Sick of canada

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice
Default Sick of canada

hi all,
I am getting so sick of canada and the weather here so cold and so much snow this year its just got to me.

The problem is that I do not want to move back to the UK but would love to move to Asia the food is better and the cost of living is no so expensive every thing here is expensive and the choice not so good i wish that i never came to canada but we all can look back and say that but i am not living but just going through day to day no fun left in my life here, need to get out and find peace of mind.

I have never know a place where its so hard to make friends been here 5 years and would give it up today if we had not brought the house and the value drooped like a lead balloon once the value comes back up I am off
firefox
Old Feb 4th 2011, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice
Default Re: Sick of canada

Originally Posted by firefox
hi all,
I am getting so sick of canada and the weather here so cold and so much snow this year its just got to me.

The problem is that I do not want to move back to the UK but would love to move to Asia the food is better and the cost of living is no so expensive every thing here is expensive and the choice not so good i wish that i never came to canada but we all can look back and say that but i am not living but just going through day to day no fun left in my life here, need to get out and find peace of mind.

I have never know a place where its so hard to make friends been here 5 years and would give it up today if we had not brought the house and the value drooped like a lead balloon once the value comes back up I am off
firefox
yeah i totally understand what your saying !!!!
we have been here 10yrs and my OH still doesnt have any mates.We dont regret coming here,its been a great experiance,but its time to move on now.We are gonig back to a differnt part of the UK and really cant wait to get chatting to some nice friendly people again.
where about in Canada do you live????
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
yeah i totally understand what your saying !!!!
we have been here 10yrs and my OH still doesnt have any mates.We dont regret coming here,its been a great experiance,but its time to move on now.We are gonig back to a differnt part of the UK and really cant wait to get chatting to some nice friendly people again.
where about in Canada do you live????
Calgary AB
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Calgary AB
I totally argee with you,I have been in canada over 4 years now and am thinking of going back to the UK very soon,
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:52 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vickysteve
I totally argee with you,I have been in canada over 4 years now and am thinking of going back to the UK very soon,
what has changed in the last 3 weeks:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...44#post9075544

Not that I could live in Calgary either mind.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dboy
what has changed in the last 3 weeks:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...44#post9075544

Not that I could live in Calgary either mind.
Wife left and my dad is sick in the UK.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:16 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vickysteve
Wife left and my dad is sick in the UK.
sorry to hear that...been there done that. Good luck.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

hi all,

firefox
I have posted you my email and you can email me and maybe we could have a coffee sometime
Old Feb 4th 2011, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

I have posted you my email and you can email me and maybe we could have a coffee sometime
not in my private messages
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:10 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Firefox, how long have you been here?

We've been here 5 years and the last year was my first year of doubts
I have just spent most of 2010, feeling much the same 'What the hell did we do this for'. It's taken a while but I'm feeling much much better now. Just don't rush into any decisions, take your time. I don't think I will always live (full time) in Alberta, I also don't think I will return to the UK.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

not in my private messages
did you managed to get my email firefox ?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

did you managed to get my email firefox ?
Yes got it this time will send you an email later on.
Many thanks
firefox
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Firefox, how long have you been here?

We've been here 5 years and the last year was my first year of doubts
I have just spent most of 2010, feeling much the same 'What the hell did we do this for'. It's taken a while but I'm feeling much much better now. Just don't rush into any decisions, take your time. I don't think I will always live (full time) in Alberta, I also don't think I will return to the UK.
WE came in 2006 first to Vancouver which we loved but could not find work every time i went for an interview i was asked if i could speak chinese. We became citizens last year but we long for asia.

The biggest thing here is my health sucjh as back problems and arthritis in the right knee when you see the ortho she says its the cold and the height above sea level that makes it worse and dont start me about the headaches every time the weather changes.

I have done a lot of travel over the world but never found it so hard to make friends just cant put my finger on it.

any way talk soon
Firefox
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

brit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud of

Hi firefox & all

I am new to this forum & glad I found it! I can relate to you all the canadians are as cold & wet as the weather lol! My husband & I have been here for
2 years but planning to return by next year (dont know if should apply for citizenship)? we miss friends & our "social" life although the economy is not great i'm sure it will pick up!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:34 pm
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree, although no issue with the weather - don't mind the cold. It's the unfriendly people in NB I have a problem with - this is the first place we have ever lived where we have encountered utterly unfriendly people.

Good luck with your next move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.