Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Wikiposts

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:01 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Angel Islington was good,only one stop on the tube from KC to get home on the last train.........................those were the days many a time I have been extremely pissed,running up the platform to try and catch the last train home....happy days
Anyways....have you had some Annadin extra with yer bocky??
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:04 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Nah! The painkillers I have to take for my ankle have sorted me out ta

Maybe you should get a cheap Easyjet back home for a long weekend or sumfink?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by derbyflan

Nah! The painkillers I have to take for my ankle have sorted me out ta

Maybe you should get a cheap Easyjet back home for a long weekend or sumfink?
Nah...... even if I did,its not the same as going to the "smoke" wif yer mates
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:11 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Nah...... even if I did,its not the same as going to the "smoke" wif yer mates
Honestly, the best part of your trip would be going to London. The rest of your time you'd be glad you'd left the UK.

I'm sure almost everyone who I saw in London yesterday would've swapped it for a house with a pool in PT
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:14 pm

Honestly, the best part of your trip would be going to London. The rest of your time you'd be glad you'd left the UK.

I'm sure almost everyone who I saw in London yesterday would've swapped it for a house with a pool in PT
Yep,I know that,and Im really pleased Im here,its just sometimes a little bit of nostalgia creeps in and reminds me of some really good times,but lets face it....most of the time it was shit
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:21 pm
ex-squaddie

Yep,I know that,and Im really pleased Im here,its just sometimes a little bit of nostalgia creeps in and reminds me of some really good times,but lets face it....most of the time it was shit

Yeah. Its bit like going back to somewhere that was really great the last time you were there but when you return, it's never as good (if that makes sense).

The best holiday I ever had was in the Dominican Republic. Brilliant hotel, great place, nice people etc. But I remember being sad as I was leaving coz I knew I'd never go back coz if I did, I just knew it wouldn't be as good.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:24 pm

Yeah. Its bit like going back to somewhere that was really great the last time you were there but when you return, it's never as good (if that makes sense).

The best holiday I ever had was in the Dominican Republic. Brilliant hotel, great place, nice people etc. But I remember being sad as I was leaving coz I knew I'd never go back coz if I did, I just knew it wouldn't be as good.
Yep,thats what I told Richard Gere,he didnt understand my decision....but thats life
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:26 pm
ex-squaddie

Yep,thats what I told Richard Gere,he didnt understand my decision....but thats life

He didn't have a gerbil with him at the time did he
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:31 pm
ex-squaddie

Oh well. Up the stairs to bedfordshire then.
nitey nitey

x
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:37 pm

He didn't have a gerbil with him at the time did he
How did you know that!!!!
He was called toshak and was a very very nice gerbil (my cousin used to have a gerbil named after the footballer) god how old am i
Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:26 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Get yourself off to the nearest greasy spoon for a fry up. That'll sort out the hangover.

Used to get together with some ex-RAF mates every now and then on a Friday lunch time for a few bevvies and often got in quite late. But not as bad as one of the others who should have got off the train in Chatham and ended up in Ramsgate. It was the last train so he phoned his other half to ask her to come and collect him. Her reply was short and sweet and included an "f" word.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 9:47 pm
ex-squaddie

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
Get yourself off to the nearest greasy spoon for a fry up. That'll sort out the hangover.

Used to get together with some ex-RAF mates every now and then on a Friday lunch time for a few bevvies and often got in quite late. But not as bad as one of the others who should have got off the train in Chatham and ended up in Ramsgate. It was the last train so he phoned his other half to ask her to come and collect him. Her reply was short and sweet and included an "f" word.
I've done that plenty of times

Once went to Manchester by train to see my brother.

Had a few lubricants to cure the train boredom.

Woke up in Liverpool
Old Aug 5th 2008, 2:55 am
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all.

Happy whatever it is you are doing....

Brodev.... Just for you... Don't let these guys here know ok..... They eat entirely too much curry.

Ingredients:

600 grs. de gambas cruas descascadas (ou lagostins ou camarão grande)
600 grams of large shrimp

1 cebola picada
One chopped onion.

2 dentes de alho picados
Two cloves of garlic chopped

1 colher de sopa bem cheia de pó de caril
One soup spoon well filed with Curry powder

1 colher de sopa de concentrado de tomate
One soup spoon of tomato paste

2, 5 dl de caldo de marisco
2 AND 5 deciliters of shrimp stock

1 colher de chá de farinha
One tea spoon of flower

piripiri a gosto
As much piri piri pepper as you like (careful)

1 folha de louro
One bay leaf

1/2 colher de chá de coentros em pó
1/2 tea spoon of dried cilantro

3 cravinhos
3 cloves

1 colher de sopa de banha
One table spoon of lard

1 colher de sopa de azeite
One table spoon of olive oil

Confecção:
How to do it

Numa frigideira funda, leve a refogar no azeite e na banha, a cebola, os dentes de alho e a folha de louro.

In a deep frying pan brown the onion, the garlic and the bay leaf in the olive oil and the lard until golden brown.

Assim que a cebola esteja loura, junte o pó de caril desfeito num pouco de caldo de marisco, os coentros em pó, o concentrado de tomate, os cravinhos e o piripiri.

As soon as it becomes golden brown, add the curry powder, that you should have diluted in the 2 dl of shrimp stock (it's ok to use bullion if you don't have stock). And also add in the dried coriander, the tomato paste, the cloves and the piri piri pepper.

Deixe apurar cerca de 3 a 4 minutos e, em seguida, adicione a farinha desfeita no resto do caldo.

Let it simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes and then add the flower that you should have disolved in the rest of the shrimp stock.

Deixe cozer em lume brando cerca de 8 minutos.

Let it simmer for about 8 minutes.

Junte o marisco e deixe fervilhar cerca de 5 minutos até estar cozido, e o molho grosso, mas não seco.

Add the shrimp and raise the heat to a low boil for about 5 minutes until the shrimp are cooked and the sauce has thickened without drying.

Rectifique os temperos e sirva acompanhado com arroz branco solto.

Check for salt and adjust the spices and serve with loose white rice.

DON'T FORGET THE WINE.

Cleri you can try this too on one of your less wine days

Cheers all
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:07 am

Cant.......Im allergic to shellfish

I dont have less wine days
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:09 am
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

Cant.......Im allergic to shellfish

I dont have less wine days

Oh no..... Ok then I will find another one just for you.

BRB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.