Me and My Family

Old May 12th 2018, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Because she doesn't meet the criteria under the new rules. There's no such thing as a 'widows pension' anymore. She has no NI contributions record of her own. She didn't reach UK State pension age before 6 April 2016. She doesn't live in the UK.
She won't be eligible for anything at all. Google has lots of info.

Edit: Sorry, the Philippines is a country that UK bereavement support may be paid if the surviving partner meets all other criteria. Bereavement support is paid for a maximum of 18 months.
I wonder how that works If a surviving partner is the mother of UK citizens(minors) who she is then raising on her own.
Old May 12th 2018, 12:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
MikeNZ:

Thanks for your kind words!

I should make it clear that I have discussed my financial future with her which is basically, buy this house (if we can...which I doubt), make her more secure by providing two pensions for her and on my passing, provide her with her entitlement to my Military Pension and the benefits of my State Pension as a widow. I am also paying into a St Peters Plan. With that support, she can concentrate providing for her family from her business.

Yes...my location is perfect. A few ales during the late afternoon/early evening with a cool sea breeze makes it all worth while.

Thanks again
you seem like a really nice guy. You have took all our criticisms on the chin and have not become defensive. I really hope it works out for you.

Old May 12th 2018, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Spouse of Scouse is correct regarding UK State Pensions. Private pensions schemes are quite different.
Regarding your military pension I suggest that you double check. As an afterthought as you and LL are not (yet) married how does that compute in the equation?
Old May 12th 2018, 1:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
I wonder how that works If a surviving partner is the mother of UK citizens(minors) who she is then raising on her own.
There are 2 rates of bereavement payment, a higher rate if the surviving partner is eligible to claim child benefit, if not the lower rate applies.
As far as I'm aware child benefit cannot be claimed in the Philippines, as there's no Social Security Agreement between that country and the UK. So it appears that a successful application for bereavement support payment from the Philippines would result in the lower rate being paid, for a maximum of 18 months See here https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-abroad and here https://www.gov.uk/bereavement-support-payment
Old May 12th 2018, 1:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

There are 2 rates of bereavement payment, a higher rate if the surviving partner is eligible to claim child benefit, if not the lower rate applies.
As far as I'm aware child benefit cannot be claimed in the Philippines, as there's no Social Security Agreement between that country and the UK. So it appears that a successful application for bereavement support payment from the Philippines would result in the lower rate being paid, for a maximum of 18 months See here https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-abroad and here https://www.gov.uk/bereavement-support-payment
child benefit payments were made into my UK bank account for years after we moved to the US. I wrote to them many times but it made no difference and I stopped writing. Fortunately I left the payments in the account as several years later I received a letter saying they wanted the money back.
Old May 12th 2018, 1:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

child benefit payments were made into my UK bank account for years after we moved to the US. I wrote to them many times but it made no difference and I stopped writing. Fortunately I left the payments in the account as several years later I received a letter saying they wanted the money back.
Bloody hell! It's lucky that you knew the rules better than they did and left the money untouched, it would have been a hefty amount to find all at once otherwise.
Old May 12th 2018, 1:53 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

How it works in the UK nowadays the surviving parent is expected to get a job after 18 months of widowhood instead of claiming Widows Benefit in perpetuity.

Old May 12th 2018, 1:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Bloody hell! It's lucky that you knew the rules better than they did and left the money untouched, it would have been a hefty amount to find all at once otherwise.
yeah must have been 5 or 6 years...perhaps longer.
Old May 12th 2018, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

So no enhanced widows benefit to mothers of british children

i now understand why there is talk of UK chidren being left at eBritish embassy gates with passports and a letter adving they are British government rsponsibility.

I believe it is something close to 650£ pw to raise orphans instead of paying a monthly pension of 450pw

Thats what happens when politicians want to look good, the maths goes out the window
Old May 12th 2018, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky my pensions come from Norway - wife gets 50% of my pension until she dies ( only caveat is that we must have been married for more than 12 months before I shuffle off my perch ) and the kids get 50% until they are 21 ( or 26 if they are in full time education )
Old May 12th 2018, 2:10 pm
Concierge

So no enhanced widows benefit to mothers of british children

i now understand why there is talk of UK chidren being left at eBritish embassy gates with passports and a letter adving they are British government rsponsibility.
What?? Abandon their children at the British embassy gates?? They're not the British government's responsibility, they're their parents' responsibility!
Old May 12th 2018, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

• careful 11, you might be worth more to her dead than alive.
Old May 13th 2018, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Thanks again for your interest and comments.

Mikemike: As far as Filipinas with children obtaining a partner is concerned, I guess there are exceptions to the rule. Waddly has a son (Wormboy) and she has now obtained a bf. Mind you....it took many years of trying.

Mikek1: I agree with you entirely. I suspect the way she runs it now is because its more of a hobby than anything else. Her customers are all FB friends and perhaps likes to keep things informal. I sat down with her some time ago and tried to discuss ways of expanding the business with a web-site etc. It was all "white mans magic" to her. I will bring the subject up again when I feel she will be more responsive. Tried to get her a business loan but couldn't do that because she didn't have a credit card. Tried to get her a credit card and her application was declined.

Spouse of Scouse: Re State Pension benefits for her. I was advised a few months ago by DHSS that she would be entitled to various benefits on my passing. Either as my wife or partner. I would have to prove that she is my partner by showing that I am in "meaningful relationship". My "Legal Capacity To Marry" is proof.

Bealinehx: I already have it confirmed that she will be entitled to a proportion of my Military Pension. Although she wouldn't be eligible for a proportion of my State Pension, she would be eligible for Bereavement Benefits for 18 months as confirmed by Spouse of Scouse. She would be entitled either as my wife or Partner.

Regards
Old May 13th 2018, 1:34 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11

Spouse of Scouse: Re State Pension benefits for her. I was advised a few months ago by DHSS that she would be entitled to various benefits on my passing. Either as my wife or partner. I would have to prove that she is my partner by showing that I am in "meaningful relationship". My "Legal Capacity To Marry" is proof.

Regards
DHSS was scrapped in 1988, pensions are handled by DWP now.

Your partner/wife will most likely be eligible for Bereavement Support Payment, as you say, for 18 months. There are no other UK government payments or benefits she'd be eligible for.
Old May 13th 2018, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

What?? Abandon their children at the British embassy gates?? They're not the British government's responsibility, they're their parents' responsibility!
Apparently not, when the brit father dies his NI is worthless, yet if in Gb his NI would have meant something. So let the British embassy deal with it when the bread winner is gone. Afterall Uk gov is so civilized the safety net is there to protect and bring up british orphans, those kids are british their passport says so. they could spend time in lock up with the BI whilst the Uk embassy revels in the publicity

Btw the kids would stay here for 450pm instead of wanting to go to the Uk for 650£ pw each

Last edited by mikemike; May 13th 2018 at 1:54 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.