Frontex Border Guard

Old Jan 26th 2020, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Thejoyinart
Great idea! Is it just me that’s checking their email in anticipation every half hour 😊
Welcome to the club.
You are not alone. :-)
I'm doing it every 40 situps. It means 10 times a day. πŸ™„

Last edited by Stanx; Jan 26th 2020 at 1:02 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

My bet: emails this coming week, Eng test in max 5 days from receiving the mail, physical by the 15th of Feb. Interview, medical and paperwork immediately after.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stanx
My bet: emails this coming week, Eng test in max 5 days from receiving the mail, physical by the 15th of Feb. Interview, medical and paperwork immediately after.
I hope not....physical test 15 febr would be too soon for me...!
Old Jan 26th 2020, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

gpiper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chantal F
I hope not....physical test 15 febr would be too soon for me...!
Yeah wayyyyyy too soon for me as well. Has to be in March otherwise no chance with the press ups
Old Jan 26th 2020, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Thejoyinart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stanx
Welcome to the club.
You are not alone. :-)
I'm doing it every 40 situps. It means 10 times a day. πŸ™„
hahaha brilliant literally laughed out loud
Old Jan 26th 2020, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

AntoU is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gpiper
Yeah wayyyyyy too soon for me as well. Has to be in March otherwise no chance with the press ups
I have stopped to look my email since I have joined the group. I hope will be later too so to improve in everything it is required.....ah ah ah
Old Jan 26th 2020, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Platon2020 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello friends!
My name is Dimitris and i am Major to the Hellinic Army.

I participated to the selection prosedure of the European Border and Coast Guard Agency.

I would like to ask you the following questions:

A. After the probationary period the permanent settlement will be at Warsaw and from there the Frontex personel will be deployed where is necessary?

B. If my base will be in Warsaw , how many months I will be deployed every year ?

C. Will I have to pay the expenses for two (2) households ? One in Warsaw and one in at the deployment area ?

D. If my wife is also accepted to Frontex , can we deployed to the same place ?

I sent an email to the HR department of Frontex but I have not received an answer yet... Does any candidate have any idea?
Old Jan 26th 2020, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Platon2020
Hello friends!

I participated to the selection prosedure of the European Border and Coast Guard Agency.

A. After the probationary period the permanent settlement will be at Warsaw and from there the Frontex personel will be deployed where is necessary?

B. If my base will be in Warsaw , how many months I will be deployed every year ?

C. Will I have to pay the expenses for two (2) households ? One in Warsaw and one in at the deployment area ?

I sent an email to the HR department of Frontex but I have not received an answer yet... Does any candidate have any idea?
Hey Dimitris,

My understanding is that there will be an expectation we have a permanent base in Warsaw. Realistically I cannot see that being the case for everyone unless you are based out of HQ.

Deployments look to be long-term having read the selection notice with periods back in Warsaw for re-certification and annual leave and any other annual training and development.

Housing is a good question. We get a deployment allowance but that would not be enough to sustain two households (see rents in Greek islands). Frontex staff get put up in hotels dont they? I know for example some Frontex seconded German police officers were staying in a 5 star hotel in Ioannina in Northern Greece.

So many questions so few answers. Has anyone actually heard back from emailing that inbox? I think they must have been overwhelmed very quickly and gave up altogether.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hello friends!

From what I have understood so far:

A. Yes;
B. I don't think they have provide this information yet. They just informed that will be on a rotation basis returning back to Warsaw for further training after an unspecified deployement period;
C. I just guess here. I think that the deployement expenses will be covered by the mission allowance which, in turn, depends by the specific country interested;
D. I Don't know how much flexible they are in dealing with the specific situation.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

I have just found this interesting link in a frontex linkedin thread created for this selection procedure by the Frontex Team.

https://frontex.europa.eu/assets/Car...nt_process.pdf

it seems that the english test will be held on a test center on a date between 21 February 2020 - 04 March 2020 to be chosen after receving the invitation.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Found the link you mention. Although it is on a thread created for Border Guards it is a direct reply to a question about the Support Officers role so it does not apply to us.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

You are right. It looks like they are very busy with many ongoing selection processes.....
Old Jan 26th 2020, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gpiper
The shuttle run and the 10x10m sprinting (must be VERY fast) will be my main challenge...:-(
I work out but running is not one of my qualities...
Old Jan 26th 2020, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

tkadunc is an unknown quantity at this point

This is not a guess but a piece of confirmed information - interviews will take place the day after the physical tests. Good luck.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

tkadunc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello friends!

A: Yes. When border guards won't be deployed, they will be stationed in Warsaw.

B: That is still unknown

C. No, Frontex will provide you with accommodation when deployed.

D. There was a similar question on their Facebook page and their reply was that it all depends on operational needs. Basically they won't promise you that you two will be deployed togetehr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.