British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/over-40s-moving-back-catching-up-701116/)

chriswinter May 1st 2011 5:32 pm

Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9336389)
Those of you Facebook account holders will be pleased to know there is a new group called:

Princess Beatrice's ridiculous Royal Wedding hat

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Bee...just went to that FB page and found a link to this...:rofl:
The Royal Portal!! A real close-up of the most talked about hat evidently.
http://www.thenetwerk.com/games/2011...-royal-portal/

sallysimmons May 1st 2011 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9336371)
Maybe Camilla feels the vibes from everybody as she knows she is not the most popular member of the family, though people have mellowed to her over the years it will never be forgotten that she was the 3rd person in the marriage of Charles and Diana.

It's hard to feel sorry for any of those uber-wealthy people, but I always felt a little bit of sympathy for her and Charles, and never got the resentment against her. It was obvious he was forced into marrying Diana because it was 'the done thing' when he loved someone else. And I imagine Diana was awful to be married to (sorry don't accept the myths about that woman). But finally, Camilla and Charles got to be together and surely theirs was the true love story? Now what she saw in him? That's a complete mystery to me :lol:

chriswinter May 1st 2011 5:36 pm

But I do have to say....that I getting a slight more than just aggravated with some of my FB friends with their negative comments about the Royal Wedding and Kate's wedding gown...:frown:
Soooo...have had to put on my Brit-Hat :thumbsup: when commenting back on FB!!

Just goes to show some of my FB American friends wouldn't know 'classy' if it hit them square between the eyes..:blink:

Chris

Beedubya May 1st 2011 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by sallysimmons (Post 9336439)
It's hard to feel sorry for any of those uber-wealthy people, but I always felt a little bit of sympathy for her and Charles, and never got the resentment against her. It was obvious he was forced into marrying Diana because it was 'the done thing' when he loved someone else. And I imagine Diana was awful to be married to (sorry don't accept the myths about that woman). But finally, Camilla and Charles got to be together and surely theirs was the true love story? Now what she saw in him? That's a complete mystery to me :lol:

Charles should never have married a young innocent girl like Diana, it was very wrong of him. And I do believe she really did love him (but a mystery why to me too ;)).

I suppose times have changed so much in the Royal Family at one time there is no way he would have been allowed to marry a divorced woman, but there you go, 20 odd years later it is OK.

If it had been allowed back in 1981 the whole Royal Family saga would be very different, but then we wouldn't have had the charming Wills marrying his lovely princess on Friday.

Beedubya May 1st 2011 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by chriswinter (Post 9336443)
But I do have to say....that I getting a slight more than just aggravated with some of my FB friends with their negative comments about the Royal Wedding and Kate's wedding gown...:frown:
Soooo...have had to put on my Brit-Hat :thumbsup: when commenting back on FB!!

Just goes to show some of my FB American friends wouldn't know 'classy' if it hit them square between the eyes..:blink:

Chris

You tell ém Chris, and also tell them the first copy wedding dress went on sale in the USA on Friday night!!!! :lol:

Englishman43 May 1st 2011 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9335458)
OK Doctor Martin is over now. It was the episode of his day to get married. Enough said.

What season of Doc Martin are they on now ? - sorry to break up the wedding banter !! :)

Gabgoeshome May 1st 2011 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Englishman43 (Post 9336515)
What season of Doc Martin are they on now ? - sorry to break up the wedding banter !! :)

Here in IN we are only on the first ...hope they don't just stop it ~as that always seems to happen .

It is not even on tonight :(

cheers May 1st 2011 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Englishman43 (Post 9336515)

Google it.
They are getting ready to start filming again.

sallysimmons May 1st 2011 7:09 pm

I think there were 4 seasons of Doc Martin and they're about to shoot number 5.

dunroving May 1st 2011 7:41 pm

Apparently, Pippa Middleton's bum now has its own Facebook fan page.

Beedubya May 1st 2011 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 9336643)
Apparently, Pippa Middleton's bum now has its own Facebook fan page.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have seen her dress described as derriere skimming. :lol:

windsong May 1st 2011 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by bandrui (Post 9332936)
Have you heard about this EU ban on herbal medicine? This has been in the works for some time and is something we need to be very concerned about.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/eu_herbal_me...2251836&v=8982

This is a part of Codex Alimentarius, a global effort backed by Big Pharma to outlaw natural medicines. There has been much talk about it here, including the powers that will be given to authorities to levy steep fines on ordinary citizens. Scary.

http://www.anh-europe.org/campaigns/codex

Britain has a deep history in herbal medicinals and natural remedies. It would be a real travesty to see this outlawed.

I agree with you. This should be an outrage! Even the Royal Family uses homeopathy (a bit different from herbals).

windsong May 1st 2011 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9332958)
Midnight here and I have been watching the build up on Fox who are relaying British Sky TV. Very exciting! Been watching for 2 hours at this point. I hope I can stick with it.

I'm actually jumping between BBC News Channel on the net and Sky on TV and I feel really lucky to watch everything.

If you are up check out Fox TV for coverage.

I stayed up all night - exhausted the next day, though.

I was a bit disappointed in her dress. It was lovely but I expected something more for a queen in the making. It was very elegant, though, and reminded me of Grace Kelly's dress.

windsong May 1st 2011 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9333028)
Yes I just heard that too, have you tried getting it online, I am sure I saw somewhere there was live coverage on BBC online!!

YES it is I just checked with the television and the computer - BOTH EXACTLY THE SAME - go Linda!!!

I watched it all online. It allowed me to take snapshots.

They look like such a devoted couple. Let's hope it stays that way ;)

windsong May 1st 2011 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 9333056)
Oooh lovely Linda, so glad you are getting it live, I am watching ITV AND BBC just flicking and am just loving the trees in Westminster Abbey as the first guests are shown in.

Just think they have to sit there for the next 2 and a half hours, let's hope the seats are comfy LOL!! :eek:

Gees! I had no idea everyone would be on this forum at the time of the roual wedding!! I would have been here :rofl::rofl: