Frontex Border Guard

Old Jan 17th 2020, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

gpiper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frontex Border Guard

Hey all,

So I thought I create this thread so everyone who has applied and going for the Border Guard position can come and speak to other people going through the process. Here we can hopefully answer each other's questions, encourage each other as we are training to get fit and share updates as we go through the process so everyone can stay up to date. I am 37 years old and served with the Metropolitan Police as a police officer in London for over 10 years and currently on a career break and residing in Greece.

Good luck to all,
G
Old Jan 17th 2020, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Tugapolice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frontex Border Guard

Hi. Good ideia to keep us all updated.
Im 45 years all and ive been a police officer since i was 21.
Im from portugal and hope this help all that apllied to Frontex.
Good luck
Old Jan 17th 2020, 12:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by gpiper
Hey all,

So I thought I create this thread so everyone who has applied and going for the Border Guard position can come and speak to other people going through the process. Here we can hopefully answer each other's questions, encourage each other as we are training to get fit and share updates as we go through the process so everyone can stay up to date. I am 37 years old and served with the Metropolitan Police as a police officer in London for over 10 years and currently on a career break and residing in Greece.

Good luck to all,
G
Are you a citizen of any EU/Schengen member state other than the UK?
Old Jan 17th 2020, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Are you a citizen of any EU/Schengen member state other than the UK?
Yeah originally from Greece so hold dual British/Greek nationality. Have you applied for this position?
Old Jan 17th 2020, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Neven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Has anyone recevied shortlist by e-mail?
Old Jan 17th 2020, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Neven
Hi all,
Has anyone recevied shortlist by e-mail?
Hi, i understood the entire process will start in the end of this month, or am i wrong?
Old Jan 17th 2020, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Neven is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tugapolice
Hi, i understood the entire process will start in the end of this month, or am i wrong?
Yes,then will start online English test!

Last edited by Neven; Jan 17th 2020 at 3:15 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2020, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Neven
Yes,then will start online English test!
Ok. Then i regret to say that i havent been contacted yet. But if i do ill post here.
Again good luck every1
Old Jan 17th 2020, 4:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah originally from Greece so hold dual British/Greek nationality. Have you applied for this position?
I only hold British citizenship so little point in me applying.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if, besides the salary that will be multiplied by 0,68 because of the lower cost of living in Poland, there is also a "per diem"? Or is this dependant on where you will be sent?
Old Jan 19th 2020, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chantal F
Does anyone know if, besides the salary that will be multiplied by 0,68 because of the lower cost of living in Poland, there is also a "per diem"? Or is this dependant on where you will be sent?
Hi. I dont think there is a per diem. But are you telling that the value thats on the grid as net still has to be multiplied by 0.68? I thought it was payable salary as they say “(after all deductions...)
Old Jan 19th 2020, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tugapolice
Hi. I dont think there is a per diem. But are you telling that the value thats on the grid as net still has to be multiplied by 0.68? I thought it was payable salary as they say “(after all deductions...)
The selection notice says the following:
The remuneration is expressed in EUR, after the compulsory deductions set out in the Staff Regulations or in any implementing regulations is weighted by the correction coefficient for the place of employment which is Poland (currently 68.6).

Meaning, I suppose, the remuneration is 68% of the amount quoted in the salary grid...
Or would that only be applicable to other allowances like household payments etc..? This is not really clear, since the sentence DOES say: "after the compulsary deductions the remuneration is weighted by the correction coefficient". And the deductions only apply to the salary, in my opinion. For other allowances there are no deductions.

But maybe you are right, the salary in the grid might already have been weighted by the correction coefficient. I hope so.

Last edited by Chantal F; Jan 19th 2020 at 9:21 am.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Dozex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello gents!
I see you guys already make inquiries about wages, but my question is did you guys receive the email to join the next phase?
Old Jan 19th 2020, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dozex
Hello gents!
I see you guys already make inquiries about wages, but my question is did you guys receive the email to join the next phase?
Hey there,

Don't think they have started sending them out yet.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Dozex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there,

Don't think they have started sending them out yet.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.