Me and My Family

Old May 14th 2018, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Greetings!

I was asked about my next move and thought I would expand on that a little. I wasn't fussed about getting married to my one and only previous wife, but it was what she wanted and I understood and respected that. That marriage lasted 40 yrs, and for the great part was a wonderful time. But we drifted apart.

My Lovely Lady always said she wanted to marry and again, I can understand and respect her wishes. My Legal Capacity expires in mid September. She wants us to hire one of the local resorts (mates rates) and get married on the beach. Attire would be Hawaiian. All very romantic I can here you chorus.....but I suspect a tad expensive. But I am awaiting a loan to be repaid which with interest would be about 140k. This is a credit card loan to a gf of a close ex-pat friend who died in hospital and the money was required to pay for treatment before his death certificate could be released. Documented here last year. She is expecting to come into a few million peso next month when the savings plan he provided for her is accessible. I hope I do not regret that decision of that emergency loan. My Lovely Lady and I are obviously great friends of this couple. If the money is not forthcoming for any reason, then her ideal wedding on the beach with 20,000 guests, including family, friends, hangers on and Socialites will just have to toned down just a touch with a quick ceremony at the City Hall with her mum and dad. But, more on that next month.

After marriage, I want to do something. English teaching (but poor internet) maybe. Currency trading sounds interesting. And of course I want to sit her down and see how we can expand her business. But one step at a time. We are still in the Last Chance Saloon and the elastic band is as taut as it can go.

Regards
Old May 14th 2018, 2:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings!

I was asked about my next move and thought I would expand on that a little. I wasn't fussed about getting married to my one and only previous wife, but it was what she wanted and I understood and respected that. That marriage lasted 40 yrs, and for the great part was a wonderful time. But we drifted apart.

My Lovely Lady always said she wanted to marry and again, I can understand and respect her wishes. My Legal Capacity expires in mid September. She wants us to hire one of the local resorts (mates rates) and get married on the beach. Attire would be Hawaiian. All very romantic I can here you chorus.....but I suspect a tad expensive. But I am awaiting a loan to be repaid which with interest would be about 140k. This is a credit card loan to a gf of a close ex-pat friend who died in hospital and the money was required to pay for treatment before his death certificate could be released. Documented here last year. She is expecting to come into a few million peso next month when the savings plan he provided for her is accessible. I hope I do not regret that decision of that emergency loan. My Lovely Lady and I are obviously great friends of this couple. If the money is not forthcoming for any reason, then her ideal wedding on the beach with 20,000 guests, including family, friends, hangers on and Socialites will just have to toned down just a touch with a quick ceremony at the City Hall with her mum and dad. But, more on that next month.

After marriage, I want to do something. English teaching (but poor internet) maybe. Currency trading sounds interesting. And of course I want to sit her down and see how we can expand her business. But one step at a time. We are still in the Last Chance Saloon and the elastic band is as taut as it can go.

Regards
what do you mean by ‘legal capacity” please?

Old May 14th 2018, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Hi 11, currency trading is for people with loads of money they can afford to lose. You do not have enough even to dabble, it operates 24/7 and you do not want to be woken in the middle of the night having to throw money at your position because you guessed wrong. Shit make your life comfortable around what you have, the dream of making a million out of the Philippines is just that a bloody dream.

In my case bought a truck so cousins in the country could bring produce into the city to sell at a good price, they were too tired to even get going.

Cut sides out of truck and welded in bars for a drink delivery truck, had a guy doing it paid for all the stock, worked for 6 months till he had run the stock down to nothing and that was all she said.

Financed a sister who is now in NZ for a pandesal shop, lasted a few weeks.

Paid for other sister to go to Japan to make some money. Came back with a boyfriend (now husband) and big tummy three years later and no money.

Quote from English Newspaper the Independent I think.

Forex is risky. It’s so risky that many commentators have likened home traders to professional gamblers, arguing that the idea an individual can reliably predict the movements of currencies is nonsense.There are an abundance of platforms and guides and books and investment tutorials that suggest it’s possible to make a small fortune trading currencies. However, spend any time reading forums and there are hoards of bedroom Forex traders losing money day after day.It can be very expensive to make currency transactions and individual traders usually don’t have a large enough pot to make anything other than small gains.It’s essential that would-be traders don’t invest money they can’t afford to lose.

DON"T DO IT.

Regards Mike
Old May 14th 2018, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Hi Jersey Girl, I got a legal capacity in NZ from the Court. Basically they check with the births deaths and marriages that there is no record of you having been married and if you have that you have been divorced and all matrimonial property issues have been completed. I used it when I went to the Philippines to marry my ex wife. We got married at city hall in Angeles not sure who she paid to make her own previous marriage disappear but in the early 2000s it was still possible. Regards Mike
Old May 14th 2018, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

J.Girl.

As Mike has indicated, it is a legal affidavit as required by the Philippine Govt for a foreigner to marry a Filipina to show that there is no impediment to marriage. Being divorced, I had to go the British Embassy in Manila with my divorce papers to obtain the affidavit. Took about 20 mins. Banns were posted inside the Embassy. Cost was either 30 or £50.

Mike. Thanks for the heads up about currency trading. Will be still looking into it, but your words of advice have been noted.

Regards
Old May 14th 2018, 3:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeNZ
Hi Jersey Girl, I got a legal capacity in NZ from the Court. Basically they check with the births deaths and marriages that there is no record of you having been married and if you have that you have been divorced and all matrimonial property issues have been completed. I used it when I went to the Philippines to marry my ex wife. We got married at city hall in Angeles not sure who she paid to make her own previous marriage disappear but in the early 2000s it was still possible. Regards Mike
thank you

J.Girl.

As Mike has indicated, it is a legal affidavit as required by the Philippine Govt for a foreigner to marry a Filipina to show that there is no impediment to marriage. Being divorced, I had to go the British Embassy in Manila with my divorce papers to obtain the affidavit. Took about 20 mins. Banns were posted inside the Embassy. Cost was either 30 or £50.

Mike. Thanks for the heads up about currency trading. Will be still looking into it, but your words of advice have been noted.

Regards
thank you. I thought maybe it was the end date of your residency,

in light of the ‘hidden’ kids, the lies, the pawning, the deceit, the loans, more lies, the needy family...wouldn’t it be prudent to postpone the wedding...indefinitely? You hold all the cards...the $$$$$$ cards...she may throw a tantrum and pout for a while...but you hold all the cards. She will get over it because of the money and security that brings for her and her family,

you give me the impression that you are a really nice guy...but I think she and her family see you as a cash cow. If you are happy with that then so be it as long as you are going into this with your eyes wide open. On the other hand...you must have misgivings about your relationship...otherwise you would not be posting on here.

Whatever you decide...I wish you all the very best for the future.

Old May 14th 2018, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Hi 11, your LL sounds so much like my ex, anything to do with money was always a drama. She was working at Mc Donalds because the manager was a Filipina but she thought that was beneath her. Her money was her money, I paid her $300 a week for groceries etc and paid all the bills and it was non stop her asking money for this in the Philippines and that. Bought a section and built a house for her parents (I forgot also a couple Jeepneys guaranteed to make you a fortune) in Angeles. I was growing palms and selling them out of my truck on the weekends.
Never helped me once but was always off to the filipina parties and playing the big shot among her friends.
After about a 18 months of having her and the children in NZ, we moved to PI and moved into the house in Tabun. She worked in a hotel reception and I worked as manager at Cambodia in Fields Ave. Money was crap, no managing required but you could drink as much as you liked and meet heaps of interesting people. It was the place to become an alcoholic. I loved it, at one stage was visiting the owner in jail in Manila, said he was employing underage girls. they check a woman's age by looking at her teeth!! (by the way the owner of Cambodia and a number of other bars with investors is now living in Vietnam. Finally decided to move after he and his girlfriend were ambushed with M16s going home from Fields. His best friend a cop from Ireland who had retired (lovely guy) who was also living in the same house was shot dead with his girlfriend in that house. Could visit at the same time a Canadian who had a pig farm, they said effluent from his farm was getting into a stream, locked him up. ( mayor of same town on mt arryat had pig farm.) I am not religious but for the two years I lived in PI I used to thank God when I walked out of the house at 10.00 am each morning regardless of which shifts I was working get a trike to Fields and drink San Miguel Lite till after midnight. Bloody fantastic and when you have a dud wife it makes life worthwhile.

Shit when I read this, apart from location we are exactly the same. I love the Philippines you can get three lifetimes out of one just through all the strange goings on and the time you must spend trying to understand what the hell is going on. Have a great day Regards Mike
Old May 14th 2018, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

MikeNZ Is giving P11 sound advice regarding currency trading. We have a large amount of money in the U.K. and are always scrutinising the best return we can get, without taking unnecessary risks. Interest rates in the U.K. are derisory and for that matter the Philippines banks are also the same.
The money we have in the Philippines was invested in a Philippine treasury bond as this gave the best rate of interest plus there was no 20% tax to be paid on the dividend.Intrest payments have an automatic 20% tax deduction in the Philippines.
We are about to receive a large payment from a 95 day access account in the U.K. The funds were to be moved to the Philippines to be used on a business venture, however we have now decided not to go ahead with the venture so are now considering where to place the funds.
Looking at what the banks here offer, the best we could find was a time deposit with EastWest bank offering 2.5% for 1 year, obviously this would incur a 20% tax on the interest.We could not match this in the U.K. (without taking risks or a longer maturity period).
Should we repatriate the funds to the Philippines using Forex about a month ago we would have got php74.6/£ now we would get Php71/£ that’s a 4.8%ish drop, and cannot get that return anywhere without risk.I constantly check the exchange rate and have to say it’s impossible to be sure where the rates of heading.Dispite numerous transactions it’s always been a case of what if.........we never seem to come of best, although saying that we did get php104/£ when we bought our house, but that was 10 years ago !!!
So the moral of the story,making money by exchange rates is purely gambling, if it’s gambling you want try the horses, at least you know the odds.
Old May 14th 2018, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

that was back in the day when AC was truly the wild wild west, you did well to survive it, and the wife!!

I think it is fair to say the OP is going in with his eyes wide shut.

As for forex trading. ,like most day trading you will use charts sold by people who could not make a living trading. charts are for sailors

Forex is high frequency traders delight with their own Algo and nil brokerage fee. Sort of thing run exclusively by the big house in the 'dark pool' they use PI investors to trade against. The house never loses.
Old May 14th 2018, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

J.Girl,

Thanks for your kind words.

""Posting on here"" Funnily enough, this torrid tale didn't start off with sharing my problems here. It started when I was back in the UK asking for advice about living in the Phils and then because of the interest, it persuaded me to continue the saga. If there were no interest, it would have stopped long ago, It came to a head a few months ago when my anonymity was being threatened (after getting engaged and everything was cool and dandy) that I was in two minds to ask the Mods (bless them) to delete the whole thread. We decided to edit all posts instead because my story might...just might be a lesson to others. But I will say it was a comfort to me to share these trials and tribulations. I have two expats here now who I can lean on but as long as the interest is there....I will continue posting. Or until the relationship irretrievably breaks down.

Yes, I have all the cards. But as you know if you play cards.....there is an art of playing them. Same as two countries who are at war....you don't start with nuclear weapons first. My Ace up my sleeve is the proposed marriage. She knows that. It is my nuclear deterrent.

Thanks again
Old May 14th 2018, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi mikemike, I was in my late thirties and still bullet proof half the managers disappeared when Richard was locked up and I must admit I used to keep an eye out for the troops coming to lock up the foreign managers. No one was supposed to work but in my view we didn't, just drink, the downfall of most in Angeles.

My best memory is the first time I went in the late 1990s and used to go to a bar down opposite blow road where the bar owner had a couple of eagles in an aviary and asian tiger skins on the shelf. Just unbelievable.

Regards Mike
Old May 14th 2018, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

J.Girl,

Thanks for your kind words.

""Posting on here"" Funnily enough, this torrid tale didn't start off with sharing my problems here. It started when I was back in the UK asking for advice about living in the Phils and then because of the interest, it persuaded me to continue the saga. If there were no interest, it would have stopped long ago, It came to a head a few months ago when my anonymity was being threatened (after getting engaged and everything was cool and dandy) that I was in two minds to ask the Mods (bless them) to delete the whole thread. We decided to edit all posts instead because my story might...just might be a lesson to others. But I will say it was a comfort to me to share these trials and tribulations. I have two expats here now who I can lean on but as long as the interest is there....I will continue posting. Or until the relationship irretrievably breaks down.

Yes, I have all the cards. But as you know if you play cards.....there is an art of playing them. Same as two countries who are at war....you don't start with nuclear weapons first. My Ace up my sleeve is the proposed marriage. She knows that. It is my nuclear deterrent.

Thanks again
Hi again 11
"You have all the cards........an art to playing them.......ace up your sleeve........nuclear deterrent." These don't sound like the words of a guy about to enter into a loving, caring, respecting marriage, more as you rightly said two countries (people) going to war. Hope you've got a good fallout shelter.
Old May 14th 2018, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

David M:

You seem to have forgotten that I have been in this "loving caring respecting relationship" more than 3 yrs now. You have also forgotten that 99% of the time we have the perfect relationship. You also seem to have forgotten my views on our proposed marriage. And forgotten that I have a good fallout shelter. You would not have forgotten that I was in Boy Scouts when I was a kid. Because I never told you. The motto of which is "Be Prepared". I hope this helps your understanding.

Regards
Old May 14th 2018, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Hi , if the relationship irretrievably breaks down please don't stop the thread because the next series of the soap may be even more thrilling. Regards Mike
Old May 14th 2018, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Mike:

Don't think I need any more excitement or thrills.....

Take care....and thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.