So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:17 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Well last day at work is tomorrow and they are letting me have a half day!

Got a lovely surprise at 1pm today when they threw a massive lunch for me in the health centre!!! I got 2 massive hand-tied bouquets (one from the GP's on my practice and one from my DN collegues), hot diamonds necklace and matching hot diamonds earrings and a bottle of champagne also from the nurses!!!!!!

I am stuffed full from all the lunch and cake I ate! It was lovely and very overwhelming - I never expected it as we are also having a curry night out on the 28th October!

Its all seeming so real now!!!!! Unfortunately i'm gonna be carless from tomorrow as one of the nurses is taking over my lease car (which was great as it stopped me getting penalties for handing it back early!) - so won't be easy to get around next week unless I pay £140 for a hire car for the week.

Lynn x
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Was my last day today, had a lovely lunch and pressies too. Some of the girls were crying which was kind of nice that I will be missed. Dont really get too emotional, but had a lump in my throat when 1 colleague said some really nice words as we were cuddling. (But dont tell anyone)

One chapter closes, another one begins. :scared:
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:22 pm

[QUOTE=paulb]Was my last day today, had a lovely lunch and pressies too. Some of the girls were crying which was kind of nice that I will be missed. Dont really get too emotional, but had a lump in my throat when 1 colleague said some really nice words as we were cuddling. (But dont tell anyone)

One chapter closes, another one begins. [QUOTE=paulb]

Yes my thoughts are like that too Paul - it has been emotional but I am also excited and although I love my job I am looking forward to change. With you talking about people crying - I have made 4 of my patients cry! - that made me really emotional - the older people on my caseload have known me for over a year and they become very attatched as we often visit 3 times per week - sometimes more for dressing changes etc - they have also been giving me cards, wine and chocolates! People have been so kind and yes its nice to know that I will be missed.
Oh forgot to mention I got my flight tickets today - everything is fine with them and they clearly show that we are allowed 40kg luggage allowance each. The flight time has came forward by an hour like we discussed so I am on your flight!!!! Just don't recline your seat Paulb and take up all my leg room!!!!!!!!!

Lynn
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:24 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

I am so envious of you two Hope you both have a lovely flight
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by mandi248
I am so envious of you two Hope you both have a lovely flight

Thanks Mandi! Just wondering if I'd recognise paul from the photo on here! It will be a big full plane load of passengers so i'm not sure if I would - because the flight time has changed to 1 hour earlier our connection from glasgow is even smaller - I hate Heathrow as well - its murder getting from terminal to terminal and if the flight from Glasgow gets delayed we are stuffed!

Lynn x
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Thanks Mandi! Just wondering if I'd recognise paul from the photo on here! It will be a big full plane load of passengers so i'm not sure if I would - because the flight time has changed to 1 hour earlier our connection from glasgow is even smaller - I hate Heathrow as well - its murder getting from terminal to terminal and if the flight from Glasgow gets delayed we are stuffed!

Lynn x

not fair, you and paul are having a wee party!! my flight isnt until 21.55, but we will be in oz on 2nd november.
sounds like you had a lovely time today lynn, they obviously think lots of you.
had my works do on friday, it was fab, they all came round for drinks before going for italian, when a silver limo turned up to take us for an hours drive with champers!! fantastic pressie me thinks! I was on cloud 9.
got lots of jewellery, aussie dollars, it was overwhelming.
its going so fast isnt it, there doesnt seem to be enough time to do anything.

take care and catch up before we go

love

Trish
xx
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Was my last day today, had a lovely lunch and pressies too. Some of the girls were crying which was kind of nice that I will be missed. Dont really get too emotional, but had a lump in my throat when 1 colleague said some really nice words as we were cuddling. (But dont tell anyone)

One chapter closes, another one begins. :scared:

hi paul, did you get any of those simm cards? just wondered as ive just ordered mine. what time is yours and lynns flight?

Trish
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi paul, did you get any of those simm cards? just wondered as ive just ordered mine. what time is yours and lynns flight?

Trish
Trish its 11am - just pray my Gla flight isn't delayed!!!

Lynn x
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Trish its 11am - just pray my Gla flight isn't delayed!!!

Lynn x
will be thinking of you hun, hopefully all will be well and you will be zipping off to your new life! what time do you arrive in singapore?

xx
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:33 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck Paul and Lynn with your flights have PM'd you both some possible info.

Keep plenty of hankies ready as it gets even more emotional as every hour goes by but it wears off on the other side once the joys of registering for tax, medicare, child benefit and job searches set in... :scared: .

Have nice flights it's still worth it so far... .
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Lynn x
We are staying over in Heathrow, it only cost £62 for a family room. Did you not fancy that idea Lynn??

We can only take 20kg on our flight to LHR. BMI wont allow more unless the tickets are all one complete journey i.e. booked thru a travel agent and show it as 1 booking from Teesside to Brisbane. I have booked 2 seperate flights, Teesside to LHR and LHR to Bris. So although I can have 40 kg from LHR, I can only take 20kg down

You will recognise us Lynn, we will be the stressed out couple with 2 manic kids!!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jimtrish

Trish
Yeah we got a SIM card from that 0044 website.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:04 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=lynnlovessun]Well last day at work is tomorrow and they are letting me have a half day!

Got a lovely surprise at 1pm today when they threw a massive lunch for me in the health centre!!! I got 2 massive hand-tied bouquets (one from the GP's on my practice and one from my DN collegues), hot diamonds necklace and matching hot diamonds earrings and a bottle of champagne also from the nurses!!!!!!

arr how lovely lynn! bet you were emotional?? have been thinking of you - nearly there mate!!

hear you have been chatting with my hubby again!! stopping him from doing the ironing!!!!!! i wish!! ironing pile still there and untouched!!!

hope you are ok

manda
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by paulb
We are staying over in Heathrow, it only cost £62 for a family room. Did you not fancy that idea Lynn??

We can only take 20kg on our flight to LHR. BMI wont allow more unless the tickets are all one complete journey i.e. booked thru a travel agent and show it as 1 booking from Teesside to Brisbane. I have booked 2 seperate flights, Teesside to LHR and LHR to Bris. So although I can have 40 kg from LHR, I can only take 20kg down

You will recognise us Lynn, we will be the stressed out couple with 2 manic kids!!

i am so happy for you all, paul, lynn and trish

your move is nearly complete!!

will be watching and waiting for the first few weeks stories from you all

manda
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:08 am

well where am i at now!! DHL have collected the visa application!!!

i at last told the managers at work about my plans, so it is no longer a secret at work!! hooorray

feel more real now, with everybody knowing and the pressure which has been building has gone down abit (much to lynns relief im sure ) (only to rise again no doubt towards the end)

manda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.