Frontex Border Guard

Old May 19th 2021, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Spagniol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

According to the people who have been to Warsaw, the location of the course is still under evaluation. Contrary to what many have said, Lyon (France) is not an option. They received offers from Poland, Bari (Italy) and Ávila (Spain). It will be one, or two, of these 3 locations.

In the first week of June, before the course starts, many will have to go to Warsaw again to at least receive the first dose of the COVID vaccine (those who didn't receive and volunteered to receive).
Old May 22nd 2021, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Randello is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything new? There was a post about Frontex sending a mobile phone and laptop out of the blue for some candidate who received an AST4 contract, but somehow I can't believe it. I would never imagine that we still have no information regarding everything. Guess we need to continue waiting.
Old May 22nd 2021, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

fogue10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Randello
Anything new? There was a post about Frontex sending a mobile phone and laptop out of the blue for some candidate who received an AST4 contract, but somehow I can't believe it. I would never imagine that we still have no information regarding everything. Guess we need to continue waiting.
For those that received the contract at the beginning of May, Fx sent the ICT equipment, but not out of the blue... they received an email with instructions...
Old May 23rd 2021, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

They were told they would receive the equipment. They received an email where they had to indicate the address where they wanted to receive the equipment.
Old May 26th 2021, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Next Tuesday, all candidates must already be in Warsaw. They will stay there for two weeks until they catch a plane (rented by Frontex) to go to the Training Center.
They will receive institutional training, be vaccinated against COVID, receive computer equipment (who has not yet received it), test and choose uniform sizes, among other formalities.

I have heard some complaints about the lack of response regarding the results of medical tests and the fact that no one has signed a contract. Basically, they are all traveling to Warsaw without having an absolute guarantee that they will "be hired".
Old May 26th 2021, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Marek019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spagniol
Next Tuesday, all candidates must already be in Warsaw. They will stay there for two weeks until they catch a plane (rented by Frontex) to go to the Training Center.
They will receive institutional training, be vaccinated against COVID, receive computer equipment (who has not yet received it), test and choose uniform sizes, among other formalities.

I have heard some complaints about the lack of response regarding the results of medical tests and the fact that no one has signed a contract. Basically, they are all traveling to Warsaw without having an absolute guarantee that they will "be hired".
Have you heard about anyone who was rejected after medical check up?
Old May 27th 2021, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Marek019
Have you heard about anyone who was rejected after medical check up?
I don't know. I don't think Frontex knows the results either. I don't know anyone who has received feedback from the tests ...positive or negative.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Confirmed: the training center will be in Avila (Spain).
Old Jun 9th 2021, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

==========================
News about Frontex:
==========================

"Activists launch campaign to end Frontex"
https://euobserver.com/tickers/152085

"Peace activists demonstrate in Brussels against border agency Frontex"
https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/belgium-all-news/173154/peace-activists-demonstrate-in-brussels-against-border-agency-frontex/

"ECA: Frontex Not Sufficiently Helping EU Countries Manage Their Borders"
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eca-frontex-not-sufficiently-helping-eu-countries-manage-their-borders/

"EU border agency Frontex failing to fulfil its duties, say auditors"
https://www.euronews.com/2021/06/07/eu-border-agency-frontex-failing-to-fulfil-its-duties-say-auditors
Old Jun 19th 2021, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

It has been quiet lately. Has anyone heard anything from the present batch #4? Or about upcoming batches? Wild and crazy gossips are welcome too.
Old Jun 26th 2021, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

It has been quiet lately. Has anyone heard anything from the present batch #4? Or about upcoming batches? Wild and crazy gossips are welcome too.
They will call AD7 candidates who have seen contracts withdrawn at the last minute and some from the reserve list (all AD7 - advanced level). They will join those in Spain (fourth group) during the month of August or September.

There are still some candidates in Spain - Avila without a signed contract and most havent received any salary for the month of June.

That's all I know. People in Avila don't talk much
Old Jul 19th 2021, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Update:

Candidates are receiving job offers but for the lower category. Although they have applied for the advanced level (AD7), they are receiving proposals for the basic level (FGIV). I'm talking about those who will also go to Ávila in early September or late August.
Old Jul 21st 2021, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Are these lower job offers for AD7 candidates going to change after the training is completed successfully? Because I can't see anyone who applied for AD7 to accept the FGIV contract.
Old Jul 22nd 2021, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Are these lower job offers for AD7 candidates going to change after the training is completed successfully? Because I can't see anyone who applied for AD7 to accept the FGIV contract.
I don't know.
Some will accept. It's going to be a small group. Less than 60 people.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Argonauta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone.
In the last session of March 2021 I did not take my scheduled PA tests, for reasons related to Covid.
Frontex informed me by mail that I am admitted to participate to another PA test session which will be scheduled for a final group of people who, like me, have yet to carry out them.
How many of us have yet to take the PA tests? Is there any information about the period in which they are scheduled? Does anyone know approximately where and when will the training be carried out for those who will pass the next PA tests and subsequent medical checks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.