Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:38 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute
Default When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Well my personal tragedy is out of the way and I can put my mind to the new thread. Sorry you cynics but we’ve been around longer than you and we intend to go on.

I can only say that Portugal has lived up to every expectation. Friendly and very helpful people – generous to a fault, wonderful scenery, a rich assortment of food and of course they have a little wine here too.
Where I live in Central area I am immersed in a totally PT community and have been accepted very well. I get potatoes given to me, pinecones for the stove lemons etc.
Here crime doesn’t exist. Good manners and respectful children are normal and they greet one almost without exception. As Lippie says they are harder on themselves than they are with me. The food is dirt cheap and when you get to know where to go it becomes even cheaper and better quality than supermarkets. The weather has been a bit cold during the winter but the sun is always warm. I have had great medical coverage, one waits a bit longer but last week the doctor spent half an hour with me and was very thorough.
I hope to continue renovations on my casa very soon now and all in all it is still an adventure.
This was just a little synopsis, if anybody wants info please ask.
Over to you Cleribobs, and when you post I want to say welcome to your thread.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:49 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

OURS!

Well Ive booked myself into rehab,after 17 days of visitors
Its not easy typing in a straightjacket you know!

Cant agree more,I now live in what I consider "real Portugal" everything you say is so true.
Yesterday my neighbour brought round a freshly cooked passover cake,yum,think it had aniseed in it.Today I have been given home made chourico,everyone is just fantastic,and we have been made so welcome in the village.
They do look at hub sideways when he is wandering around in his shorts tho

The local bar owner is a bit gutted,her takings have gone down along with my visitors

So pleased you are enjoying life too Nomes.

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:25 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
OURS!

Well Ive booked myself into rehab,after 17 days of visitors
Its not easy typing in a straightjacket you know!

Cant agree more,I now live in what I consider "real Portugal" everything you say is so true.
Yesterday my neighbour brought round a freshly cooked passover cake,yum,think it had aniseed in it.Today I have been given home made chourico,everyone is just fantastic,and we have been made so welcome in the village.
They do look at hub sideways when he is wandering around in his shorts tho

The local bar owner is a bit gutted,her takings have gone down along with my visitors

So pleased you are enjoying life too Nomes.

Glad to see you. Isnt it nice in here? All freshly painted and new, I think Jdr got it ready for us.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:35 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more of a nervous observer these days.

These 'new' people frighten me
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:44 pm
---------

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I'm more of a nervous observer these days.

These 'new' people frighten me
Well it's nice to see old friends Flan. Grey and windy here today, may need something stronger than vinho later. Any suggestions? Or maybe pera it's lovely.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:15 pm

Im not sure about the curtains
Wots pera
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:16 pm

Hi Flanny,where you bin?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:32 pm
---------

Im not sure about the curtains
Wots pera
If I've spelled it correctly it's pear flavoured aguardente. yellow in colour.
Warms the cockles of yer heart.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:39 pm

Well i thought it must be something to do with pears,as i live in the heart of pera rocha country
Sounds good,I like Aguardente,well its alcohol innit
I shall give it a go,purely for research of course.

Raining,cold and windy here,so sounds just what i need.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:14 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Pera Rocha? "Ooh! Ambassador, you are spoiling uzzzzz"

Been doing lots and lots of research. Plus my daughter's been here from Uni over easter holidays

It was snowing here this morning. Just overcast now Looking forward to next month when hopefully you lot will have organised some sunshyyyyne for the Flanz Tour
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:17 am
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

OLA!

Pera.... It's Agua ardent that had a pear put in with it. We also do Figo Agua ardent.

When you speak of Portugal and of us Portuguese as you do it really makes me smile and be a little proud.

make sure your agua ardent is made from grapes not medroghno. In the south they also make it from medroghno (a fruit) but it hearts you bad....

Sometimes agua ardent is aged in oak like for example Casal Ribeiro & Ferreira (C R & F) as we say it. We say cr&f it sounds like a word not letters.

It rolls off your tong like ce erre E ef ....... LOL

Cheers to the new thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Pera Rocha? "Ooh! Ambassador, you are spoiling uzzzzz"

Been doing lots and lots of research. Plus my daughter's been here from Uni over easter holidays

It was snowing here this morning. Just overcast now Looking forward to next month when hopefully you lot will have organised some sunshyyyyne for the Flanz Tour

Well its lovely and sunny today flanny,so fingers crossed! my thermommythingummy says 22 degrees,but thats in the sun,the wind is a bit nippy.
Think Nomad has fallen in a vat of pera Either that or watchin Liverpool,spawny manure are 1 nil up Boooooooooo
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:56 pm
ex-squaddie

Well its lovely and sunny today flanny,so fingers crossed! my thermommythingummy says 22 degrees,but thats in the sun,the wind is a bit nippy.
Think Nomad has fallen in a vat of pera Either that or watchin Liverpool,spawny manure are 1 nil up Boooooooooo
I imagine he'll be in for a hard time considering two of the three Manure goalscorers are PT
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:02 pm

Aye
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:15 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Just want to say "WTMTP welcome to your new home, I'm sure you will be happy and contented and if you can save a few bob on the decoration than that's even better"

Now what we gonna talk about?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.