Frontex Border Guard

Old Mar 1st 2020, 2:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Wuga87
Hi christmasoompa, thanks for your answer.

I indeed was helping a user who has asked about residence and fiscal obligations in Spain, and doing an introduction thread, but I get your point.
Thank you. As mods we can see when people make three posts in quick succession and then go straight to PM'ing, and it's quite frustrating - that's really not the point of a discussion forum. We are a community of British (and other nationality) Expats around the world, and a bit like a little family at times! Anybody is welcome to join that family, but not when they only join to take and not give anything back.

We've had a lot of people on the Frontex thread do this, and I'm just trying to point out forum 'netiquette'. Any questions/answers/information is better kept to the main forums so that all can benefit. If people solely want to chat privately, a discussion forum probably isn't the best place for it and maybe Facebook or somewhere like that would be a better idea.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 1st 2020 at 2:34 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Wuga87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Thank you. As mods we can see when people make three posts in quick succession and then go straight to PM'ing, and it's quite frustrating - that's really not the point of a discussion forum. We are a community of British (and other nationality) Expats around the world, and a bit like a little family at times! Anybody is welcome to join that family, but not when they only join to take and not give anything back.

You're not alone, we've had a lot of people on the Frontex thread do the same thing, I'm just trying to point out forum 'netiquette'. If people solely want to chat privately, a discussion forum probably isn't the best place for it and maybe Facebook or somewhere like that would be a better idea.

Sorry, but respectfully disagree. My activity on the forum was:

First post: my first message here.
Second: my introduction thread (deleted twice, first time in my forum activity that an introduction thread has been deleted).
Third: answering an user about fiscal doubts in my country (as you refer in your previous post).
Forth: Sending PMs, yes.

None of these actions go against any rules I have read.

Understading your point as a mod, I think that this situation could be reverted if instead of 3 posts restrictions, you set it on 10.

Not my intention to get this thread dirty with these posts, so we could talk by email if you want.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 2:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

First post: my first message here.
Second: my introduction thread (deleted twice, first time in my forum activity that an introduction thread has been deleted).
Third: answering an user about fiscal doubts in my country (as you refer in your previous post).
Forth: Sending PMs, yes.
Exactly. So three posts purely to meet the requirement rather than from any genuine desire to join in. Maybe we should change it to 10 posts first, but tbh we shouldn't have to, it's a discussion forum so the idea is people become part of the community rather than just PM'ing behind the scenes.

It may not be against site rules, but it's certainly not good forum netiquette to do so.

Hope that explains it for all, normal service will now be resumed, and this thread back on subject………….

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 1st 2020 at 2:42 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Exactly. So three posts and then straight to PM'ing. Maybe we should change it to 10 posts first, but tbh we shouldn't have to, it's a discussion forum so the idea is people join in and become part of the community rather than just PM'ing behind the scenes.

It may not be against site rules, but it's certainly not good forum netiquette to do so.
Got it, thank you for your feedback as a mod.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 3:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Got it, thank you for your feedback as a mod.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Mar 1st 2020, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Fernandes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
Anyone here for physical tests on 4th march?
For those who went through the interview stage, is there any relevant tip to keep in mind? Do they question us about Frontex related issues? Is it about information we submited in our application forms?
Someone has already done similar assumptions a few posts before, but nothing to take as certain.
Thank you
Old Mar 1st 2020, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Claudio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway
Thanks
Fudokanconway
Old Mar 1st 2020, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

brunocoropos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody. I just got my email from Frontex on Friday asking me to submit all my certificates and qualifications that i mentioned during the application process and interviews. Good luck to all.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brunocoropos
Hello everybody. I just got my email from Frontex on Friday asking me to submit all my certificates and qualifications that i mentioned during the application process and interviews. Good luck to all.
Congrats! What level?
Old Mar 1st 2020, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. I applied for basic and intermediate.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

giannitwo is an unknown quantity at this point

Secondment vs Contracted
I am referring to temporary Job AD7.
You have a probationary period of 7 months. Also you can fail to complete the training programme. Then you have a contract of 5 years that can be renewed only once.
Basically not everyone can be interested to quit his/her job.
Just in case of getting hired, any info about the chance to ask for the temporary discharge from current job?
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Fernandes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by giannitwo
Secondment vs Contracted
You have a probationary period of 7 months. Also you can fail to complete the training programme. Then you have a contract of 5 years that can be renewed only once.
Just in case of getting hired, any info about the chance to ask for the temporary discharge from current job?
It is a fact. It really depends on the statutory regulation of your employer entity. On my case, it foresees unpaid leave status for duty mission in international organization.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fernandes
It is a fact. It really depends on the statutory regulation of your employer entity. On my case, it foresees unpaid leave status for duty mission in international organization.
Fernandes are you portuguese?
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 10:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by giannitwo
Secondment vs Contracted
Even looking at AST4,
It states Temporary staff.

A contract of employment will be offered for a period of five years, with a probationary period of nine months. The contract may be renewed once.

So after you contract is reviewed once, does that mean you can only work there for 10 years max? I wonder with the training and development they invest in each person over time will allow you to transfer into another postion or go for promotion..once your foot is in the door.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.