Frontex Border Guard

Old Jul 31st 2021, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Randello is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Hi Argonauta! Thank you for sharing this information. Quite frankly, I am surprised that some candidates haven't taken the PA yet, because it felt that there weren't that many candidates taken it in March. And already some of these March candidates received the contract and are in the course at the moment.

What comes to the schedules of the assessments and batches, no clue at all. The easiest way would be to ask directly from HR with an email, but earlier their answers have been the same: "Competition is still ongoing...... we will contact all of the candidates after the competition is ended and results are received....." so waiting and hearing some gossips from other candidates seems to be the only way to even know something.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Argonauta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Randello. Thank you for answering and for your comments..

Frankly speaking, I was myself positively surprized too, when Frontex informed me about the existence of another chance to take PA tests after March and of other people waiting to be included in this next session of PA tests.

I am writing them, periodically, in order to receive updates about the date of the next PA test, but – and this is the point - they are not able to give either general prevision about the period in which the very last PA tests will be held, at the moment.

I am very curious to see if Frontex will form a uniqe group with the candidates who will pass the next PA tests and the small group of around 60 people who will be sent to Avila in August/September according to the last information from Spagniol.

I wonder why not rush to carry out the remaining PA tests right away, in order to profit of the availability of the Avila facility for the ongoing course, to avoid the danger of possible and imminent new encrease of Covid restrictions and to put everyone in Avila within August/September. If time keep passing, in any case we might not be included in the training in Avila, wich would be far too advanced to include us.

On the other hand I cannot believe that they are open to consider the possibility of lounching a new tender procedure to select a new facility for a new bach after the once in Avila only for a very small group of people waiting to take PA tests after March: it is not feasible, from a cost-benefit point of view.

Therefore I am asking to myself what is the plan..
Old Aug 7th 2021, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Spagniol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Argonauta
Hi, Randello. Thank you for answering and for your comments..

Frankly speaking, I was myself positively surprized too, when Frontex informed me about the existence of another chance to take PA tests after March and of other people waiting to be included in this next session of PA tests.

I am writing them, periodically, in order to receive updates about the date of the next PA test, but – and this is the point - they are not able to give either general prevision about the period in which the very last PA tests will be held, at the moment.

I am very curious to see if Frontex will form a uniqe group with the candidates who will pass the next PA tests and the small group of around 60 people who will be sent to Avila in August/September according to the last information from Spagniol.

I wonder why not rush to carry out the remaining PA tests right away, in order to profit of the availability of the Avila facility for the ongoing course, to avoid the danger of possible and imminent new encrease of Covid restrictions and to put everyone in Avila within August/September. If time keep passing, in any case we might not be included in the training in Avila, wich would be far too advanced to include us.

On the other hand I cannot believe that they are open to consider the possibility of lounching a new tender procedure to select a new facility for a new bach after the once in Avila only for a very small group of people waiting to take PA tests after March: it is not feasible, from a cost-benefit point of view.

Therefore I am asking to myself what is the plan..
The start date of the new course is already confirmed. The new and small group will start on August 16th in Ávila. There will be between 25 to 35 candidates.

I'm also impressed that there are still people with physical tests to do. It's better that you definitely clarify this situation with human resources.
Old Aug 8th 2021, 9:30 am
Just Joined

SENSE is an unknown quantity at this point

If I may ask, in which category/ies are you going to do the PA (FG, AST, AD) ?
Old Aug 8th 2021, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spagniol
The start date of the new course is already confirmed. The new and small group will start on August 16th in Ávila. There will be between 25 to 35 candidates.

I'm also impressed that there are still people with physical tests to do. It's better that you definitely clarify this situation with human resources.
Thanks for the information, Randello . As I wrote before, I am already in contact with Fontex via email, which has been unequivocal in answering me, more than once, that there would be the organization of a new schedule of PA test and that I would be included in it. So, let's see what will come out with the next answers.
Old Aug 8th 2021, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SENSE
If I may ask, in which category/ies are you going to do the PA (FG, AST, AD) ?
AST4. Are you in my same situation?
Old Aug 8th 2021, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Argonauta
AST4. Are you in my same situation?
No, I did my PA in 7/2020. Good luck.

Old Aug 9th 2021, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

First of all, thank you for sharing information and keeping the Frontex conversation on. Also, I have some questions for you guys:

SENSE, I saw from a previous message that you applied for the AD7 category. After sending your documents to them, have you received anything from them? For example, do you know if you are on this reserve list or not?

Argonauta, Probably you meant to thank Spagniol for the information. He seems to have the best intel in this forum. I am also an AST4 candidate but haven't heard anything after passing all the stages and sending my documents in December (even with no information about the reserve list). So hearing about your situation does give me relief because there are still some candidates left and the possibility for an upcoming batch. I wish all the best and good luck to you in your PA test, also I hope for both of us that Frontex could arrange it as soon as possible and not waste anymore of our time.

Spagniol, About the newest batch, have you heard anything more about it? It seems to be completely unbelievable because I can't imagine that Frontex could do something like this. Changing AD contract to FG contract is a way too big a difference. I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone, but some of these candidates who have been publishing on Facebook about their contracts changing and that they are accepted to this 25-35 candidates batch seem to be more FG level candidates rather than AD level. For me, it seems more possible that some of these candidates tried their luck and applied for AD level even they didn't meet the criteria. Earlier, I heard that some Italian candidates did something similar, writing that they possess some managerial experience, even they had none.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Spagniol is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Randello

Spagniol, About the newest batch, have you heard anything more about it? It seems to be completely unbelievable because I can't imagine that Frontex could do something like this. Changing AD contract to FG contract is a way too big a difference. I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone, but some of these candidates who have been publishing on Facebook about their contracts changing and that they are accepted to this 25-35 candidates batch seem to be more FG level candidates rather than AD level. For me, it seems more possible that some of these candidates tried their luck and applied for AD level even they didn't meet the criteria. Earlier, I heard that some Italian candidates did something similar, writing that they possess some managerial experience, even they had none.
Nobody was forced to accept the proposal. Yes it's a big difference but it's better than nothing and you always have the possibility in the future, if specific places open, to progress in the level. Basic training is the same for everyone ... it doesn't matter the level, so they take the opportunity to do the training.
As for qualifications, I can't make opinions... I don't have that kind of information. What I can assure you is that they have candidates, some of whom are already trained Frontex agents (on job), with very good qualifications and a lot of experience. If there are any out of line it's normal ... it happens everywhere. No recruiting section is perfect.

There's no way ahead for the next year to hire AD's. They will stick to the AST's and FG's....on the ground they all do the same job and honestly it's cheaper. Unfortunately for anyone who ran or intends to run for AD in the Standing Corps.

Old Aug 10th 2021, 8:56 am
Just Joined

First of all, thank you for sharing information and keeping the Frontex conversation on. Also, I have some questions for you guys:

SENSE, I saw from a previous message that you applied for the AD7 category. After sending your documents to them, have you received anything from them? For example, do you know if you are on this reserve list or not?

Argonauta, Probably you meant to thank Spagniol for the information. He seems to have the best intel in this forum. I am also an AST4 candidate but haven't heard anything after passing all the stages and sending my documents in December (even with no information about the reserve list). So hearing about your situation does give me relief because there are still some candidates left and the possibility for an upcoming batch. I wish all the best and good luck to you in your PA test, also I hope for both of us that Frontex could arrange it as soon as possible and not waste anymore of our time.

I' am in AD reserve list, since than no news.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SENSE
No, I did my PA in 7/2020. Good luck.
Thank you. I wish you the same.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi Randello. I agree. Sharing information that we are in the position to share among us, could be clearly helpful, specially in this particular moment in which there are people waiting for answers: all kind of answers we are waiting for. Therefore I also think, like you do, that it is absolutely not bad to know that someting keeep mooving. Good luck also to you!
Old Aug 19th 2021, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Pigno is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I ve seen a new call for ad7 and intermediate level with at least 3 years of experience in law enforcement..
Any new for the people with less than 3 year of experience???
Old Aug 20th 2021, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Bill1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pigno
Hi,

I ve seen a new call for ad7 and intermediate level with at least 3 years of experience in law enforcement..
Any new for the people with less than 3 year of experience???

I don't think that there is an AD7 call.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Now there is only an AST4 call ongoing. I haven't seen anything regarding the AD7 call, but if there would be, probably it is after this AST4 call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.