Frontex Border Guard

Old Feb 27th 2020, 10:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by pinkgirl
Hello,
Does anybody know if the instructors are more lenient to women at the physical tests?Do women do "women"pushups?Do women and men physical tests conducted together?
Thanks
It's all conducted the same between men and women. What is different is the results listed on the table.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Christian D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brubru
Don't worry, Frontex's answer:

"Please note that candidates who succeeded in all three parts of the English test will receive an invitation for the physical aptitude tests and the subsequent interview (which takes place a day after the physical aptitude tests) in a matter of one to three weeks."

Hope it helps
I've got 17 days since the English results. I should wait until the 21st day!!
Old Feb 27th 2020, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

fogue10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Christian D
I've got 17 days since the English results. I should wait until the 21st day!!
Christian where are you from?
Old Feb 27th 2020, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fogue10
Christian where are you from?
Basically I am from Romania, where also I gained my law enforcement experience, but living in U.K. for a couple of years.
why?
Old Feb 27th 2020, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

fogue10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Christian D
Basically I am from Romania, where also I gained my law enforcement experience, but living in U.K. for a couple of years.
why?
​​​​​​I am also from Romania ​​​​​​.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

brunocoropos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. It is the first time that I am writing here on the forum. I went to the physical exams on the 20th and did the interview on the 21st. Is there anyone out there who has gone to the medical exams?
Old Feb 27th 2020, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually I believe sharing our status it's good.
I am standing by to receive results after physical & interview. Assuming the risk of being called a hypocrite ​​​​​​, I'm not answering questions which have been already answered before or don't make any sense to me.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brunocoropos
Hello everyone. It is the first time that I am writing here on the forum. I went to the physical exams on the 20th and did the interview on the 21st. Is there anyone out there who has gone to the medical exams?
How many days past from English results until received email for physical test?
Old Feb 27th 2020, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

brunocoropos is an unknown quantity at this point

1 week more or less
Old Feb 27th 2020, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Berri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, New "old man" on the block, I would like to thank all of you for the info given. When I started reading I was quiet confusing and desesparate, but step by step, things are pretty much clear to me. I wasn´t very sure about starting that kind of "adventure" in this kind of Euro "Foreign Legion" of border guards, but I really believe it is worth it and reading your posts I am convinced. I am quiet worried about the physical test. I am over 50, so it is a real challenge to me, I need your help for the "beep shuttle run" a real nightmare (and I thought I was fit) As I read for my age group it is a 6,1. As far as I understand (and thanks to a programme downloaded) it means, 860 meters run at 11 km/h and 43 laps of 20 meters. Am I right? For an old bastard like me is quiet a lot, not the distance, but the average speed.Any tips for raising my destroyed morale? What about the trip to Warsaw? Is there any facilities to sleep overnight? Do yo have to book your own hotel? Thank you in advance and the best of the luck for you all.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Berri
Hello everyone, New "old man" on the block, I would like to thank all of you for the info given. When I started reading I was quiet confusing and desesparate, but step by step, things are pretty much clear to me. I wasn´t very sure about starting that kind of "adventure" in this kind of Euro "Foreign Legion" of border guards, but I really believe it is worth it and reading your posts I am convinced. I am quiet worried about the physical test. I am over 50, so it is a real challenge to me, I need your help for the "beep shuttle run" a real nightmare (and I thought I was fit) As I read for my age group it is a 6,1. As far as I understand (and thanks to a programme downloaded) it means, 860 meters run at 11 km/h and 43 laps of 20 meters. Am I right? For an old bastard like me is quiet a lot, not the distance, but the average speed.Any tips for raising my destroyed morale? What about the trip to Warsaw? Is there any facilities to sleep overnight? Do yo have to book your own hotel? Thank you in advance and the best of the luck for you all.
Hello Berri.
If you do speed, push-ups and situps, you can do the beep test for sure. You just need a bit of intensive training with the app or YouTube file indicated throughout the chats on this matter.
Simulate it once and see where you're at.
Then do the rounds from where you stopped up just to sattle the pace, breath and beeps frequency in your memory.
This is one of the most important aspects. Beep test its both about your mental and physical fitness. Warm up well. During the actual test find your pace and think the test begins at round 4. For most of us it started there. When 4th kicks in you know you cant stop until you hear round 6 and you run 1 m more.
Just don't stop!
Accommodation it's on your expense. You can then apply for reimbursement with FX. Book an apartment. Its cheaper and gives you more space to practice push-ups and situps....:-)
Best of luck!
Stop thinking of yourself being an oldie.
I'm 65 and can run 10.1 ​​​​
Just kidding.
Your maturity, calm and wisdom it's needed!
Good luck with your Eng test first!

​​​​

Last edited by Stanx; Feb 27th 2020 at 7:42 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot mate! I appreciate your post.

Last edited by Berri; Feb 27th 2020 at 7:56 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

giannitwo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Berri. If you are over 47yo I don’t see what level of difficulty you are supposed to face up. Apparently the table of phisical tests doesn’t foresee any test for candidates over 47.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

AntoU is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Berry, here it is another “old man” trying to join this fantastic group of enthusiastic lads. I am still an active Police man, a former Navy Officer and very close to the so long waited retirement age.

You may rightly think what the hell pushed me to submit the application form for an advanced position.

I don’t know exactly what’s happened to me when I discovered for the first time, some months ago, that Frontex was recruiting for an European Border and Cost Guard standing Corps. May be the whole idea of this new “European Foreign Legion”, the adventures associated with different challenge or, maybe, just the feeling to live again, although in different form, the thrill, the enthusiasm and the curiosity that, as young man in his 19, I experienced many years ago when I started my Naval Academy course. The fact is that I am already enjoying to be part of this adventure and I’m really looking forward for the opportunity to join, if selected, the ECBG standing corps in the near future.

As far as the physical tests are concerned, I too feel worried about the requirements written in the vacancy notice. I am working hard to try to be fit enough to reach those established for the 46-47 age group. Still not yet ready for the push-ups though, while it is a little bit better for the others. From what I have understood, there are not requirements level specified for over 46-47 age group. Would this mean that there won’t be any physical tests for candidates over 47? Would rather mean that over this age group the candidates will just be tested but only for record purpose without any exclusion criteria associated?
I don’t know. May be someone in the forum who has already done the physical tests can give an answer to these questions. I would really appreciate it as I already appreciate the big encouragement, moral support and help received by the many people who have been so kind to share their experience in this forum.
Thank you very much to all of you and a very good luck.
Old Feb 28th 2020, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Hello, Antou you are reading my mind. My feelings are quiet similars to yours. Anyway, for you and Gianni, I emailed a question about physical test and age to FX and they answer me very kindly telling me ( As I supposed) that the level we have to face is the same that for 47 years old, doesn' t matter if you are 49,59,69 or older. That's the way it is, so trainning and more trainning and tons of good luck. There is only an age limit for basic. Intermediate and advanced ( my case) have no age limit. Antou, you' ll be fine with your push ups. It is a stuff that you improve every day. My real pain in the neck is that bloody beep test, I run around 7 kms, at least 4 times in a week, but my average speed is 9 km/h. Even in "just" 860 mts, speed average of 11 km/ h and 43 laps with increasing rhythm, it is very far ( still) for me, but I wont throw the towel. All the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.