British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

lf1 Apr 14th 2015 5:44 am

Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by fulwood (Post 11618300)
Where is Dunrovin'? On one of his US university dos? Not seen anything from him in awhile. Hope all is okay.

I have been wondering the same thing too.

Celticspirit Apr 14th 2015 4:24 pm

Whatever happened to Windsong? Did she eventually make it back to the UK with her animals?

fulwood Apr 14th 2015 5:03 pm

No not yet though long time since we have been in touch. She seems to go underground for a while and then reemerge.

cheers Apr 14th 2015 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by fulwood (Post 11618300)
Where is Dunrovin'? On one of his US university dos? Not seen anything from him in awhile. Hope all is okay.

He was in a motor accident and because of his injuries he hasn't been able to spent very much time online.

NiHao Apr 14th 2015 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 11618859)
He was in a motor accident and because of his injuries he hasn't been able to spent very much time online.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending all good wishes to Dunrovin for a full and speedy recovery!

Fish n Chips 56 Apr 14th 2015 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by NiHao (Post 11618893)
I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending all good wishes to Dunrovin for a full and speedy recovery!

Same here, Dunrovin is a good Bloke...

Celticspirit Apr 14th 2015 9:33 pm

I hope she emerges in the UK safe and sound.

BEVS Apr 14th 2015 9:38 pm

Oh no. :(

I do hope he is well on the road to a full recovery and not feeling too uncomfy.

He is one of BE's best, is our very own Dunrovin. :nod:

Anyone in touch , please pass on my best wishes to him.

Thanks

jasper123 Apr 14th 2015 10:37 pm

Oh how terrible, if you are in contact with him please send him my best regards and that I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Jerseygirl Apr 14th 2015 11:58 pm

I was very sorry to hear about the accident. I have opened a thread for well wishes here...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/rover.../#post11619131

Fish n Chips 56 Apr 16th 2015 5:30 am

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 11616471)
Hi Cheers and everyone else too!

Spring is sprung here in Yorkshire - the daffs are out, the trees are budding, and the fields are filled with tiny little lambs. It's been quite a cold, windy winter up here in the hills, so I'm really enjoying the sunshine and warm weather we've been having.

I saw the discussion on British TV shows - if you can find it, I recommend Gogglebox. It's a reality TV show about regular families watching TV. Sounds rubbish I know, but not only is it hilarious, but those who are homesick will get to enjoy British humour and have a good old snoop into some British homes. Here's a taster.
Nigella on Gogglebox - YouTube

Hello Sally.

I didnt think this was up my street and was sure my wife would say "Turn it off" we watched a recent episode a few nights ago and was laughing along with these people, tonight we watched another episode, its a different kinda show but another one to add to my list, Thanks...

Fish n Chips 56 Apr 16th 2015 3:37 pm

So it takes watching Gogglebox to find out they have made a new series of "The Thunderbirds", it was my favorite show as a kid, the new one looks F.A.B.

Most Americans have never seen the original show, I showed it to my in laws at Christmas and they really loved it...

Nothing beats the original but the new show is pretty good, I hope someone posts them on You Tube.

jasper123 Apr 17th 2015 11:11 pm

Sally thanks for posting the gogglebox clips, I saw the show advertised and thought it would be a lot of old rubbish, but I watched your clips of the beautiful sexy TV chef Nigella and looking at all those reactions from the folk at home and thought it very funny, and then I watched another of your clips of the young man with a bad stutter and the mood changed, but was wonderful, I was looking at myself as a young teenager, my stutter through out my childhood was as bad as his, a child head doctor treated me for years and I finally found my voice too just like him!!!! but it took a long long time, anyway thanks.

sallysimmons Apr 18th 2015 8:49 pm

You're welcome guys. I never watch reality TV and thought I would hate it too, but it's my absolute favourite show now. I've told all my friends about it and now they all watch too. I don't know why it works so well, but it does.

There's an American version called The People's Couch which is available on Youtube. It's not bad, but somehow it doesn't have the charm of the British version.

PS: Has anyone mentioned Ordinary Lies? I'm really enjoying that.

Fish n Chips 56 Apr 19th 2015 3:14 am

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 11622182)
You're welcome guys. I never watch reality TV and thought I would hate it too, but it's my absolute favourite show now. I've told all my friends about it and now they all watch too. I don't know why it works so well, but it does.

There's an American version called The People's Couch which is available on Youtube. It's not bad, but somehow it doesn't have the charm of the British version.

PS: Has anyone mentioned Ordinary Lies? I'm really enjoying that.

Oh Yes Ordinary Lies, I just love it, The episodes dont get posted fast enough for me, LOL... to anyone interested, Youve got to watch it from Episode 1, its a series that builds

Ive seen 4 so far, episodes 1,3 and 4 were the best.