australian people

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 1:28 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: australian people

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
By the sounds of it i've obviously got more of a life than you right now.

If you love the UK so much and detest Australia & have no intention of living there, why are you so set on obtaining citizenship?
Well you are one nosey sod arn't you!!!!

Like i said before, i couldn't give a shite about citizenship...but there are 5 of us in our family and 4 of them want it. So because i'm such a nice person i am hanging around for it, for them.

So get your facts right MR before you start slating those you don't know nothing about.

Oh, by the way i don't detest OZ. I just prefer the UK. Got a problem with that????
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:21 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

By the sounds of it i've obviously got more of a life than you right now.

If you love the UK so much and detest Australia & have no intention of living there, why are you so set on obtaining citizenship?
Excuse me but who the hell are you too question someone else??

Rachel has a very active life over here always out and about i know because she is a friend of mine dont judge her you dont know her!!!

Not everyone with Austrlian citzeinship stays in Australia same as not all people with British citzenship stay in Britain!!

kezx
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Quote as many figures as you like. I'd rather pay a bit more tax in the UK (if that is what I do) and earn more, have holidays and be able to have a bit of dosh to put in the bank each month than pay 6% less tax and live like a pauper in Oz
Very well said, couldn't agree more
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Cam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Quote as many figures as you like. I'd rather pay a bit more tax in the UK (if that is what I do) and earn more, have holidays and be able to have a bit of dosh to put in the bank each month than pay 6% less tax and live like a pauper in Oz
If you'd bothered to read the post I was replying to...

Originally Posted by Exile
This just about says it all. Have you really done any research? If you think you'll pay less (tax) in Australia you are seriously deluded.
...you'd see that I was just correcting somebody else's misinformation. It's a bit hypocritcal for Exile to criticize someone for not doing any research when he obviously hasn't done any himself.

And by the way, it's not 6% less tax paid - the reduction in tax is 5.9 percentage points, which is 15.8% less tax paid. So for every £1,000 you pay in the UK you'd pay £842 in Australia (on average).

And no, I'm not an accountant.

Last edited by Cam1977; Jun 2nd 2007 at 9:30 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:29 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by socialgal
Why are you aggressive?????
Why do you respond to a post with patronising comment stating (and I quote) "The Bleeding Obvious"?

Indeed, why so many question marks? I can understand to implication of one, there is no need for more.

Add something to the debate, please.

<commentary>
Now, people of the "Moving back to the UK" forum, I understand that my line of questioning may, indeed, be similar to that of the fabled 'troll' ... but, trust me on this, I do have a point and if you read back the posts it is clear.

I am not here to peeve people off just to point out that, as I stated earlier ... I ****ing hate generalising.

To open the thread with the title "Australian People" is just asking for trouble ... it implies "All Australian People" to me ... am I wrong? Do you care? Will these ultimately redundant words be lost in the midsts of time?

Yes.
</commentary>
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:31 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Exile
I nominate this for the understatement of the year.

You have undermined your own argument by agreeing to this generalization. After which, it is just a matter of degree, perception, or sensitivity to the matter in question.

Nobody is saying ALL Australians are like this, but there are certain traits that are characteristic of, but not exclusive to, groups of people who grew up and were socialized in certain places. They are in part the product of a shared historical and cultural development unique to that environment.

Long live the generalization.
I shall look forward to collecting "Understatement Of The Year" at this year's Forum Posters Awards.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 1:19 pm
Banned

lovingit is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course you're going to post a response like that & most if not all your fellow bloggers on here will toast to your defensive response because you're all so unhappy with your Aussie lives I can understand that. Those who are happy obviously on the Australia forum.

Because I have an opinion it doesn't mean I am a nasty/rude individual. Your mannerism is exactly what I am refering to when I say the majority of Brits these days are so negative in there outlook in life, not only that, living in the UK you get shot down in flames if you dare disagree with somebody elses opinion (your response is a prime example).

You state that you have lived in Oz previously, in which case you would of been ofae with the fact that they are different from Europe and they are straight talking people before going back would you not?
As for not being able to afford to come back? If you work out your living costs before emigrating you know that moving back here, buying a house and having an equal standard of living as you do in Oz is going to be extremely difficult. Im sorry but that is a known fact.

As for me? I've lived & worked in Canada for some time, I went there on my own & had to find a job, somewhere to live and make new friends off my own back. I made me skint and it looked like I would have to come home not long after I arrived, but I didn't. If you have a dream then you persevere.
Like I said i've travelled around Aussie and NZ and i'm familiar with the people, there's good and bad anywhere.

Danny B commented that it sometimes takes a move to the other side of the world to realise how much you miss your family. I think this comment speaks for itself.

Apologies if you take offense at what I have said but if you wish to take citizenship so as to keep the door open if you wish to return in the future, I find that contradictory and no wonder it's so difficult for those of us who genuinely want to reside there, to get in.
I agree with you..let them go home. Oz is Oz if you are not happy here don't blame Oz and all its down sides...its YOU that are not happy...but you are doing the right thing by going home if your not happy here...its one less moaner to listen too!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lovingit
I agree with you..let them go home. Oz is Oz if you are not happy here don't blame Oz and all its down sides...its YOU that are not happy...but you are doing the right thing by going home if your not happy here...its one less moaner to listen too!!!!!
If you are ever in that situation you won't find anyone to talk, or who would want to listen, to so actually I don't think much moaning does go in in the real world, just on here, where there are some like minded people. It can be a very dark and lonely place to be actually.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

There's a word that aptly describes you and its - Nob!

Nice first post btw! lol

From one of the "moaners" (the normal people just know us as people who are looking forward to going back to the UK, a lot of us dont even slate Oz as we think its nice but it just isn't for us at the moment).

Last edited by wafc; Jun 2nd 2007 at 3:23 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 3:38 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I shall look forward to collecting "Understatement Of The Year" at this year's Forum Posters Awards.
A round of applause to Mr Vim
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:53 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

This is obviously someone hiding in disguise.!!!! (what a crap first post)

How pathetic
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Why do you respond to a post with patronising comment stating (and I quote) "The Bleeding Obvious"?

Indeed, why so many question marks? I can understand to implication of one, there is no need for more.

Add something to the debate, please.

<commentary>
Now, people of the "Moving back to the UK" forum, I understand that my line of questioning may, indeed, be similar to that of the fabled 'troll' ... but, trust me on this, I do have a point and if you read back the posts it is clear.

I am not here to peeve people off just to point out that, as I stated earlier ... I ****ing hate generalising.

To open the thread with the title "Australian People" is just asking for trouble ... it implies "All Australian People" to me ... am I wrong? Do you care? Will these ultimately redundant words be lost in the midsts of time?

Yes.
</commentary>
Unfortunately, despite your good intentions, you are wasting your time in this forum. This a forum where negativity and moaning run riot, they are not interested in reason or thoughtful argument. Leave them to their misery.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussietobe
Unfortunately, despite your good intentions, you are wasting your time in this forum. This a forum where negativity and moaning run riot, they are not interested in reason or thoughtful argument. Leave them to their misery.
I think its you thats miserable with your own generalising statements that negativity and moaning run riot here! That isn't true at all, sure some people are unhappy with their lives in Oz but not everyone on here is full of misery and negativity! Most people just get annoyed on here when other people, who more often than not haven't even lived in Oz, try to tell us that we are crazy and shouldn't be moving back to the UK and that we're sad for leaving Australia etc! Thats just crap tbh!

I wouldn't exactly class your statement above as "reason or thoughtful argument" either.

I'll now go back to my life of "misery"!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wafc

I'll now go back to my life of "misery"!

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:52 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussietobe
Yes, i am miserable at the moment. My daugther is very sick, pregnant and in fear for her babies life and i am 12,000 miles away. I think thats a valid enough reason to be miserable right now.
Apart from this current crisis in our lives, i am actually very happy and optimistic. I am really looking forward to going home which excites me.
I have enjoyed my world travels which over the last 9yrs have enabled me to live in 3 different countries.
I never left because i hated UK. Never did long term planning as to coming to Aus. We just did it because we could and we felt like it.
I like Sydney. I just dont want to be here anymore.
Overall, i dont like Australian culture and attitudes.

I use this place as my sounding board. A place to let off steam when, just like 100% of the human population, i have a bad day.

What i find incredibly hard to understand is people like you, who instead of getting on with your own life, planning YOUR future and doing what is best for YOU. Instead you, and a few others find some warped sense of amusement or entertainment to dog on other because they do not share your view. What are you frightened of? Frigthened we are pissing on your parade and making you doubt your judgement in moving?
I cant honestly see any other reason as to why you would want to come in here and say things like this.
Tell me. When people on the other forum moan and groan about not getting their visa. Moan about not being able to leave UK as quick as they like. Slag off the UK and generally are having a frustrated time, do you tell them they are moaners and not interested in reasoned debate?

No... thought not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.