Sick of canada

Old May 12th 2011, 1:33 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sick of canada

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
Nor does it apply to any of our friends here in BC who wander round unannounced and head straight to the fridge for a beer (unless it's early morning)
... in which case they snuggle up next to you in bed for a lie-in??
Old May 12th 2011, 1:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadian_critic
Doesn't sound too friendly to me. I'm sure psychologists would a field day with this one. How can this behaviour be construed as friendly. Someone acting like that sounds like they have a personality defect. I as flabbergasted when I found that most neighbours completely ignore each other for decades. I'm not a gossip over the fence person, but the behaviour you've just described is different only by being dysfunctional. People do tend to scurry away into their homes after work and do bugger all at weekends. My neighbours used to both work from home and almost never went anywhere. Just stayed at home 24/7. Dull and boring!
Originally Posted by xxdb
In Canada, they are still friends but they are more formal. You need to make an appointment to see them and if you show up at their door they nearly always either won't answer or won't let you in. If you invite them for beers it's the same way: you need to make an appointment.
I'm an American married to a Canadian and we live in the US. What you are saying xxdb is correct both in Canada and in the US and personally I don't see anything wrong with it nor does my husband. I don't want people just ringing my door bell and expecting me to be willing to give up my plans or free time so that I can sit and shoot the bull with them. Good friends or neighbors or acquaintances don't need appointments to visit as you call them, but they should have the courtesy to call ahead and ask if I would like a bit of company before venturing over for a drop in. Most like to plan our visits with friends and even family since our lives and schedules are so full with daily living.

Most of us don't have the luxury of being home 24/7. We work, have outside interests, and need to cook for the family or just ourselves or just relish having a few hours of alone time in the evenings to unwind. Since most of us (generalization I know) don't consider sitting at a bar a part of our daily lives or even having a drink at home a part of our daily lives, it is presumptuous for immigrants to either of our countries to assume we are unfriendly because we don't socialize the way you do in your country.

The differences in cultures and norms are what makes each of us unique. If someone wants to emigrant to somewhere exactly like home, they should just remain at home or at least emigrant with the full acceptance that they are going to a new country where the customs are different and adjust.

Last edited by Rete; May 12th 2011 at 1:45 pm.
Old May 12th 2011, 1:50 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm an American married to a Canadian and we live in the US. What you are saying xxdb is correct both in Canada and in the US and personally I don't see anything wrong with it nor does my husband. I don't want people just ringing my door bell and expecting me to be willing to give up my plans or free time so that I can sit and shoot the bull with them. Good friends or neighbors or acquaintances don't need appointments to visit as you call them, but they should have the courtesy to call ahead and ask if I would like a bit of company before venturing over for a drop in. Most like to plan our visits with friends and even family since our lives and schedules are so full with daily living.

Most of us don't have the luxury of being home 24/7. We work, have outside interests, and need to cook for the family or just ourselves or just relish have a few hours of alone time in the evenings to unwind. Since most of us (generalization I know) don't consider sitting at a bar a part of our daily lives or even having a drink at home a part of our daily lives, it is presumptuous for immigrants to either of our countries to assume we are unfriendly because we don't socialize the way you do in your country.

The differences in cultures and norms are what makes each of us unique. If someone wants to emigrant to somewhere exactly like home, they should just remain at home or at least emigrant with the full acceptance that they are going to a new country where the customs are different and adjust.
I don't so much miss friends just popping round my house at any time day or night. I agree a phone call before hand is good so I am at least free to sit down and have a good natter.
What I miss is just calling a friend and saying 'do you want to meet me down the pub tonight for a drink and a chat'.
I find that here in NS, a night out requires weeks of planning. Nobody wants to go downtown as it's a 20 minute drive and the nearest pub to my house is a 10 minute drive.
I haven't had a proper 'girls night out drinking, dancing and having fun' since summer 2009!
I have had a social life since then but it's been couples and families around someones house.
Sometimes I just want a girls night without the men and kids!
Old May 12th 2011, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

yeah it isnt that is doesnt work,you find it quite difficult at first.But you do get use to it.But when you first move to Canada it feels very lonely,compared to the hectic social life most Brits are use to.
Old May 12th 2011, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lorry1
I don't so much miss friends just popping round my house at any time day or night. I agree a phone call before hand is good so I am at least free to sit down and have a good natter.
What I miss is just calling a friend and saying 'do you want to meet me down the pub tonight for a drink and a chat'.
I find that here in NS, a night out requires weeks of planning. Nobody wants to go downtown as it's a 20 minute drive and the nearest pub to my house is a 10 minute drive.
I haven't had a proper 'girls night out drinking, dancing and having fun' since summer 2009!
I have had a social life since then but it's been couples and families around someones house.
yeah i agree !!!! I have got use to that call before you come round thing too. But yeah a night out is a big planning thing,and you cant just get on the phone.......i miss that too. I miss picking the phone up and saying "are you coming round for a coffee and a chat?" or a nice cold beer in the garden on hot days........oh just thinking about it !!!!!!
Old May 12th 2011, 2:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
And you think red tape there is bad!!
Having experienced red tape in both countries, Canada is by far the worst.

You queue at the government run post office to buy stamps. You pay tax on the stamps you buy from the government to the government that sells you the stamps. Someone behind the scenes records the two payments and transfers the tax element, while someone else receives the record of the transfer of the tax portion of the stamps. But it's all the same government.

Everyone completes a tax return every year. The tax that they failed to collect accurately throughout the year means that a refund has to be issued. It can be so complicated that businesses exist solely to deal with it.

You pay purchase taxes...only to get some back as a refund dpending on what's on your tax return. Is it taken into account with the annual tax bill/refund? Nope. Four separate refund payments each year.

Electricity rates go up but the province decides to negate that increase for the year. It was 8%.

The power company could have told the provincial gov how much income residential consumption generated and they could have handed over the 8% excpected. Or as monthly accounts were prepared, they could have totted up all the 8 percents and billed the government so one payment was made.

Instead, they decided that everyone should pay the increases and save up a year's worth of bills. So several hundred thousand bill payers were to save 12 bills, mail them off to the province where an army of staff had to total them all, work out 8% and mail refund cheques to a few hundred thousand people. Inevitably some of those will go missing and inevitably there will be some falsely claiming not to have received them. So the whole thing needs administration and investigation whenthe power company computer could easily identify that 8%

Property tax. The province bills you for your property tax. It charges whatever rate applies. If you live in the property you then get half of it rebated. So why not just rate it on half the amount and not have a rebate system?

Not just dog licences, but cat licences too.

Prescriptions. Not free. But the plans involve the patient making some sort of payment. The pharmacies are administering the receipt of two payments instead of one. The costs are tax deductible so they complicate tax returns further. Someone is administering all the payments into these plans and administering all the payments made on them. If you have no coverage and the drugs costs become unmanageable, the provinces have programs to assist, so the gov ends up paying anyway. But the admin of the scheme is ridiculous. And the pharmacy now has two payment sources to administer instead of none.

If the federal tax department suspends your child benefits because they want to investigate something, not only are you without your child benefit, they ask you to pay some back; taking the view that there is no current award so some of what you had was wrongly paid. When they sort it out they have to reinstate it all and pay you back what you paid them back.

Then, months later, when it's all sorted and it's back in payment, the provinical tax department decides to do the same thing. Even though the matter has already been resolved. Most probably by tax workers in the same bloody building You know this because the letter has come from the same address as the previous one and it's the same one you gave all the information to in the first place.

This has happened to several BE people.
Old May 12th 2011, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Having experienced red tape in both countries, Canada is by far the worst.

You queue at the government run post office to buy stamps. You pay tax on the stamps you buy from the government to the government that sells you the stamps. Someone behind the scenes records the two payments and transfers the tax element, while someone else receives the record of the transfer of the tax portion of the stamps. But it's all the same government.

Everyone completes a tax return every year. The tax that they failed to collect accurately throughout the year means that a refund has to be issued. It can be so complicated that businesses exist solely to deal with it.

You pay purchase taxes...only to get some back as a refund dpending on what's on your tax return. Is it taken into account with the annual tax bill/refund? Nope. Four separate refund payments each year.

Electricity rates go up but the province decides to negate that increase for the year. It was 8%.

The power company could have told the provincial gov how much income residential consumption generated and they could have handed over the 8% excpected. Or as monthly accounts were prepared, they could have totted up all the 8 percents and billed the government so one payment was made.

Instead, they decided that everyone should pay the increases and save up a year's worth of bills. So several hundred thousand bill payers were to save 12 bills, mail them off to the province where an army of staff had to total them all, work out 8% and mail refund cheques to a few hundred thousand people. Inevitably some of those will go missing and inevitably there will be some falsely claiming not to have received them. So the whole thing needs administration and investigation whenthe power company computer could easily identify that 8%

Property tax. The province bills you for your property tax. It charges whatever rate applies. If you live in the property you then get half of it rebated. So why not just rate it on half the amount and not have a rebate system?

Not just dog licences, but cat licences too.

Prescriptions. Not free. But the plans involve the patient making some sort of payment. The pharmacies are administering the receipt of two payments instead of one. The costs are tax deductible so they complicate tax returns further. Someone is administering all the payments into these plans and administering all the payments made on them. If you have no coverage and the drugs costs become unmanageable, the provinces have programs to assist, so the gov ends up paying anyway. But the admin of the scheme is ridiculous. And the pharmacy now has two payment sources to administer instead of none.

If the federal tax department suspends your child benefits because they want to investigate something, not only are you without your child benefit, they ask you to pay some back; taking the view that there is no current award so some of what you had was wrongly paid. When they sort it out they have to reinstate it all and pay you back what you paid them back.

Then, months later, when it's all sorted and it's back in payment, the provinical tax department decides to do the same thing. Even though the matter has already been resolved. Most probably by tax workers in the same bloody building You know this because the letter has come from the same address as the previous one and it's the same one you gave all the information to in the first place.

This has happened to several BE people.
Wow, at least you get Tax rebates. I've had 1 rebate in 24 years! You don't even get an acknowledgement that their in the wrong here. e.g the child tax credit system, a total and utter shambles. Although, I've had 'advisors' on the other end of the phone apologising for the incomprehensible way that payments are worked out. The CSS was in such dissarray that the Govt disbanded it and are 'trying' to set up a new system. I guess all Govt's have there foibles! And i'm all for pet licences of at least $1000 per animal! lol
Old May 12th 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to behold

Most of us don't have the luxury of being home 24/7. We work, have outside interests, and need to cook for the family or just ourselves or just relish having a few hours of alone time in the evenings to unwind. Since most of us (generalization I know) don't consider sitting at a bar a part of our daily lives or even having a drink at home a part of our daily lives, it is presumptuous for immigrants to either of our countries to assume we are unfriendly because we don't socialize the way you do in your country.

I think I agree with your point, certainly regarding appointments. If a friend suddenly arrived I would not pretend to be out or keep them waiting on the doorstep. That's just rude, whether it's part of one's culture or not.

I have had this happen to me where a friend has turned up at an inconvenient time and I've just been upfront. In some cases telling a porky but never just ignored them. It may seem socially awkward at times, but never as bad as if they know you're at home when they call.

Emigrating to a new place does involve tolerance of difference but at what point do we disregard things that are just plain rude or socially dysfunctional in any culture? I've noticed that there are very few manners in Vancouver especially on the road. You let someone in and you get no thanks. Open the door for someone and it's rare to get any acknowledgement. I will still do courteous things for others as I was brought up to show respect and gratitude to others, but expect the same in return in any civilized place (and consider Canada to qualify as such). Failure to show this kind of courtesy is not a culture thing - it's plain rude and ignorant.
Old May 12th 2011, 4:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Now we agree on the girls' night out but not on what to do on a girls' night out. I wouldn't feel comfortable in a situation where there is dancing and drinking without having my husband around. I'm fine with the drinking part but not with the dancing part. Go figure ;-)

However, I can, and do, call up friends and ask if they would like to go shopping that evening and stop for coffee and desert or would like to hop out for a quick bit for dinner.

Mandatory if you want to keep your sanity

Last edited by Rete; May 12th 2011 at 4:23 pm.
Old May 12th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to beholdcanadian_critic is a splendid one to behold

Just reading your response more fully, and I need to say I find Americans highly polite and courteous. Cross the US border and rudeness on the road seems to be exclusively a Canadian thing. Witness some crazy driving or self-centredness and the first thing I do is check the plate. 9 times out of 10 it's a Canadian.

Go to a place like LA where it's reputed for being discourteous, and I find the exact opposite. People accommodate others on the road and drive sensibly, albeit fast. Acts of courtesy rarely fail to get acknowledged, whereas in Vancouver it's the exact opposite. Try and change lanes in Canada and people in the other lanes bust their balls to close any gap to stop you doing so. Then act like a psychopaths if you're more insistent.

This is not just a cultural thing either - it's just self-centred ignorance. Yes we have that in Britain too, but it tends to be certain parts only. Perhaps the same here as I'm only talking about Vancouver area, where people are pretty uptight.
Old May 12th 2011, 4:21 pm
Concierge

I think I agree with your point, certainly regarding appointments. If a friend suddenly arrived I would not pretend to be out or keep them waiting on the doorstep. That's just rude, whether it's part of one's culture or not.

I have had this happen to me where a friend has turned up at an inconvenient time and I've just been upfront. In some cases telling a porky but never just ignored them. It may seem socially awkward at times, but never as bad as if they know you're at home when they call.
I would never do that either. If it does happen, which it has on the rare occasion, I've not asked them to have a seat and get comfortable but instead state they have caught me at a bad time for visiting as I'm cooking, need to make important calls, whatever and have suggested another time, i.e. stop over tomorrow evening for coffee or a glass of wine.

Emigrating to a new place does involve tolerance of difference but at what point do we disregard things that are just plain rude or socially dysfunctional in any culture? I've noticed that there are very few manners in Vancouver especially on the road. You let someone in and you get no thanks. Open the door for someone and it's rare to get any acknowledgement. I will still do courteous things for others as I was brought up to show respect and gratitude to others, but expect the same in return in any civilized place (and consider Canada to qualify as such). Failure to show this kind of courtesy is not a culture thing - it's plain rude and ignorant.

Yes and no about it being a cultural thing. Both Canada and the US are made up of foreigns ... meant that nicely folks. These new residents have brought their own culture, prejudices, bias, ill-manners, etc. along with them. On top of that there are the generations following the "liberation" of women and the discarding of male/female courtesies which you speak of. Being of an older generation, I do thank a man for holding a door for me, or letting me on or off the elevator first but yet I don't expect him to open car doors for me. I like to use manners and common sense when dealing with others. I, too, let the occasional driver ahead of me and when it is extended to me, I will wave a thank you. My husband, the Canuck, says the poor driving behavior of Canadian residences today is due to foreigners to his country. I don't completely agree with that sentiment.

Last edited by Rete; May 12th 2011 at 4:25 pm.
Old May 12th 2011, 4:34 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I would never do that either. If it does happen, which it has on the rare occasion, I've not asked them to have a seat and get comfortable but instead state they have caught me at a bad time for visiting as I'm cooking, need to make important calls, whatever and have suggested another time, i.e. stop over tomorrow evening for coffee or a glass of wine.

Yes and no about it being a cultural thing. Both Canada and the US are made up of foreigns ... meant that nicely folks. These new residents have brought their own culture, prejudices, bias, ill-manners, etc. along with them. On top of that there are the generations following the "liberation" of women and the discarding of male/female courtesies which you speak of. Being of an older generation, I do thank a man for holding a door for me, or letting me on or off the elevator first but yet I don't expect him to open car doors for me. I like to use manners and common sense when dealing with others. I, too, let the occasion driver ahead of me and when it is extended to me, I will wave a thank you. My husband, the Canuck, says the poor driving behavior of Canadian residences today is due to foreigners to his country. I don't completely agree with that sentiment.
I find the whole door opening thing different here (compared to the US). I still feel as though I am being impolite if I don't open the door for a woman or let her go through first, but I realize that is not the norm so much in the UK any more - in fact there are some who see it as "patronizing to women".

So sometimes I have to fight my impulse to be "gentlemanly" and just open the door and walk through myself (because if I don't, we end up in this weird situation where the woman stands there as if to say "Well, you've got the door open, aren't you going to go through?"). The part I find odd is this: I'll generally hold the door open for whomever I'm walking with (male or female), but I don't think once have I experienced a female colleague opening the door for me.

I had a weird gender situation in the States, though, too. Walking into a room with four "women" who I knew, and I greeted them with "Morning, ladies". The response from one was a haughty "What did you call us?" and we got into this stupid discussion of "We don't call you Lords" - the implication being that "Ladies" was an anachronistic, feudal/patronizing term. When I explained that "Ladies" goes with "Gentlemen" and I wouldn't mind being referred to as a Gentleman, things calmed down a little. It's anti-sexism gone mad, I tell you. Why can't we just get along??
Old May 12th 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Just reading your response more fully, and I need to say I find Americans highly polite and courteous. Cross the US border and rudeness on the road seems to be exclusively a Canadian thing. Witness some crazy driving or self-centredness and the first thing I do is check the plate. 9 times out of 10 it's a Canadian.

Go to a place like LA where it's reputed for being discourteous, and I find the exact opposite. People accommodate others on the road and drive sensibly, albeit fast. Acts of courtesy rarely fail to get acknowledged, whereas in Vancouver it's the exact opposite. Try and change lanes in Canada and people in the other lanes bust their balls to close any gap to stop you doing so. Then act like a psychopaths if you're more insistent.

This is not just a cultural thing either - it's just self-centred ignorance. Yes we have that in Britain too, but it tends to be certain parts only. Perhaps the same here as I'm only talking about Vancouver area, where people are pretty uptight.
Same in New York City, when I drove down there I expected the worst but drivers were far more polite than in say Toronto. They knew the traffic was congested and made allowances. I have lost count of the amount of times in Canada I have had people shaking their fists at me because I chose to drive at the speed limit. The general rule seems to be to get from a to b as casually as possible and in any lane, at any speed you want.
Old May 12th 2011, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

I like holding doors open for Women, helping them out and treating them differently to men, I think I must be living in the wrong era....

Last edited by Englishman43; May 12th 2011 at 5:11 pm.
Old May 12th 2011, 5:35 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
Wow, at least you get Tax rebates. I've had 1 rebate in 24 years!
But you're just getting back what you shouldn't have paid in the first place. And the puchase tax rebates could be tacked on to child benefits instead (personal allowances for the childless)

You don't even get an acknowledgement that their in the wrong here. e.g the child tax credit system, a total and utter shambles.
That's because the government took the responsibility of paying it away from a benefit paying department used to paying benefits and gave it to a department not used to paying benefits and they couldn't handle it.

Although, I've had 'advisors' on the other end of the phone apologising
I had an apology from CIC after they made a series of errors on my Sponsorship/PR application. Sadly they didn't see fit to correct the errors, meaning I had to pay all fees (including medical ones) twice and wait three years for what was supposed to be 6 months.

The UK Civil Service has a system of compensation payments when errors have resulted in a loss. And they have to justify what they did or put it right when they get an MP enquiry. Here I got a stock letter advising the normal procedure instead of addressing how they cocked up and what they were going to do about it (nothing).

The CSS was in such dissarray that the Govt disbanded it and are 'trying' to set up a new system. I guess all Govt's have there foibles!
I take it you mean the CSA...only set up because the government underfunded (what was) DSS the body originally responsible for collecting maintenance, so that staff responsible for collecting it were constantantly diverted to benefit paying areas. The maintenance collection was neglected so they spent even more than was saved and still messed it up.

That's not a foible, it's gross incompetence. Maybe they learned something fron Canada.

And i'm all for pet licences of at least $1000 per animal! lol
I'm still getting used to the idea of cats on a leash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.