Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

meeeeeeeowwwwwwww NZ dollar in freefall predictions of where it will hit the ground!!

meeeeeeeowwwwwwww NZ dollar in freefall predictions of where it will hit the ground!!

Old Mar 24th 2006, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: meeeeeeeowwwwwwww NZ dollar in freefall predictions of where it will hit the ground!!

Originally Posted by MV5555
SORRY FOR ALL U GUYS IF YOU THREW YOUR MONEY INTO THE NZ BANKS.......BUT WHERE WILL IT STOP PREDICTIONS PLEASE :scared:
Here's my currency trader's point of view from purely a personal standpoint.... from a technical standpoint only, i.e. from a chart analysis point of view:-

At time of writing we just hit a new high of 2.8477 on this leg of new recent uptrend. The down trend line from the high of 3.7150 to a low of 2.4128 has been broken so we are in a current uptrend.

When the pound ran up vs the NZD to 3.7150 there was a spike low at 2.9166; this will form one area of resistance on this run up; ie potential halting point to the run up. When the GBP then weakened from 3.7150 down to NZD of 2.4128 there was another spike low at 2.8612, which will form another resistance point on the current run up.

The last run down from 3.7150 to 2.4128 yields fibonacci resistance levels at 33.3% of 2.8464(hit today!!!), 38.2% of 2.9102. After that we're talking the 50% retracement being 3.0639!!!

So I will be watching the 2.8464 to 2.9166 area for signs of the NZD strengthening, ie GBP uptrend breakdown, as a possible area to buy a chunk of our NZ dollars on a forward contract(ie lock the rate in).

If it breaks through 2.945 the charts don't look like there's anything stopping the run up to 3.00 at least. I personally will then look to lock in some more of our money around 3.00 on another forward contract.

Remember you can use Forward Contracts with your currency broker(eg Halo, HIFX etc) to lock in a rate if it reaches a level you're happy with so if it does suddenly start heading back down you've protected yourself.

On a cautionary note the daily chart is already looking quite overbought; the relative strength index already in the overbought area of the indicator; doesn't mean it can't go higher but will possibly mean we could see some more consolidation before another leg up.

Remember this is just my technical view; fundamentals are something else....ya never know when the NZ central bank could throw a spanner in the works on interest rates etc etc.

Hope that helps a bit!!!

Dave

Last edited by Paladin; Mar 24th 2006 at 11:34 am.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 12:12 pm
Not a Junior Member!

Lisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: meeeeeeeowwwwwwww NZ dollar in freefall predictions of where it will hit the ground!!

Good heavens Dave,

I feel so inadequate now, knowing that someone there are people on this forum who understand money......I shall say thankyou for the advice and for making at lease some instructions clear!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lisa T
Good heavens Dave,

I feel so inadequate now, knowing that someone there are people on this forum who understand money......I shall say thankyou for the advice and for making at lease some instructions clear!
You're most welcome!!!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Paladin
You're most welcome!!!

YES THANX DAVE BTW DO YOU KNOW THE CHEAPEST WAY TO GET £ FROM THE UK INTO $ AND AT AS CLOSE TO THE BANK RATE AS POSSIBLE
Old Mar 24th 2006, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

YES THANX DAVE BTW DO YOU KNOW THE CHEAPEST WAY TO GET £ FROM THE UK INTO $ AND AT AS CLOSE TO THE BANK RATE AS POSSIBLE
Use a good currency broker!!!

I'm using HIFX for our transactions. They have a good reputation, but there are certainly others around.

Dave
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Paladin
Use a good currency broker!!!

I'm using HIFX for our transactions. They have a good reputation, but there are certainly others around.

Dave
Just gone past the 2.85 marker
Old Mar 26th 2006, 7:52 am
Banned

James1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to all

Imported inflation is still inflation and with the new very generous benefits for working families coming online in April billions will be put into the pockets of young families who will, almost certainly, spend the new money thereby adding further to inflationary pressure.

If The government is not going to use taxation to dampen demand then they will, almost certainly, need to keep interest rates high.

What does this mean? there will come a point probably around 2.85-2.9 where the foreign investors will come back in and in so doing will stop the fall. It was their hot money that caused the over valuation in the first place and so my guess would be for a slight readjustment to circa 2.75-2.8 over the next week or so.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 8:10 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Roll on April the 1st can't wait to get my hands on that lovely money
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sky
Roll on April the 1st can't wait to get my hands on that lovely money

what the deal for working families?
will it apply to PR's
Old Mar 26th 2006, 6:13 pm
Banned

James1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to allJames1st is a name known to all

what the deal for working families?
will it apply to PR's
My daughter only came out in August with PR and they will get the cash- circa $150 per week and three mornings of free(ish) kindy

never seen her so happy! - it will cover their mortgage!

(he earns circa $40K and they have 2 children)
Old Mar 27th 2006, 3:52 am
Just Joined

dunedindan will become famous soon enoughdunedindan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by James1st
My daughter only came out in August with PR and they will get the cash- circa $150 per week and three mornings of free(ish) kindy

never seen her so happy! - it will cover their mortgage!

(he earns circa $40K and they have 2 children)
hi we came out in dec on a permanent residancy what is this child payment stuff people are going on about it sounds handy if we are entitled to it
any help will be much appeciated
Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dunedindan
hi we came out in dec on a permanent residancy what is this child payment stuff people are going on about it sounds handy if we are entitled to it
any help will be much appeciated
Yes I think you are! pop into your local Inland revenue office or go to their web site for full details I think the max salary is just under $149,000 so most will benefit.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 7:01 am
Just Joined

dunedindan will become famous soon enoughdunedindan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by James1st
Yes I think you are! pop into your local Inland revenue office or go to their web site for full details I think the max salary is just under $149,000 so most will benefit.
thanks will have a look on site
Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dunedindan
thanks will have a look on site

I just looked around on the IRD website and progressed to www.workingforfamilies.govt.nz. I couldn't find any information on elibility related to residency status. However, I recall reading in the package of information that came with the ITA that we couldn't have social benefits until two years had passed. Perhaps that means unemployment payments, welfare and the like. I would be interested to hear what others have found out.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

2.88 keep going baby!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.