Location, location, location

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location, location, location

Space

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-18717420.html
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
You can take up riding.........

the John Deere..... which you most-assuredly will need.

That country is looking beautiful on Streetview. Property is in fair nick - How much for the land and how much for the property do you suppose if you split it up.

This family must have moved somewhere up near this property and they're living to our budget!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011...et?INTCMP=SRCH

read the comment by Tekapo

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 2nd 2011 at 6:42 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting article to smooth away some of our social concerns when considering living in the sticks:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...ps?INTCMP=SRCH

Interesting comments too from oommph and Cheeky68 amongst others.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 10:36 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine why cheeky68 is short of friends - he sounds such a charmer

This is the modern world, rude and selfish pigdogs with plastic 'friends' on Facebook.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I can't imagine why cheeky68 is short of friends - he sounds such a charmer

cheeky got a lot of recommends but I'm being unfair as oblongorbit got more but it's a big read.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Walk to everything......
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-29620781.html

this one has my gate and looks like a nice fireplace/mantle and plenty of space(garden)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33298907.html

really nice environment

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-32404277.html
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
You can take up riding.........

the John Deere..... which you most-assuredly will need.

That country is looking beautiful on Streetview. Property is in fair nick - How much for the land and how much for the property do you suppose if you split it up.

This family must have moved somewhere up near this property and they're living to our budget!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011...et?INTCMP=SRCH

read the comment by Tekapo
That's my story! Well, no pigs, but I am moving toward self-sufficiency and can definitely share their sentiment about sitting in meetings. Maybe I should write a book.

Some people around here ride the John Deere but perhaps as many just bring in a few sheep.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Last night I got the last half of the program, House Hunters International, about a couple who were around 30 years old, maybe late 20's and they were moving from Bakersfield, California to Buckinghamshire. He was a Brit and she was a USC. They bought the house that I wouldn't have bought, for $320,000 and DW said they paid cash??? The husband had lived in the US for 10 years. They are not on our forum because they don't have a Under 50's. I still don't get as to their choice. They wanted something rustic and they sure got it. The wife, no children, got a job as a receptionist at a local beauty salon and her husband seems to working as a mobile on road mechanic. His mother lives close by so I don't know if she put up the money for them to buy the house or not.
My point is, by watching this program, they made it look so easy and also how did they amass this amount of money at their age? Maybe inheritance, lottery, who knows.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:26 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

I've just posted on the 'Rovers Return' board in answer to a thread about 'Eastbourne, or other Seaside Towns' (or similar title!).

We used to drive from our house in the Epping Forest area of Essex (ie. Greater London) on day trips (about 1hr 20 mins) to a lovely seaside town called Walton on the Naze when our children were little. Walton is a lovely traditional seaside town with a long sandy beach, very clean and tidy and unknown to most tourists who tend to go to the bigger and brashier Clacton-on-Sea a little further down the coast.

The ports of Harwich and Felixstowe are nearby (for trips on the ferries to Holland etc.) and Stansted airport is to the West on the A120 between Great Dunmow and Bishops Stortford for cheap flights to mainland Europe, Ireland etc.

Walton is an easy driving distance to the old Roman city of Colchester (for shopping and cultural activities) and there are some lovely villages and nature trails to explore in the area. Prices are very reasonable for housing compared to other seaside towns:

Map of Essex
http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/map...8338%2C0.97865

Local Info
http://www.walton-on-the-naze.com/

Properties (prices from lowest to highest...including a beach hut for sale! )

http://www.primelocation.com/uk-prop...the-naze/?ls=0
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I
Properties (prices from lowest to highest...including a beach hut for sale! )

http://www.primelocation.com/uk-prop...the-naze/?ls=0
I for one think that prices will continue to go down.
In my area there a few people who were able to scoop up homes at rock bottom prices one or two years ago and now they couldn't sell them if they wanted to. It is a gamble buying homes today and the government/politicians have run out of options of how to get things going again.
I'm looking at 10 years from now that the economies of our countries will turn around a little.
IMO if Hitler were to march across borders today we would have to sit and watch him do it because there is no funds to pay for defense.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

IMO if Hitler were to march across borders today we would have to sit and watch him do it.
That pretty much the way we handled it the first time around. It was over before we (Brits, France and Belgium) could react to defeat his tank advance.

Fortunately he's dead, or like Bin Laden and Elvis he's on ice somewhere?

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 3rd 2011 at 8:10 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

I for one think that prices will continue to go down.
In my area there a few people who were able to scoop up homes at rock bottom prices one or two years ago and now they couldn't sell them if they wanted to. It is a gamble buying homes today and the government/politicians have run out of options of how to get things going again.
I'm looking at 10 years from now that the economies of our countries will turn around a little.
IMO if Hitler were to march across borders today we would have to sit and watch him do it because there is no funds to pay for defense.
Per yesterday's NYTimes the sentiment is changing and more and more Americans are considering renting rather than buying. No surprise there!

I've discovered that if you google the copy & pasted FREE NYTimes web headlines you come back to the same headline and you can read the NYTimes detail under the headline for free still whereas now if you click in the newspaper's website it gets blanked out after about a second asking you to pay a subscription.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 3rd 2011 at 8:12 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

\
The key is the world of finance being back in proper, regulated, functioning order. The problem with that is that lax lending was good for growth.

What makes you think that 10 years (the passage of time) will make things any better when we are (past peak oil) running out of oil? We need to be planning for that sort of future of growth right now but election/re-election cycles up to now preclude that sort of long-range planning as we have so painfully witnessed.

So our Location Location Location thought process quite honestly more and more can become the lesser of several evils or a balancing act with the UK as part - the issue of family and friends aside, that is. The Third World, particularly that part which grows something to eat and has fish still swimming, doesn't seem quite so bad when the expectations for it are so low in the first place .

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 3rd 2011 at 8:43 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
What makes you think that 10 years (the passage of time) will make things any better when we are (past peak oil) running out of oil? We need to be planning for that sort of future of growth right now but election/re-election cycles up to now preclude that sort of long-range planning as we have so painfully witnessed.

).
May we are not past peak oil? The reserves in Kazakhstan are significant and, with further exploration, it could equal Saudi Arabia. Otherwise, the problem is, as far as long term planning is concerned, the politicians never look past their next term in office.

On a different note, I was down in Norfolk last week through work. First time I have ever been. What a great place, reasonably priced property, pleanty of fresh fish, cheap real ale, relaxed friendly people. Like a different World.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by johnh009
May we are not past peak oil? The reserves in Kazakhstan are significant and, with further exploration, it could equal Saudi Arabia. Otherwise, the problem is, as far as long term planning is concerned, the politicians never look past their next term in office.

On a different note, I was down in Norfolk last week through work. First time I have ever been. What a great place, reasonably priced property, pleanty of fresh fish, cheap real ale, relaxed friendly people. Like a different World.
Don't we have to pipe it through Russia to get it to the ships? Its been a long time since this came up for me so I know nothing.
Does this mean the next war is going to be in Kstan?
Agree on politicians.
I think of Norfolk as being wind swept. You are probably right on the prices so lets move all the city types out of London and have them build high rises there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.