Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Things you Love about NZ

Wikiposts

Things you Love about NZ

Old Aug 5th 2011, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Things you Love about NZ

Come round for a glass of wine when we move in ! It's in my nature to be sceptical sometimes. Not helped by the fact that our conveyancer died suddenly yesterday.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Smile Re: Things you Love about NZ

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
no not being ironic........ if in a restaurant where nothing obvious on the menu, the chef will usually accomodate and be inventive. If something is on the menu, it's usually something quite interesting that I would maybe not have thought of, and I have been veggie 35 years. Chinese Indian and Thai usually have significant veggie menu sections. Better options than the UK, generally, IMHO

Jan
Thats good to know. Ta.

Lots of happy people on this thread. Its ok to say something is good think sometimes we think we are tempting fate if we say things are good just incase they go bad!!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scousebird
Thats good to know. Ta.

Lots of happy people on this thread. Its ok to say something is good think sometimes we think we are tempting fate if we say things are good just incase they go bad!!
The Sanitarium Bacon rashers are Fab (do you think they wanted to call it 'Sanitorium' - after all, veggies are a little off the wall). Subway are now doing a veggie patty.

Then again - Mars bar and chips works!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Pot luck dinners where you only have to make one dish cos everyone else brings the rest.

Also, maggi onion dip with chicken 'chips'. I get them sent over to the UK specially as you can't find reduced cream here. Mmmm.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:45 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosh this is such a hard one to answer, there's so much ...

The weather - the sun in particular
The wine
The summer
The wine
The beaches
The wine
The Pacific Ocean
The wine
The scenery
The wine
The people
The wine
The friends I have
The wine
The street I live in
The wine
The fun and laughter I share with my new friends
The wine
The empty roads
The wine
The BBQ's and laid back entertaining
The wine
Xmas
The wine
The kids thriving
The wine
The fact we are so far away from relatives
The wine
Sushi
The wine
Spa pools
The wine
Old Aug 6th 2011, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Smile Re: Things you Love about NZ

Originally Posted by billingham
The Sanitarium Bacon rashers are Fab (do you think they wanted to call it 'Sanitorium' - after all, veggies are a little off the wall). Subway are now doing a veggie patty.

Then again - Mars bar and chips works!
Cheeky sod!!
Old Aug 6th 2011, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

So, AL, what do ya think about that there NZ wine, eh?
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:09 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

The wine
The summer
The wine
The beaches
The wine
The Pacific Ocean
The wine
The scenery
The wine
The people
The wine
The friends I have
The wine
The street I live in
The wine
The wine
The empty roads
The wine
The wine
Xmas
The wine
The kids thriving
The wine
The wine
Sushi
The wine
Spa pools
The wine
Hic...Hic....Hic......
Old Aug 6th 2011, 8:31 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martyc
Pot luck dinners where you only have to make one dish cos everyone else brings the rest.

Also, maggi onion dip with chicken 'chips'. I get them sent over to the UK specially as you can't find reduced cream here. Mmmm.
Disgusting I'm gonna throw up
Old Aug 6th 2011, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by love30stm
Disgusting I'm gonna throw up
Lovely!
Old Aug 6th 2011, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

The wine
The summer
The wine
The beaches
The wine
The Pacific Ocean
The wine
The scenery
The wine
The people
The wine
The friends I have
The wine
The street I live in
The wine
The wine
The empty roads
The wine
The wine
Xmas
The wine
The kids thriving
The wine
The wine
Sushi
The wine
Spa pools
The wine
Agree with most of what you say apart from

The people but maybe thats Wanganui

Kids Thriving, eldest has no friends and never settled, youngest was getting on well but not at the moment as her friends at high school have changed and are all into boys, thought i had got away from that in the uk

Xmas! never got used to it in the Heat!

im sure most of my problems is living Wanganui

I have good friends here and make the most of it, but hopefully change location in the near future
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
Flat Whites

The treaty of waitangi

MMP

Feijoas

Beaches

The ubiquitous banana cake

Student Loans

Coffee Group

Plunket

Playcentre

Lack of shops (yep I have become less materialistic)

Bush

Empty main roads

The way it shuts down for 6 weeks from Christmas

2 days off at New Year

Anzac day

Anzac biccies
Being in Welly,, its actually opposite...There aren't many shops here as UK but still there are a few shops that I love too much so... I shop endlessly... its never ending.. (I like things sophisticated but am not a materialistic person)
Old Aug 6th 2011, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

I realised today that I love the canopies along high streets here...you can walk from one side of Wellington to the other without getting rained on. Today started off pleasant and then deteriorated.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by luvwelly
I realised today that I love the canopies along high streets here...you can walk from one side of Wellington to the other without getting rained on. Today started off pleasant and then deteriorated.
Oh yeah I love that
Old Aug 6th 2011, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
How true! This afternoon's hail storm had me sheltering under the canopies as I walked down Cuba Street.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.