Sick of canada

Old May 14th 2011, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

canadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sick of canada

Originally Posted by KayFisher86
I actually like it when men act like gentleman and in no way do I take offence. Theres not enough gentlemen left if you ask me
A dying breed probably but it's all in the minds and hands of society. There's no manners here in Vancouver, and acts of goodness are rarely acknowledged. I think it's important to have both for acts to survive.
Old May 24th 2011, 12:00 am
Newish Member

Welshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really nice

I'm in Calgary and after 11 years this winter was the last for me. Sick and tired of being depressed for 7+ months of the year. Not moving back to Wales but to Birmingham instead. Should be...interesting.
Old May 24th 2011, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Good for you!!!!

That is the same for us,we have been here 10yrs and sick to death of the winters and being in doors.We are out of here as soon as the house sells.
Good luck to you
Old May 24th 2011, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshie82
I'm in Calgary and after 11 years this winter was the last for me. Sick and tired of being depressed for 7+ months of the year. Not moving back to Wales but to Birmingham instead. Should be...interesting.
I am wondering where you are from in Wales and why you are choosing Birmingham?
Old May 24th 2011, 3:29 am
Newish Member

Welshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really niceWelshie82 is just really nice

Originally Posted by bandrui
I am wondering where you are from in Wales and why you are choosing Birmingham?
I'm from Swansea and I'm choosing Birmingham because that's where my Sister lives and she's the only member of my family that I'm really close to.

M
Old May 28th 2011, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
Good for you!!!!

That is the same for us,we have been here 10yrs and sick to death of the winters and being in doors.We are out of here as soon as the house sells.
Good luck to you
Well all I can say is THANK GOD for that post (above). Geez. I was born here, been here my whole life and I just cannot understand how my fellow Canadian-born friends and family cannot see that being inside for 6-7 months a year is not normal and it is not healthy. Thank you for posting this. My husband is British and he has shown me that there is another 'lifestyle' out there which does not involve hibernating for six months and getting eaten alive by mosquitoes for the other six months of the year. You mean there are actually places in the world where you can sit outside in your garden on a beautiful evening? Amazing. Or walk outdoors in February without slipping and knocking your damned self unconscious and then freezing to death while a snowplow covers your body? I wish I were joking.

Old May 28th 2011, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

oh my goodness....you were born here and even you say the same as us Brits LOL !!!!!! I can say we have given it a good go,but its not for us, forever.Its a beautiful country,but really ,who wants to be indoors most of the year? Atleast in the UK you can go for a walk even in the rain,and can spend the warm evenings outside without getting bitten to death.
Roll on the day we sell
Old May 28th 2011, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

oh my goodness....you were born here and even you say the same as us Brits LOL !!!!!! I can say we have given it a good go,but its not for us, forever.Its a beautiful country,but really ,who wants to be indoors most of the year? Atleast in the UK you can go for a walk even in the rain,and can spend the warm evenings outside without getting bitten to death.
Roll on the day we sell
Cumbrian Lass, if I had not travelled as extensively as I have, I would not know the downfalls of living in Canada -- and yes, I was born here but have been to enough places to see how others live.

Granted, Canada is a gorgeous, gorgeous country. If you like propelling yourself off cliffs and hurling yourself down mountains on skiis or chasing around an ice rink after a piece of rubber -- you can find no finer place. If, however, you are into gardening, history, country rambles, tea shops, architecture and travel opportunities, then the constant snow and mosquitoes start to get on your nerves!
Old May 29th 2011, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lilipuddlian
Cumbrian Lass, if I had not travelled as extensively as I have, I would not know the downfalls of living in Canada -- and yes, I was born here but have been to enough places to see how others live.

Granted, Canada is a gorgeous, gorgeous country. If you like propelling yourself off cliffs and hurling yourself down mountains on skiis or chasing around an ice rink after a piece of rubber -- you can find no finer place. If, however, you are into gardening, history, country rambles, tea shops, architecture and travel opportunities, then the constant snow and mosquitoes start to get on your nerves!
I totally totally agree with you!!!!!!
So glad we did it,been there and got the t-shirt lol. Alot stay in the same place all of their lives and i think that is ok for some,but if you have the opportunity to go else where,grab the bull by the horns and DO IT!!!!! you can always go back and thats exactly what we are doing .
Are you going to move to the UK at some point Lillipuddlian??
Old May 29th 2011, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

I do think it's important to make the distinction between Western Canada and the other provinces. We generally get mild short winters on the West Coast and can sit outside from Spring to Fall without too many mosquitoes.... in fact they don't come out during the day when it is too hot.
I too am planning to leave but I notice that many of the comments on Canada are about East or Prairies. Just keeping it real.
Old May 29th 2011, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

I do think it's important to make the distinction between Western Canada and the other provinces. We generally get mild short winters on the West Coast and can sit outside from Spring to Fall without too many mosquitoes.... in fact they don't come out during the day when it is too hot.
I too am planning to leave but I notice that many of the comments on Canada are about East or Prairies. Just keeping it real.
yes i am talking about Alberta !!! i dont think the whole of Canada is like this place at all.But the friends i had in Ontairo and Vancouver,all are planning to go back for one reason or another.It isnt for everyone.But i expect lots settle here and spend the rest of their lives here.I think it all depends on what you want out of life,i think every where has its pro's and con's.
where are you thinking of moving to ?
Old May 30th 2011, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

yes i am talking about Alberta !!! i dont think the whole of Canada is like this place at all.But the friends i had in Ontairo and Vancouver,all are planning to go back for one reason or another.It isnt for everyone.But i expect lots settle here and spend the rest of their lives here.I think it all depends on what you want out of life,i think every where has its pro's and con's.
where are you thinking of moving to ?
That's the $64,000 (probably a couple of mill by now) question. We are exploring a lot of different areas in the Location, Location, Location thread. It will probably be South-West.
Old May 30th 2011, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's the $64,000 (probably a couple of mill by now) question. We are exploring a lot of different areas in the Location, Location, Location thread. It will probably be South-West.
yes like us we havent yet figured out where exactly we are going,other than back to the UK. Once the house sells we will go back and decide on an area.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Are you going to move to the UK at some point Lillipuddlian??
Every winter, Cumbrian Lass, every winter I consider it. I have dual citizenship and husband is British (from Yorkshire). We have the ability, the opp and the funds... just waiting for one last winter to push us over the edge.

I do love Canada. I don't like the climate (Ontario). It's either the British Isles or British Columbia. One day.

Also, husband finds that life here is quite boring, especially on the weekends. He used to enjoy his jaunts from Maidenhead and York out and about, rambling, pubs, museums. I'm preaching to the choir here, I know!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Every winter, Cumbrian Lass, every winter I consider it. I have dual citizenship and husband is British (from Yorkshire). We have the ability, the opp and the funds... just waiting for one last winter to push us over the edge.

I do love Canada. I don't like the climate (Ontario). It's either the British Isles or British Columbia. One day.

Also, husband finds that life here is quite boring, especially on the weekends. He used to enjoy his jaunts from Maidenhead and York out and about, rambling, pubs, museums. I'm preaching to the choir here, I know!
Yes we have done all there is to do here and nothing is cheap!!!!!! we are bored out of our minds............so really cannot wait to get back and have a life again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.