Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Wikiposts

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:46 am
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Cleri...... There you go.

1.20 kg de frango
1.20 kilograms of young chicken

1/2 dl de azeite
1/2 deciliter of olive oil

1 cebola(s)
One onion

1 colher (sopa) de polpa de tomate
One soup spoon of tomato paste

0.40 dl de leite de côco
.40 deciliters of coconut milk

1/2 Lt de caldo de galinha
1/2 liter of chicken broth (or dissolved chicken bouillon)

1 dente(s) de alho
One garlic clove

1 ramo(s) de coentros
One small bunch of fresh coriander

1 casca(s) de limão
One lemon peal

q.b. de sal grosso
Sea salt

2 colher (sopa) de caril
Two soup spoons of curry

1 maçãs reineta
One reineta apple. These are the large green ones that come from Sintra.

1.Corte antecipadamente o frango em pedaços e tempere-os com 1 colher de sopa de pó de caril.

Cut a small chicken in pieces and mix it in a bowl with a full soup spoon of curry powder. Let it sit.

2.Faça um refogado com o azeite e a cebola picada finhinha. Quando a cebola começar a querer alourar, junte o frango e, sobre o lume vá mexendo com cuidado, mais ou menos 2 minutos, até refogar mais um pouco.Espalhe por cima o restante caril, junte tambem a polpa de tomate e volte a mexer com cuidado.

After it sits for a couple of hours, brown a finely chopped onion in olive oil. When the onion reaches a light golden color add in the pieces of chicken, and continue browning and MIXING constantly for about 2 minutes until the onion becomes fully brown. Add in the second soup spoon of curry powder and the tomato paste. Continue mixing CAREFULLY.

Meanwhile…

3.Descasque a maçã e corte-a em pedacinhos e junte ao preparado, junte tambem o leite de côco.

Peal the apple and cut it into little pieces, then add it and the coconut milk to the curry.

4.Esmague o dente de alho e o raminho de coentros juntamente com um pouco de sal grosso e junte ao caril.Deixe cozer lentamente, acrescentando o caldo necessário para cozer o frango.

Smash the garlic and the cilantro with some sea salt to taste (a small wizing machine helps here, or you can use a mortar and pastel) and add it to the curry. Let it simmer slowly adding in stock as needed until the chicken is fully cooked.

5.Logo que cozido, retire o frango e deixe o molho apurar um pouco, se necessário acrescente mais caldo.

As soon as the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken pieces from the liquid. If needed add in a little more chicken brothand mix. Let it sit for about 15 minutes.

6.Passe o molho por um passador,passe vite ou se preferir com a varinha mágica.Rectifique os temperos e junte uma casquinha de limão.

Pass the liquid (sauce) through a food mill or use one of those immersion blenders (the hand powered food mill is best), adjust the salt and pepper, and add in the lemon peel.

7.Volte a juntar o frango ao molho, e deixe-o assim até ao momento de servir.Só então deve ser aquecido.

Add the chicken pieces back in and let it sit until it is time to serve it. Then re-heat it. This cooling down and re-heating is essential to the dish.

Nota:

Fica mais saboroso se for feito de véspera e aquecido no momento de servir.

Note. It is best made the day before and heated again just before serving.

Serve over white rice.

Cleri….. Please say you can eat chicken….

Hugs from the local Portuguese.

Last edited by cavalierhome; Aug 5th 2008 at 4:21 am.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:35 am
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

PS coentros I said coriander but that is normaly dry.... Cilantro is the correct name.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:39 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou,yes I can eat chicken.
I can also understand most of the recipe in Portuguese
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks cavalier for both the recipes in both languages. Unfortunately I'll have to leave the wine out cos like Cleri, I too have an allergy, but mine is to alcohol.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by brodev
Thanks cavalier for both the recipes in both languages. Unfortunately I'll have to leave the wine out cos like Cleri, I too have an allergy, but mine is to alcohol.

Thats awful
Old Aug 5th 2008, 11:04 pm
Á Boa Vida

Originally Posted by brodev
Replace wine with a small amount of lemon juice.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 11:05 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

What's up Clegs, you bin pinin for me?
Old Aug 5th 2008, 11:05 pm
Á Boa Vida

Good morning...... Where is everybody?

Raining cats and dogs here this morning.

cheers
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
What's up Clegs, you bin pinin for me?
NOMES
Where you bin
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:43 am
Dancing Queen

Susie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
I'm back
Bloody freezin'.
Took me ages to catch up - think I left on p 170 something. Phew!!
Knackered, was up at 5 this morning to get flight - wished I hadn't.(Got the flight that is)
Coming back to action packed few days. Got to go to Cambridge tomorrow to play in regional golf comp - that fills me with fear as I haven't played for over two weeks, it should fill my playing partner with fear too -still it's a day out.
Then of course the wedding on Sat in Hampshire - have to mind my Ps & Qs there , back on Sunday if the alcohol levels are low, a day at home on Monday then back out to Cabanas on Tuesday for couple of weeks.(So if you missed me tottering around in me cheungthingy Trog, watch out over the next couple of weeks )
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:46 am
Á Boa Vida

Originally Posted by Susie Wong
Hi everyone
I'm back
Bloody freezin'.
Took me ages to catch up - think I left on p 170 something. Phew!!
Knackered, was up at 5 this morning to get flight - wished I hadn't.(Got the flight that is)
Coming back to action packed few days. Got to go to Cambridge tomorrow to play in regional golf comp - that fills me with fear as I haven't played for over two weeks, it should fill my playing partner with fear too -still it's a day out.
Then of course the wedding on Sat in Hampshire - have to mind my Ps & Qs there , back on Sunday if the alcohol levels are low, a day at home on Monday then back out to Cabanas on Tuesday for couple of weeks.(So if you missed me tottering around in me cheungthingy Trog, watch out over the next couple of weeks )

I'm exausted just reading this but it sounds like fun.

Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:48 am

Blimey,first Nomes now Suze hellooooooooooooo
Have a great wedding mate,dont get drunk and show yerself up like flanny would
And good luck for the comp

And then just hurry up and get yourself back here to the sunshine
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:57 am
Dancing Queen

Susie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri

Me drunk -ahem - could be a problem as got me drinking boots back over the last couple of weeks and the vinho is gonna be cheaper than in PT - it's free
Will let you know about comp - maybe
Old Aug 6th 2008, 5:54 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri

Oi!

Fair cop I s'pose

Welcome back Suze and Gnomes
Old Aug 6th 2008, 5:59 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

This evening I am knocking up a Rogan with Pop starters (bought) with home made raita - yeah baby and a mixed onion salad thing like you get in the curry house with mango chukernee(bought again) .

Oh! And my culinary skills are being enhanced by the sounds of ......

Guns 'n' Roses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.