Me and My Family

Old May 18th 2019, 2:21 pm
  #2251  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Philippines
Posts: 838
Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Rete....

That's the problem....she is not business smart and after 3 failures she is now aware of this. One of the conditions I laid down before I came back is that she does not enter any sort of business again without my permission to which she agreed.

The distant relative did not know of her financial plight at the time, she also does not know that she cannot repay the 203k. I suppose the lender (if there is one) assumes that I have found out about the loan with its exorbitant interest rate and have offered to repay in a lump sum.

You can rest assured that if her father wants to take action against me, then they will get no more rent from me. He is not suing me for money, but wants me removed from here for causing shame on her family. She has now stopped paying for their St Peters plan (funeral plan) and has stopped paying for the motorcycle she let them have a few months ago. I think she will also ask me to cease paying their rent now, whatever the outcome will be. Normally, they pop around a few times a week to borrow a few hundred here and there. That has stopped. Tomorrow is the day when her two kids come around for their allowance. That should be interesting. But I thought these financial sanctions she has put on them might have repercussions regarding one of the children who she is supporting financially. But under Philippine law, it is the father who has sole responsibility for that.

As far as the "loan" is concerned, she has no means to repay 20k pm interest nor indeed the capital. As I told her, we could be paying 20k pm for the rest of our natural lives unless its dealt with. And I have no urge to pay someone 25% of my pension for which I have worked for, for nearly 60 yrs.

Regards
Philosophical 11 is offline  
Old May 18th 2019, 2:32 pm
  #2252  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Philippines
Posts: 838
Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

T2016....

I have asked her that question....she does not know why. I have heard from somewhere that she will only get the agreement after the loan is repaid. But...I want to see it before anything is forthcoming from me.

SOS...

Thanks. Yes, I could do with a laugh. Will watch it after I have posted this.

Thanks all
Philosophical 11 is offline  
Old May 18th 2019, 10:43 pm
  #2253  
In the pink
 
Mallory's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,090
Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

You said your wife was not business smart. Your wife is very business smart, you just have not realised it yet, You think you are smarter than her. Nope, she is way smarter than you. She is laughing behind your back. When you hit rock bottom you will suddenly have an epiphany! It will be too late though.

Last edited by Mallory; May 18th 2019 at 10:44 pm. Reason: /
Mallory is offline  
Old May 19th 2019, 3:29 am
  #2254  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Capiz
Posts: 1,027
Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
You said your wife was not business smart. Your wife is very business smart, you just have not realised it yet, You think you are smarter than her. Nope, she is way smarter than you. She is laughing behind your back. When you hit rock bottom you will suddenly have an epiphany! It will be too late though.
You are right. We know a woman who lives most of her time in Australia working as a tax accountant assistant. She keeps supporting her family by starting businesses for them jeepney, hardware, sand & gravel, fish dealer, shrimp farm etc ). They have all gone under leaving her in debt. On her last leave she was saying that Filipinos have no idea how to make money. I disagreed with her saying "They got all yours", short pause and she came back "You are right. They can look after themselves in future" and she has stuck to it. But it took someone disconnected from her family to make her realise they were doing her over.
Stokkevn is offline  
Old May 19th 2019, 5:57 am
  #2255  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
Posts: 360
RedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud of
Default Re: Me and My Family

I'm still a bit concerned about her passing around the tale that you have a multi-Million dollar (or is it peso) insurance policy. Now regardless of whether SHE knows this, it was seen as somehow guaranteeing/collateralizing the loan.

Now the implication is that even if you were uninformed about the loan, or cut her off, etc. the lender would eventually get their loan back with interest and fines when you kicked. That was THE LENDERS understanding. Now, don't you see how spreading such a tale about could have some consequences on your physical well-being...to a criminally inclined lender or other person that she is in debt to? Heck, even the two scofflaws that she lent the money too at higher usurious rates than the original money-lender (who apparently though they were even a less reliable customer than your LL who has a rich hubby with "millions in life insurance: coming her way) might see some advantage at taking some sort of deleterious action. Logic being "I Sr. P11 is deceased LL will inherit millions, she'll be generous and write off her loans to us...she won't need our money".
RedApe is offline  
Old May 19th 2019, 6:14 am
  #2256  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Philippines
Posts: 838
Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Greetings...

Whilst I was mincing around the beach this morning, I bumped into the father. He greeted me very warmly....certainly a lot different to that of someone who wants to run me out of Dodge City. We chatted about nothing in particular, and certainly nothing was mentioned about our recent travails. We shook hands and that was the end of that. So...I have no idea what this case is about that has been filed....or why she made a drama out of it. Certainly, she has been her bubbly effervescent self today. With him was his brother who has been away for a while. He is suffering from TB and sadly it shows. But he still keeps that lovely smile on his face. A gentleman in the truest sense of the word. When he was first diagnosed, I was conned out of 1k for treatment. I didn't know then that treatment was free at the local DOTs centre.

I have now seen the agreement between my wife and the lender. Scribbled on a piece of paper dated early last year. The signature is hers and it ties in with what has been stated. So, the jig saw is now complete and now perhaps we can move on with our lives. With a bit of belt tightening.....

Forgot to mention.... she now has another dog. Another shih Tzu. She got it off a friend who cannot keep it for various reasons. This one is 7 months old and never been jabbed. So we went to the vets the next day and started off with worming treatment. In two weeks I believe, she can have her first treatment for parvo...the dog that is.

On that note...that's how it hangs at the moment. I don't want any more crises or dramas....I have had more than my fill.

Regards. Hope I don't need to post here again for a while...And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Last edited by Philosophical 11; May 19th 2019 at 6:17 am.
Philosophical 11 is offline  
Old May 19th 2019, 9:45 am
  #2257  
On a grand tour
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Somewhere dusty
Posts: 95
tooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond reputetooboocoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

P11, sorry to burst your bubble but nothing has changed, just because you've seen some supposed 'agreement'.

This roller-coaster ride will continue - always heading downhill, as these rides do - and slowly your savings will disappear, together with your health. Your "bubbly, effervescent LL" is a lying, scheming, manipulative user.

Sorry. You seem like a very nice, generous, give-everyone-the-benefit-of-the-doubt kind of guy, with the patience of a saint. I even believe that you genuinely enjoy writing about your travails. But please... you are being TAKEN! Get out now, out of the Philippines, this week.
There are other rustic, affordable places with beaches and nice weather.
tooboocoo is offline  
Old May 19th 2019, 10:19 am
  #2258  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Capiz
Posts: 1,027
Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11 View Post
Forgot to mention.... she now has another dog. Another shih Tzu. She got it off a friend who cannot keep it for various reasons. This one is 7 months old and never been jabbed. So we went to the vets the next day and started off with worming treatment. In two weeks I believe, she can have her first treatment for parvo...the dog that is.
Parvo injections should be given at 12 weeks and repeated 4 weeks later, Distemper at 8, 10 and 14 weeks, rabies at about 16 weeks ( this one is normally given free by the local municipal ).
Stokkevn is offline  
Old May 19th 2019, 10:23 am
  #2259  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Capiz
Posts: 1,027
Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
I'm still a bit concerned about her passing around the tale that you have a multi-Million dollar (or is it peso) insurance policy. Now regardless of whether SHE knows this, it was seen as somehow guaranteeing/collateralizing the loan.

Now the implication is that even if you were uninformed about the loan, or cut her off, etc. the lender would eventually get their loan back with interest and fines when you kicked. That was THE LENDERS understanding. Now, don't you see how spreading such a tale about could have some consequences on your physical well-being...to a criminally inclined lender or other person that she is in debt to? Heck, even the two scofflaws that she lent the money too at higher usurious rates than the original money-lender (who apparently though they were even a less reliable customer than your LL who has a rich hubby with "millions in life insurance: coming her way) might see some advantage at taking some sort of deleterious action. Logic being "I Sr. P11 is deceased LL will inherit millions, she'll be generous and write off her loans to us...she won't need our money".
My missus has no idea if I have a life insurance, she knows I have pensions from 4 different countries but does not know what their value is. My brother has all the details and permission to deal with state and private pensions upon me shuffling off the perch. So there is no incentive for her to push me down the stairs.
Stokkevn is offline  
Old May 19th 2019, 12:27 pm
  #2260  
Millhouse is not a meme
 
Millhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Disneyland, Dubai
Posts: 14,624
Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Stokkevn View Post
My missus has no idea if I have a life insurance, she knows I have pensions from 4 different countries but does not know what their value is. My brother has all the details and permission to deal with state and private pensions upon me shuffling off the perch. So there is no incentive for her to push me down the stairs.

On balance is this marriage going better or worse than the first one?
Millhouse is offline  
Old May 19th 2019, 12:34 pm
  #2261  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Marikina Philippines
Posts: 194
Bealinehx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Me and My Family

There is an old saying "There is one born every minute and it takes two to find them"
Bealinehx is offline  
Old May 19th 2019, 4:58 pm
  #2262  
BE Enthusiast
 
Gazza-d's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Suffolk UK
Posts: 596
Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Father in law and brother smiling, just thinking of other ways to con money from you. They all smile to your face, it's in their culture, it's what they are doing behind your back that counts.
Gazza-d is offline  
Old May 20th 2019, 8:13 am
  #2263  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Kuching, Sarawak
Posts: 360
RedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud ofRedApe has much to be proud of
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Gazza-d View Post
Father in law and brother smiling, just thinking of other ways to con money from you. They all smile to your face, it's in their culture, it's what they are doing behind your back that counts.
Yes, lawsuit was likely filed (or threatened to be filed) while P11 was in absentia...now that he and his huge Life Insurance policy (and probably rumored "secret" pension and bank accounts) are back they of course are smiling. LL is passing these stories about for a reason...maybe it's to brag, maybe its to establish financial credit with people who will loan her money (and if the money is "tied up" then it explains her inability to pay her debts), and perhaps it's because she really believes that she struck pay dirt and P11 is quite good at concealing his actual assets.

I'm wondering if LL has done a little creative cut and pasting or fuzzy xeroxing to create documents to support her requests for loans. But maybe she wouldn't need things in a world where a scrap of paper without an official stamp constitutes the record of a loan agreement. They used to give out these sorts of loans back in the day in New York. Vinnie would go "Contract? Your word is your contract, your part of the family now, and we don't like to bring the courts or police into it. But if you need a reminder of the terms - writing it out on a napkin, here...10%/ month and $100 fine if you're late. Joey the Barracuda will come by every month to collect and to remind you." Usurious loans were always backed up either by muscle, physical harm to self, family or pets, property damage, or social boycott (shops no longer serve, mail not delivered, electricity and phone goes out, water failures, etc.).

The whole family seems to be grifters that are willing to lie to get money...and despite that, P11 always comes to the rescue. School expenses, business losses, housing costs, motorcycles bought and then resold (and then replaced by P11), medical expenses, usurious loans. They are involved with the police and some drug dealer, and serious loan sharks, and LL is now one herself (maybe she fronted the drug dealer who skipped town).
RedApe is offline  
Old May 20th 2019, 9:36 am
  #2264  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
moneypenny20's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 63,341
moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11 View Post
Greetings...

Whilst I was mincing around the beach this morning, I bumped into the father. He greeted me very warmly....certainly a lot different to that of someone who wants to run me out of Dodge City. We chatted about nothing in particular, and certainly nothing was mentioned about our recent travails. We shook hands and that was the end of that. So...I have no idea what this case is about that has been filed....or why she made a drama out of it. Certainly, she has been her bubbly effervescent self today. With him was his brother who has been away for a while. He is suffering from TB and sadly it shows. But he still keeps that lovely smile on his face. A gentleman in the truest sense of the word. When he was first diagnosed, I was conned out of 1k for treatment. I didn't know then that treatment was free at the local DOTs centre.

I have now seen the agreement between my wife and the lender. Scribbled on a piece of paper dated early last year. The signature is hers and it ties in with what has been stated. So, the jig saw is now complete and now perhaps we can move on with our lives. With a bit of belt tightening.....
You're going to pay back this 'loan' because you've seen the supposed agreement? Just because this piece of paper has a date on it, doesn't mean that's the date of the so called agreement for crying out loud and most certainly doesn't mean the transaction even took place. Also if this loan has been outstanding for over a year, I would have thought the amount owed would be far higher than has been mentioned.

Smh.
moneypenny20 is offline  
Old May 20th 2019, 11:33 am
  #2265  
Aussie Finn Mixture!
 
teza's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
Posts: 1,130
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by tooboocoo View Post
P11, sorry to burst your bubble but nothing has changed, just because you've seen some supposed 'agreement'.

This roller-coaster ride will continue - always heading downhill, as these rides do - and slowly your savings will disappear, together with your health. Your "bubbly, effervescent LL" is a lying, scheming, manipulative user.

Sorry. You seem like a very nice, generous, give-everyone-the-benefit-of-the-doubt kind of guy, with the patience of a saint. I even believe that you genuinely enjoy writing about your travails. But please... you are being TAKEN! Get out now, out of the Philippines, this week.
There are other rustic, affordable places with beaches and nice weather.
it has been pointed out but pardon the French, old man gets young pu**y and risk of life earnings or life itself is acceptable it seems. I truly feel sorry for the wife who bore his kids, and his kids. Ain’t no fool like a old horny fool.nothing worse than an older man trying to prove his masculinity. Not once, in all these posts, have I seen him thinking what he left behind, and me guess is, what he left behind was people who truly cared about him.
teza is online now  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.