NCR llockdown

Old Dec 1st 2021, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCR llockdown

Good friend tells me that all passengers who ride on the Jeepneys in the Brgy must have a vaccine card ..... draconian in my view.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

A round number of 500 new cases announced, but 148 were held over. Three labs late to report but if they had been on time just a handful of cases missed. Positivity 2.1% from 30.8k tests. A slightly higher 34.3k coming along.

Recoveries 1.0k

Deaths 167, 147 RDs

Active 15,327

Severe 2,489, down 39. Critical 1,067, down 7

NCR ICU 28%, up 3%. National 27%, up 1%

Regional data:

NCR 110
Cag 60
MIM 56
4A 39
IL 38
WV 38

Small changes. .about half of the regions with more cases, half with less.

The NCR had 46 more and 22% of national cases.
MIM reported 50 more.
The top 3 regions 45.2% of total cases, up.

The top 6 regions 68.2% , up.

Dr John's latest review of Omicron. Sinovac is about 40% of covid vaccines given here so what he says on its possible effectiveness against the new variant is encouraging.

Old Dec 1st 2021, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Good friend tells me that all passengers who ride on the Jeepneys in the Brgy must have a vaccine card ..... draconian in my view.
I would be quite happy in knowing that the person sitting beside me is not trying to kill me. The anti- vaccers will become more and more isolated if Dutuerte gets his way. He said they should stay at home and not go out. They are gradually becoming more and more excluded. Many businesses now require vaccine certificates to enter.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I would be quite happy in knowing that the person sitting beside me is not trying to kill me. The anti- vaccers will become more and more isolated if Dutuerte gets his way. He said they should stay at home and not go out. They are gradually becoming more and more excluded. Many businesses now require vaccine certificates to enter.
That person sat next to you... vaccinated or not can still carry the virus.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

"That person sat next to you... vaccinated or not can still carry the virus."
Indeed, however in my view anti vaxxers are selfish as they cause the greatest burden on underfunded healthcare facilities such as ICU.
How many times in the US have we seen patients in ICU's begging to be vaccinated when it was too late and sadly fatal.
Being infected after vaccination usually leads to very minor symptoms. Those who go around deliberately unvaccinated are risking a fatal consequence.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
"That person sat next to you... vaccinated or not can still carry the virus."
Indeed, however in my view anti vaxxers are selfish as they cause the greatest burden on underfunded healthcare facilities such as ICU.
How many times in the US have we seen patients in ICU's begging to be vaccinated when it was too late and sadly fatal.
Being infected after vaccination usually leads to very minor symptoms. Those who go around deliberately unvaccinated are risking a fatal consequence.
Agree totally....

I see in the UK that the government has brought enough vaccine for TWO boosters.... doesn't say much for the current vaccine.

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Dec 2nd 2021 at 8:15 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Agree totally....

I see in the UK that the government has brought enough vaccine for TWO boosters.... doesn't say much for the current vaccine.
The problem with the .modern vaccines is they are too specific so given enough time of course the virus will eventually find away around it. Perhaps we should all be getting sinovac as our booster.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

The problem with the .modern vaccines is they are too specific so given enough time of course the virus will eventually find away around it. Perhaps we should all be getting sinovac as our booster.
I believe Sinovac has only a efficacy rate of about 67%
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

I believe Sinovac has only a efficacy rate of about 67%
Which I believe is significantly better than Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zenica, against the Omicron variant so far. The modern vaccines attack the spike protein whereas Sinovac etc are dead whole virus so gives a broader coverage.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

"I believe Sinovac has only a efficacy rate of about 67%"
No secret there, that is why I chose to defer my first calling and wait for a more effective alternative. But wait, with the planned booster shots, which will not be Sinovac, the efficacy increases. In the final analysis no matter what vaccine people receive the effects of infection are comparatively mild.
I'm sure you remember having your Polio jabs. What a huge difference that made to public health security in the UK in the late1950's. It had an efficacy rate of 60 to70%. Something to ponder on.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

During this pandemic four people I knew died from C-19. Three Filipinos (including a husband and wife) and an American. All were unvaccinated, all were overweight bordering on obese.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
During this pandemic four people I knew died from C-19. Three Filipinos (including a husband and wife) and an American. All were unvaccinated, all were overweight bordering on obese.
I am not vaccinated...yet. But with government restrictions coming in I may be forced to take the jab
I don't know of any one who has died from this .... thankfully. But my sister was taken into intensive care a few days after taking the vaccination. She had a blot clot. Fortunately she is ok now.

My concerns are the long term effects of the vaccine. Also the use of booster shots which doesn't give me great confidence with the vaccine.

In the Philippines.... about 3% of the population contacted the virus. Of that 3% a miniscule suffered very adverse effects including death.

I am protecting my self with the accepted precautions plus taking Zinc and vitamin d supplements daily.

I hear that in Japan ivecticim (sp) has had a dramatic effect on reducing their last spike ... but I haven't checked the veracity of that story....
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Which I believe is significantly better than Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zenica, against the Omicron variant so far. The modern vaccines attack the spike protein whereas Sinovac etc are dead whole virus so gives a broader coverage.
I think it is too early to say that in response to your first sentence.... but I am happy to be proven wrong about that. The oracle (Raffin) may come along to shed more light on that...
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting...

I do believe if one is not mixing with the herd one can avoid the virus, although accidental exposure is always possible. Stay away from poorly ventilated places! Where we live a very good barbero opened up, but at the back of another shop. A shame, but I won't go to him again for a while and will use a more ventilated shop instead.

My wife and I got our 2 shots each of Sinovac recently mostly because I can see certificates eventually being required to enter many establishments. Already necessary for transport. I know a long distance bus service from Bicol to Manila requires one. Someone managed to travel here ok, but was not allowed on the returning bus as he was only carrying a photocopy of the certificate. although that was acceptable coming to Manila.

Long term effects? You mean adverse side effects. Don't think the amounts the body receives from 2 shots and maybe a booster can do much harm. Maybe the risk is greater if we keep needing boosters though. But still I would think very small.
I think short term effects can make people nervous about long term effects. In that context there are reports that the much maligned Sinovac has very minor short term effects. That was true for us.

But even a mild covid infection can give long covid!

If you're nervous about vaccination watch the Red River Station Rawhide episode on You tube, giving an idea about US vaccine hesitancy back in the 1860s! Clint and Co deal with it!

About whether Sinovac is better against Omicron we might get some SA data eventually as it is used there to some extent. But it's already been reported to have a lower overall effectiveness around the world. How would that balance against a wider protection spread? Interesting also that in SA they have used a lot of single dose J&J, which has also been reported to be only moderately effective overall.

On Ivermectin in Japan this oracle can only call on the God Dr John for advice. But although I go along with most of what he says (and of course all which is strictly medical!)I think he got a bit over excited on Ivermectin. He also looked at other explanations, which to me seemed more credible. But he titled the video "Ivermectin in Japan". Which I think was a mistake. You can watch him being fact checked on that and the pharmacology by a professor of pharmacology, GTK Bioinformatics. Unfortunately though a too long video. It's only had 50k views so he may not get a response from the busy Dr J.

There seems to be something in Ivermectin and Covid but an Oxford trial is in process and that will be more definitive.

Old Dec 2nd 2021, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yesterday 564 new cases announced with 30 held over. A handful of cases from 3 late labs were missed. Positivity down to 1.7% from 34.9k tests. Lowest positivity since April 5. Coming along 32.7k tests.

Recoveries 0.7k

Deaths 40, 32 RDs

Active 15,188.
Lowest since June 7

Severe 2,463, down 26. Critical 1,067, unhanged.

NCR ICU 27%, down 1%. National 27%, unchanged

Regional data

NCR 104
CV 69
WV 57
4A 52
CL 39
Zam 38

Thirteen regions up, but mostly small increases.

The NCR had a handful of cases less and 18.4% of all cases.
In the Visayas CV had 45 more and WV 19 more cases.
These top 3 regions had 40.8% of all cases, down.

The top 6 regions 63.7%, also down.

Vaccination drive

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/natio...x?ocid=BingHPC

Presumably the LGUs had their plans for after the drive, so the government now adding those to its total so far, something over 7M, when the revised target was 9M!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.