Wikiposts

So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by amanda76
i am so happy for you all, paul, lynn and trish

your move is nearly complete!!

will be watching and waiting for the first few weeks stories from you all

manda

hi mand,

thanks for that, im sure i speak for all three of us when i say your support is appreciated. will definitely keep you posted as to how things are going, and look forward to hearing your updates too.

take care mand

Trish
xx
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Yeah we got a SIM card from that 0044 website.

got ours today, just want to get there now!!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:30 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

We are staying over in Heathrow, it only cost £62 for a family room. Did you not fancy that idea Lynn??

We can only take 20kg on our flight to LHR. BMI wont allow more unless the tickets are all one complete journey i.e. booked thru a travel agent and show it as 1 booking from Teesside to Brisbane. I have booked 2 seperate flights, Teesside to LHR and LHR to Bris. So although I can have 40 kg from LHR, I can only take 20kg down

You will recognise us Lynn, we will be the stressed out couple with 2 manic kids!!
No Paul - i'm happy taking the hour flight from Glasgow on the day - i'm even more relieved now that I never did the airport hotel route as thats a bummer about the luggage allowance - are you still taking 40kg and paying the excess between Teeside and London?

We booked flights through Trailfinders and the Glasgow flight is all on the same ticket - infact Glasgow check you straight through to Singapore usually. My ticket clearly states 'allow 40kg' on every leg of our journey so shouldn't have any problems at all. It is also the first time we are entering Oz on PR and I have an e-mail from Singapore airlines backing their migrant luggage policy up to use if I have to!!!! If you want a copy of that Paul let me know!

Lynn

p.s just finished work!!!!! What a feeling!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:34 pm

arr how lovely lynn! bet you were emotional?? have been thinking of you - nearly there mate!!

hear you have been chatting with my hubby again!! stopping him from doing the ironing!!!!!! i wish!! ironing pile still there and untouched!!!

hope you are ok

manda[/QUOTE]

Yes he was caught red handed on internet when he should of been doing your housework!!!!! what did you see at the theatre?

Glad your feeling more relaxed now - thats good you told your bosses too!!!

Lynn x
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Thanks Lynn
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:06 am

Thanks Lynn
Oh no probs Paul! we should be OK!

Lynn
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:47 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
p.s just finished work!!!!! What a feeling!

hey lynn, thats fantastic!
congratulations, hope your last day wasnt too bad!!

got any butterflys yet?

sue
xx
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

nice one lynne,

well done, not long now you lucky thing.

good luck with everything

debs x
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:45 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul, Trish and Lynn....

Just wanted t say hope you all have a great flight and you like what you see when you get off the plane.

Lynn, what part of Brissie are you heading for? We are in bayside (Cleveland) its lovely here.

Paul, you should have 40kg for your baggage allowance cos all passengers that have a PR visa stamp in their passports get it. Its called Immigration allowance. We were told by Man airport.

Gotta go cos the babes just woke up
Take care
Ang
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hey lynn, thats fantastic!
congratulations, hope your last day wasnt too bad!!

got any butterflys yet?

sue
xx
No butterfly's yet Sue - its very strange, i'm so calm about everything at the minute!!!

Big leaving party tonight - just about to leave to check into a luxury hotel in Glasgow for the night - Marc booked a big suite for us to get ready in tonight so really excited! We are expecting around 80 for the party - maybe more- so should be a great night - i'm glad i'm not feeling too emotional yet - hopefully I can enjoy it!

Lynn x
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by debbiemc
nice one lynne,

well done, not long now you lucky thing.

good luck with everything

debs x

Thanks for the good luck messages Debs! You are all so kind - won't be long and we will be wishing you good luck! I know things haven't been smooth for you so far but I wish you all the good luck getting your visa application submitted.

Lynn x
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie

Just wanted t say hope you all have a great flight and you like what you see when you get off the plane.

Lynn, what part of Brissie are you heading for? We are in bayside (Cleveland) its lovely here.

Paul, you should have 40kg for your baggage allowance cos all passengers that have a PR visa stamp in their passports get it. Its called Immigration allowance. We were told by Man airport.

Take care
Ang
Hi Ang

Thanks for the good luck wishes too! We have been to Brisbane once before on holiday so know what a great city it is - there is just so much to do in the surrounding coasts.

Being a young couple we are considering Cleveland - I gather there is a sort of pavement cafe/ restaurant area there - is that right? I have never been to the South of Brisbane before - we stayed in the Gold coast and North of Brisbane on holiday.

Not sure that there will be many rentals in Cleveland - especially ones that will also take our lovely well behaved collie Poppy!?

Hope you are still loving every minute of being in Oz?

Lynn x
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:14 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi Ang

Thanks for the good luck wishes too! We have been to Brisbane once before on holiday so know what a great city it is - there is just so much to do in the surrounding coasts.

Being a young couple we are considering Cleveland - I gather there is a sort of pavement cafe/ restaurant area there - is that right? I have never been to the South of Brisbane before - we stayed in the Gold coast and North of Brisbane on holiday.

Not sure that there will be many rentals in Cleveland - especially ones that will also take our lovely well behaved collie Poppy!?

Hope you are still loving every minute of being in Oz?

Lynn x
Yes Lynn it has got pavement cafes/bars in Cleveland everyone tha t has moved here that I know is either living or wants to live here. Its just great.
there are houses that do tkae pets, you just have to let the agent know.

Where will you be stopping when you arrive have you booked somewhere.
We have had some rain this week, quite a bit of it actually. heavy rain, but we do need it though so we don't complain. Yes we still love it here. We have been to Southbank today and it was just amazing. A really enjoyable day.

Stay in touch
Ang
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 1:50 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Hope you enjoy the party tonight Lynn, also hope you've got plenty of tissues to take. Not long now, even if you haven't got butterflies I have for you, Paul and Trish
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie

Take care
Ang
Ang

40kg is no problem from heathrow. From Teesside were only allowed 20kg. Not sure how much we have yet, but if we are well over, thinkng about getting my cricket bag sent to the hotel at heathrow by UPS. Gonna get a quote tomorrow.
Paul

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.