British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

Fish n Chips 56 Mar 7th 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 10589850)
I haven't had a bath in many years. :

OMG, you dirty Bugger.........:)

Your Birthday is coming up....

Fish n Chips 56 Mar 7th 2013 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by aries (Post 10589767)
I don't now have a shower curtain either, they are awful clingy things.

I have a glass panel 42" long and then an open doorway. The only thing I don't like about trays is that they seem to become very slippery after using hair conditioner. Could be mine to blame, I don't know, so I've needed to put down two shower mats. I didn't need these with my tiled shower in Adelaide.

Does anyone else have this problem using a tray?

Maybe you could install some nice looking grab bars...

aries Mar 7th 2013 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 10589889)

I have two . . . :)

aries Mar 7th 2013 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 10589850)
I haven't had a bath in many years. Showers only for us.
We were planning to rip out the huge deep tub with the shower over when we get to UK, Shorty me can't even climb in without sitting on the cold porcelain it's so deep. filling it for a bath would cost a fortune, Dd nearly broke her neck in it when she was 4, it's nice and shiny, she stood up for me to get her out and went flying off to the other end so a pretty dangerous one. So we plan a nice large shower in it's place, easier for us when we age too, big enough for a shower chair if needed, and no banged head when leg shaving :lol:

I used to have a shower chair in Oz, but here I've bought a shower stool instead. Really handy and adequate at the present time, but my shower alcove is easily big enough for a chair if the need arises. :thumbup:

WhoFan63 Mar 7th 2013 3:48 pm

I cheat and use the shower tray to make sure the bottom of my feet are clean..roflamo. So I hold onto the shower rail and use the soapy bottom of the tray to buff my heals...lol

J.JsOH Mar 7th 2013 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by happyglow (Post 10587430)
Ah yes: "Don't fix stupid, fix the world". Ooh, I'll just balance this electric fire on the edge of the bath, and after that I'll have seventeen beers and go for a drive. What could possibly go wrong? :confused:

That's evolution !!

jasper123 Mar 7th 2013 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 10589889)

we have a walk in shower with sliding glass doors, well the actual shower fitting broke yesterday, so needed to install new shower head and hosing, we know a man who does all this type of work very well and only charges us for the fittings and half his usual rate for labour, we have known him for years, so he charged £75 altogether for buying and fitting a compleat shower :)

windsong Mar 7th 2013 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by jasper123 (Post 10590116)
we have a walk in shower with sliding glass doors, well the actual shower fitting broke yesterday, so needed to install new shower head and hosing, we know a man who does all this type of work very well and only charges us for the fittings and half his usual rate for labour, we have known him for years, so he charged £75 altogether for buying and fitting a compleat shower :)

Oh my gosh!!! I don't know exactly how much that would cost in the USA but I know it would be a LOT more than that!!

Mummy in the foothills Mar 7th 2013 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56 (Post 10589881)
OMG, you dirty Bugger.........:)

Your Birthday is coming up....

:lol: Yes and Yes.

Mummy in the foothills Mar 7th 2013 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by WhoFan63 (Post 10589956)
I cheat and use the shower tray to make sure the bottom of my feet are clean..roflamo. So I hold onto the shower rail and use the soapy bottom of the tray to buff my heals...lol

You need one of these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KFl2g5DOUk

WhoFan63 Mar 7th 2013 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 10590732)

OMG that's awesome :) thanks for that :):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Now I have to see if they're still available and from where.

Just checked the web site and yep they're still available :D

Lorna at Vicenza Mar 7th 2013 8:45 pm

I'm just asking myself if I love you ........... or if all this talk of how to shower is my future.

I'm taking notes.

Carry on .....................
Lorna xxx

jasper123 Mar 7th 2013 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by windsong (Post 10590476)
Oh my gosh!!! I don't know exactly how much that would cost in the USA but I know it would be a LOT more than that!!

Yep and the whole shower head/hose unit is all made of nice shiny chrome, the old one that was replaced today was 25 years old, so it was time!!!!
Cant wait to try it out in the morning :)
Ive not had a bath for a good 40 years :eek: :o ;)
So me thinks Im a dirty bugger too Fish :D

feelbritish Mar 7th 2013 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 10590732)

I don't shop online so if anyone finds this in one of the retailers, let us know:fingerscrossed:

WhoFan63 Mar 7th 2013 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by feelbritish (Post 10590899)
I don't shop online so if anyone finds this in one of the retailers, let us know:fingerscrossed:

I always check out Walgreen's, because no matter how it says 'not available in stores' I've found a lot of things I've seen on the TV or the Internet in there..LOL. :rofl: