australian people

Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: australian people

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
How do you know the likes of myself, cam1977 and aussietobe aren't getting on with our lives? Everybody's entitled to their opion, it's called democracy my dear.

So many people on hear say they don't like the Aussie attitude or way of life, but how many of you moved their without ever visiting before, or did you simply go for a 2 week vacation. When I asked this before (which is a very relevant question) nobody really answered, instead of moaning and swearing, be constructive and answer relevant questions which is what this forum is also for.
Its "there" not "their", perhaps you need to go back to school before you ask that others be moderated!

In answer to your question, I have been to Oz twice, once to my uncle in Melbourne for approx 3 weeks and once to Perth for just over 2 weeks. What that has to do with you though god only knows! That has no relevance to actually living here, how long have you lived in Australia???
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know the likes of myself, cam1977 and aussietobe aren't getting on with our lives? Everybody's entitled to their opion, it's called democracy my dear.

So many people on hear say they don't like the Aussie attitude or way of life, but how many of you moved their without ever visiting before, or did you simply go for a 2 week vacation. When I asked this before (which is a very relevant question) nobody really answered, instead of moaning and swearing, be constructive and answer relevant questions which is what this forum is also for.
We visited Australia twice before we moved here a year ago, and we also have some family living here. Yes we did our research as well, but unless you have actually 'lived' in Australia, you cannot compare it with how many times you have visited, whether you visited for 2 weeks or more - it really is irrelevant as others have said previously.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Originally Posted by wafc
Its "there" not "their", perhaps you need to go back to school before you ask that others be moderated!

In answer to your question, I have been to Oz twice, once to my uncle in Melbourne for approx 3 weeks and once to Perth for just over 2 weeks. What that has to do with you though god only knows! That has no relevance to actually living here, how long have you lived in Australia???
Wow, you guys just can't help yourself can you, insult, insult, insult.

I asked the question you so politely refer to because it is relevant. If you lot bothered to read posts thoroughly before spouting off and getting your knickers in a twist you'd know why I asked the question, the clue is held within it!

I think my spelling mistake is a minor effort compared to your mistake of moving to the otherside of the world. If you have to scrutinise spelling mistakes, you seriously do need to get a life buddy.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

I asked the question you so politely refer to because it is relevant. If you lot bothered to read posts thoroughly before spouting off and getting your knickers in a twist you'd know why I asked the question, the clue is held within it!

I think my spelling mistake is a minor effort compared to your mistake of moving to the otherside of the world. If you have to scrutinise spelling mistakes, you seriously do need to get a life buddy.
Oooh sorry...I meant 'error' not 'effort'...send me to the gallows !
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

lol, that sums you up exactly, you seem to think that me moving to the other side of the world was a mistake! thats where you are totally wrong! Its about time you grew up! Why dont you sod off to the Australia forum? its obvious that nobody here agrees with you or wants to listen to your crap comments, you have never lived in Australia and therefore cannot judge others, until that is the case then you should stop trying to advise others on what you know nothing about!!

lmao, you cant even respond without ruining your own reply!! What a prat!!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Now how is that type of comment in any way constructive?

Just because someone may decide to return to Uk does not necessarily mean moving to Oz was a mistake.
It can be a great success if it makes them appreciate their home country more on their return.

Last edited by birdynumnum; Jun 4th 2007 at 12:16 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wafc
lol, that sums you up exactly, you seem to think that me moving to the other side of the world was a mistake! thats where you are totally wrong! Its about time you grew up! Why dont you sod off to the Australia forum? its obvious that nobody here agrees with you or wants to listen to your crap comments, you have never lived in Australia and therefore cannot judge others, until that is the case then you should stop trying to advise others on what you know nothing about!!

lmao, you cant even respond without ruining your own reply!! What a prat!!

1) I've never lived in Australia? You know that for sure do you ???

2) I can't respond without ruining my own reply? How's that then Einstein?

3) You moving abroad obviously was a mistake otherwise you wouldn' be whining so much otherwise. Do you know what the word contradict means.

4) If I wish to join in the Australian Forum I will ta, if you don't wish to respond to my comments because you don't agree, don't, I don't care, but I shall continue to express my opinion if I so wish
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:41 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

3) You moving abroad obviously was a mistake otherwise you wouldn' be whining so much otherwise. Do you know what the word contradict means.

4) If I wish to join in the Australian Forum I will ta, if you don't wish to respond to my comments because you don't agree, don't, I don't care, but I shall continue to express my opinion if I so wish
I have been reading this thread with interest - Canuck fan can you tell me what your motivation is for posting on this forum - many people on this forum are going through an emotional and stressful periods of their lives - they do not take the difficult and very costly decision of moving back to the UK lightly - this forum is to provide a sounding board and support network for those people. I cannot understand why you continue to post on this thread or forum, I can only assume to antagonise and distress people who are already going through a stressful time in their lives?

Last edited by pommybird; Jun 4th 2007 at 12:46 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Cam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Exile
You sound just like Vash! Are you the Cambridge-educated version, by any chance?

Your suggestion that the tax rate here is 6ppt lower than in the UK is not backed up by meaningful evidence. We should be talking about real incomes (and real people), not GDP. And incomes at levels that would give a migrant with children a decent life here.

This topic has been done to death on the other forum. Even the rose tinters concede that tax is higher here if you earn around $80k or more. That also factors in national insurance contributions in the UK.

You said you're not an accountant. I think that says it all.

And no, I don't think I'm wasting my time here as I'm considering moving back to the UK. What are you here for? Trying to defend Aussie honour?
I think I'm banging my head against a brick wall here, but here goes anyway...

I am not defending anybody or anything. I'm not saying Australia is better than the UK. I'm not saying lower taxation is a good thing. As I said, the UK can only afford the NHS and the BBC because of higher taxation. All I am saying is that it is a matter of FACT that Australians pay less tax than Brits.

Yes, I'm looking at GDP, because that is effectively the total income of all the people in the country. Comparing that with the total taxation receipts gives you the average tax percentage paid by people.

And if you only look at income tax, then okay, the rates are about the same. But Australia gets around 80% of its tax from income tax, while in the UK it's only around 60%. Fuel excise for example is about 51p/l in the UK, while in Australia it's about 15p/l.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

1) You say that you've lived in Canada, you have never mentioned living in Australia which I would imagine you would definitely have mentioned by now, Einstein!! Its obvious that you haven't lived here! lmao

2) You cant respond without ruining your own reply because you wrote "effort" instead of "error", christ if you cant even remember that then there seriously is no hope!!

3) I'm not whining about being abroad mate, I'm whining about you being such a prat! Moving here was not a mistake, even though you'd like to think so!

4) I will continue to continue to respond to your comments as they are so laughable its untrue!! Carry on Bill Bryson!!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pommybird
I have been reading this thread with interest - Canuck fan can you tell me what your motivation is for posting on this forum - many people on this forum are going through an emotional and stressful periods of their lives - they do not take the difficult and very costly decision of moving back to the UK lightly - this forum is to provide a sounding board and support network for those people. I cannot understand why you continue to post on this thread or forum, I can only assume to antagonise and distress people who are already going through a stressful time in their lives?
How am I being antagonistic??? I'm not being aggressive, rude or abusive, unlike a number of participants on here who feel the need to be because I or someone else disagrees with them.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:04 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

How am I being antagonistic??? I'm not being aggressive, rude or abusive, unlike a number of participants on here who feel the need to be because I or someone else disagrees with them.

Maybe not rude and abusive, but yes you are being aggressive and this forum is to provide support for those moving back to the UK how are you doing that?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:09 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: australian people

Everybody's entitled to their opion, it's called democracy my dear.
It looks like Michael Winners turned up on this thread.

How am I being antagonistic???
Originally Posted by Canuck Fan (who has obviously forgotten)
I find British people on the whole unfriendly and seem to want everything on a plate whatever country they go to...blah blah etc etc
Give it a rest you keyboard ninja. Most people visit Australia before they move there but then find the realities of living there means they were happier with their life back in the UK. This is something you can't possibly know till you've tried it for real. It really is that simple.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pommybird
Maybe not rude and abusive, but yes you are being aggressive and this forum is to provide support for those moving back to the UK how are you doing that?
Aggressive? Please demonstrate or use examples before making accusations.

This is a support forum for the majority, the remaining people use it to moan constantly. If 'you', and I use that word in the general context, hate Australia so much, get out now instead of wanting residency and hanging around for citizenship. The minority on here are hypocrits, rude and quite frankly need to empower themselves.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Aggressive? Please demonstrate or use examples before making accusations.

This is a support forum for the majority, the remaining people use it to moan constantly. If 'you', and I use that word in the general context, hate Australia so much, get out now instead of wanting residency and hanging around for citizenship. The minority on here are hypocrits, rude and quite frankly need to empower themselves.

You really are boring!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.