Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:49 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Gogglebox is the weirdest and best show on TV at the moment IMHO.

Basically, we just watch people watching TV. It's hilarious! Here they are watching Nigella Lawson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxkIoCATjAA

And here's a whole episode for anyone who enjoyed that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAdYvwE8I2Y

Last edited by sallysimmons; Nov 20th 2013 at 8:58 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:19 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Gogglebox is the weirdest and best show on TV at the moment IMHO.

Basically, we just watch people watching TV. It's hilarious! Here they are watching Nigella Lawson

It's on telly at the moment - what a bizarre concept! Whatever will they think of next - showing people watching a program about people watching a program? Talk about "reality" TV. I suppose it's cheaper to make than all of those educational documentaries.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Very funny.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
Season 2 of Last Tango in Halifax starts tonight
Thanks for the tip. After watching 5 mins I was hooked! Luckily, I located season 1 on Amazon Prime
Old Nov 21st 2013, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
Season 2 of Last Tango in Halifax starts tonight
Thanks for the reminder... watched it last night and glad it's back.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Life on Mars is one of my favourite shows. The follow up to it is Ashes to Ashes. I coudn't get into it. I won't say anymore and let you form your opinion on it.
I tried to watch it but was so disappointed that DI Sam Tyler wasn't there that I couldn't get into it either. I thought the 'replacement' woman's acting was not great. I was always aware that she was acting. Wonder if Sam Tyler will be back? I know she said he's dead, but in her world he was.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 8:30 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
I tried to watch it but was so disappointed that DI Sam Tyler wasn't there that I couldn't get into it either. I thought the 'replacement' woman's acting was not great. I was always aware that she was acting. Wonder if Sam Tyler will be back? I know she said he's dead, but in her world he was.
Exactly. The chemistry did not work. I couldn't decide if I didn't like the character or the actress and the off the shoulder jumper with bra strap showing just got on my nerves. Who went to work in the eighties with their underwear on show? Not in my world. OK. I am now officially old
Old Nov 21st 2013, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Exactly. The chemistry did not work. I couldn't decide if I didn't like the character or the actress and the off the shoulder jumper with bra strap showing just got on my nerves. Who went to work in the eighties with their underwear on show? Not in my world. OK. I am now officially old
No, you just have better taste in fashion
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lf1
Exactly. Looked like some kind of bad Halloween costume.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:11 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
It's on telly at the moment - what a bizarre concept! Whatever will they think of next - showing people watching a program about people watching a program? Talk about "reality" TV. I suppose it's cheaper to make than all of those educational documentaries.
It's bizarre but it totally works. I hate reality TV and I'm hooked. All the people are so endearing, and so funny. Especially the rich couple who just sit and get sloshed every night.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:16 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

It's bizarre but it totally works. I hate reality TV and I'm hooked. All the people are so endearing, and so funny. Especially the rich couple who just sit and get sloshed every night.
In the first few minutes I was watching last night, one woman was laughing her head off, mouth agape - with a mouthful of half-eaten food. It was really gross, but as you say, somehow enthralling.

On a separate note, I read yesterday that there's a new series (3 x 2-hr episodes, I think) of Foyle's War. He is some high-up in military intelligence and the emphasis is on the Cold War.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:40 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

On a separate note, I read yesterday that there's a new series (3 x 2-hr episodes, I think) of Foyle's War. He is some high-up in military intelligence and the emphasis is on the Cold War.
Brilliant! That has made my day.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:43 pm
Ping-ponger

Originally Posted by lf1
Brilliant! That has made my day.
I should probably have added that it is planned - not filmed yet, so not airing any time soon. I read it on my Flipboard news feed, I think.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 7:02 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

I should probably have added that it is planned - not filmed yet, so not airing any time soon. I read it on my Flipboard news feed, I think.
I just had to google it. Scheduled for 2015. In the meantime, I'll just have to work my way through the previous seasons, again.

Now I have to investigate what Flipboard is all about.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 7:39 pm
Ping-ponger

Originally Posted by lf1
I just had to google it. Scheduled for 2015. In the meantime, I'll just have to work my way through the previous seasons, again.

Now I have to investigate what Flipboard is all about.
It's an app that allows you to select news topics (cycling, sport, UK, technology, business, etc.). It trawls various news sources and loads them up in your categories - so you can not only keep up to date with (free) news, it's categorised into your areas of interest.

I also have News Republic, which I prefer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.