work out where you really are on streetview.

I like the ensuite on the top floor which is very rare these days. Funny that they call the bathroom on the first floor an ensuite as there is no other bathroom for bedroom 2.

Could be nice in a nice part of the world.
I also posted info on this pub.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

I'll go along with all of what you are saying ref the US. The banks aren't lending because they are building their reserves and they can make the money elsewhere with less risk in this still declining real estate market. We are nowhere near the end of that particular issue.
1) This week on CBC News they stated that the decline in US house prices is expected to continue for at least another 3 years. Remember I'm just the messenger.

2) On a completely different topic, I was about to give up on Swanage because of it's lack of rail links until I saw some rail line in a map and did a little research:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-10810290

http://www.swanagerailway.co.uk/

Declutter, redecorate and you can almost dangle your feet in the water:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-18967560.html

This one could have possibilites; larger than it looks, no house behind, possible sea view, cellar rooms ?, large lean to, walk to beach:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-30185170.html

Last edited by bandrui; Jun 2nd 2011 at 7:01 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

You can hop on the train at Corfe castle:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-30724523.html

More:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33241895.html

Just for fun:

http://dorset.greatbritishlife.co.uk...icecare-20080/
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

A bit isolated - the house that is - but boy is this beautiful country when you get off the main roads.

Funnily enough I was just looking at Bourton-on-the-Hill as I will be in the Cotswolds next month and was checking Dining Pubs and found the Horse & Groom there. You have to follow the main road on Streetview a fair way until you find the village proper which does look rather superb and has a street well away from the main thoroughfare A44.

Money doesn't go very far in this neck of the woods if you pay 459,000 and are on a busy main road in spite of the stunning interior, gardens and views when perched on one leg somewhere in the eaves.

The modern TV looks out of place in that house.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bandrui
I also posted info on this pub.
Sorry about that!

You know I'm not a big reader of Rightmove posts these days as they can be rather overwhelming. I spend enough time on those webpages for myself for other reasons. Can't say I'll do better 'cause I don't want to.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

This week on CBC News they stated that the decline in US house prices is expected to continue for at least another 3 years. Remember I'm just the messenger.
Almost guaranteed with state-varying foreclosure procedures that can in some cases take years and artificial manipulation of mortgages to postpone the inevitable.

I see the US government intends to indict employers of illegals as an alternative to raiding to weed out the illegals. About time! That should stem the flow somewhat.

In three years or so somebody sensible could come along and overhaul US healthcare the way it was supposed to be done the first time around, at the point of service delivery and with a single payer and the US might be looking real good for that cheap retirement home.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 2nd 2011 at 11:07 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Back to Dorset:

Here's a lovely cottage in Wayport, just North of Bridport (3 Bedrooms ):

With a nice neighbourhood Inn to boot:

SNAP!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.