British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   meeeeeeeowwwwwwww NZ dollar in freefall predictions of where it will hit the ground!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/meeeeeeeowwwwwwww-nz-dollar-freefall-predictions-where-will-hit-ground-363255/)

MV5555 Mar 24th 2006 7:39 am

meeeeeeeowwwwwwww NZ dollar in freefall predictions of where it will hit the ground!!

SORRY FOR ALL U GUYS IF YOU THREW YOUR MONEY INTO THE NZ BANKS.......BUT WHERE WILL IT STOP PREDICTIONS PLEASE :scared:

sky Mar 24th 2006 8:16 am

Re: meeeeeeeowwwwwwww NZ dollar in freefall predictions of where it will hit the ground!!

Originally Posted by MV5555
SORRY FOR ALL U GUYS IF YOU THREW YOUR MONEY INTO THE NZ BANKS.......BUT WHERE WILL IT STOP PREDICTIONS PLEASE :scared:

Ooooeeer claws out, no idea, makes no difference to us cos we;re here and living the D R E A M !!!

MV5555 Mar 24th 2006 8:19 am

Re: meeeeeeeowwwwwwww NZ dollar in freefall predictions of where it will hit the ground!!

Originally Posted by sky
Ooooeeer claws out, no idea, makes no difference to us cos we;re here and living the D R E A M !!!

sorry Sky didnt mean it to sound like that :) Just thought someone might be in the know of how far it will go................59 days for me and the clock is ticking :scared:

thebears Mar 24th 2006 9:16 am

3.45 in about 9 months

dunedindan Mar 24th 2006 9:22 am

Originally Posted by thebears
3.45 in about 9 months

ye but watch the housing market go mad again when interest rates are dropped

thebears Mar 24th 2006 9:24 am

Originally Posted by dunedindan

Have you seen the latest foreclosure figures?

dunedindan Mar 24th 2006 9:31 am

Have you seen the latest foreclosure figures?

they seem to be selling fast enough round here

planty Mar 24th 2006 9:39 am

3.45 in about 9 months

Is this a stab in the dark, or an educated guess?

Either way compared to just a few months ago the exchange rate is looking lovely :D .

dunedindan Mar 24th 2006 9:42 am

Originally Posted by planty

Either way compared to just a few months ago the exchange rate is looking lovely :D .

stab, we came over in dec rate was 2.43 hope it works out f everyone

isv Mar 24th 2006 10:19 am

Nope. The enormous drop in the value of the dollar will pull money out of the system through import inflation. Confidence will dissipate and the housing market will go with it. IF NZ interest rates fall the dollar will fall even further... With NZ running a trade deficit a falling dollar could just makes things worse.

The RBNZ are determined to halt the property market - and this alone will ensure they don't lower rates too far or too quickly. After all if they are lucky the dollar will weaken without them needing to reduce rates and they'll get the outcome they really wanted - a weaker dollar to aid business and higher interest rates to halt excessive consumption caused by a perception of housing wealth.

MV5555 Mar 24th 2006 10:22 am

Originally Posted by isv
Nope. The enormous drop in the value of the dollar will pull money out of the system through import inflation. Confidence will dissipate and the housing market will go with it. IF NZ interest rates fall the dollar will fall even further... With NZ running a trade deficit a falling dollar could just makes things worse.

The RBNZ are determined to halt the property market - and this alone will ensure they don't lower rates too far or too quickly. After all if they are lucky the dollar will weaken without them needing to reduce rates and they'll get the outcome they really wanted - a weaker dollar to aid business and higher interest rates to halt excessive consumption caused by a perception of housing wealth.

god im sooo thick does that mean the nz dollar will continue the trend so i get more for my pound notes

MV5555 Mar 24th 2006 10:29 am

god im sooo thick does that mean the nz dollar will continue the trend so i get more for my pound notes

near;ly 2.85 to the £1 now me thinks 3.00 to the £1.00 is a good possibility b4 the end of april

dunedindan Mar 24th 2006 10:31 am

near;ly 2.85 to the £1 now me thinks 3.00 to the £1.00 is a good possibility b4 the end of april

if it goes at rate its been goin tnite it will be 3 by mornin

MV5555 Mar 24th 2006 10:32 am

if it goes at rate its been goin tnite it will be 3 by mornin

buy buy buy

thebears Mar 24th 2006 10:41 am

Originally Posted by planty

I dont take stab in the dark risks with money