Wikiposts

australian people

Old May 31st 2007, 12:17 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: australian people

Please don't blame the Aussies, the UK should adopt their attitude, if you can't fit-in, you know where the door is
I agree with most of what you say. No wonder we are called whinging poms.

The thing I don't agree with though is the family bit, until you have moved away from them you have no idea what it *will* feel like. Sometimes it takes a move to the other side of the world to make you realise how much they are part of your life.
I have always said all along, it's not the country you miss, it's the friends and family within it that you miss.
Old May 31st 2007, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
The thing I don't agree with though is the family bit, until you have moved away from them you have no idea what it *will* feel like. Sometimes it takes a move to the other side of the world to make you realise how much they are part of your life.
I have always said all along, it's not the country you miss, it's the friends and family within it that you miss.
That statement is very true, and its why a lot of Brits end up returning to the UK but also either obtain citizenship or would like to, as they still have a fond affection for Oz and may find that they can live there at some point in the future.

Last edited by wafc; May 31st 2007 at 12:26 am.
Old May 31st 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I agree with most of what you say. No wonder we are called whinging poms.

yep, people not places
Old May 31st 2007, 12:35 am
Just Joined

Mouse the Dingo is just really niceMouse the Dingo is just really niceMouse the Dingo is just really niceMouse the Dingo is just really niceMouse the Dingo is just really niceMouse the Dingo is just really niceMouse the Dingo is just really niceMouse the Dingo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
Nothing annoys me more than to hear fellow Brits moaning about another country and it's citizens when they themselves are choosing to stay there, and it would appear some of you who are whining want to obtain your citizenship before returning to the UK so as to leave your 'options open'.
How many of you ever visited Aussie before you emigrated there? Not many I don't expect. I've visited the country several times & I have a friend and her husband who emigrated to Sydney 5 yrs ago without any prior holidays there. Yes my female friend found it difficult to make friends for the first few yrs but she never moaned about it, instead she started to network & be positive.
I find British people on the whole unfriendly and seem to want everything on a plate whatever country they go to. Yes Aussies are different, they have a positive , 'get-up and give it a go' attitude, they are black and white & I find them great , friendly people just like the Canadians. It's us Brits who have the problem, and I think unless you go to a foreign land with an open mind, no expectations and having done a ton of research you will be disappointed and you only have yourselves to blame.
I read time and time again on here people saying ' i knew our kids were close to family back in the UK but didn't realise how much'. Errrr...you didn't realise??? I'm sorry but you know whether you are ultra close to your family or not, if you are, simple! you don't emigrate.

Please don't blame the Aussies, the UK should adopt their attitude, if you can't fit-in, you know where the door is.

Look up the word empathy!!!! when you move here lets here your story a couple of years down the line.... You are a very rude and nasty person !!! I have lived in several countries and YES I am british born and bred and proud. I have fitted into all countries I have lived in except OZ... You are right they are black and white No grey areas OZ IS GREAT except it or move out.
How dare you be so rude to so many people who have made the big step to leave family whilst you sit in the UK and patronize.
Walk a mile in some peoples shoes or but out....
I too thought Oz was GREAT till I moved here and YES I have been on several holiday and lived here previously. But in my opinion and mine only OZ has a lot of catching up to do with Europe. I have great friends here but then I have great friends every where I have lived...
I know where the door is and I can afford to go through it, but there are lots of people unhappy here who can't afford to go back to the UK yet so stop judging people.
I hope you are very happy when you arrive here a lot of people are. I went to the immigration museum the other day and there are lots and lots of people who are happy to live here so good luck to you all.
Please leave the people who want to return to the UK alone.......
Old May 31st 2007, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mouse the Dingo
Look up the word empathy!!!! when you move here lets here your story a couple of years down the line.... You are a very rude and nasty person !!! I have lived in several countries and YES I am british born and bred and proud. I have fitted into all countries I have lived in except OZ... You are right they are black and white No grey areas OZ IS GREAT except it or move out.
How dare you be so rude to so many people who have made the big step to leave family whilst you sit in the UK and patronize.
I too thought Oz was GREAT till I moved here and YES I have been on several holiday and lived here previously. But in my opinion and mine only OZ has a lot of catching up to do with Europe. I have great friends here but then I have great friends every where I have lived...
I know where the door is and I can afford to go through it, but there are lots of people unhappy here who can't afford to go back to the UK yet so stop judging people.
I hope you are very happy when you arrive here a lot of people are. I went to the immigration museum the other day and there are lots and lots of people who are happy to live here so good luck to you all.
Well said Dingo

I was going to reply but couldnt be arsed
Old May 31st 2007, 1:34 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Give this poster a drink Bravo!!
Old May 31st 2007, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

I know I sort of get weary with these attacks and BS all the time ;so same, can't be arsed. Rather have a cup of tea and read my book!
Old May 31st 2007, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Of course you're going to post a response like that & most if not all your fellow bloggers on here will toast to your defensive response because you're all so unhappy with your Aussie lives I can understand that. Those who are happy obviously on the Australia forum.

Because I have an opinion it doesn't mean I am a nasty/rude individual. Your mannerism is exactly what I am refering to when I say the majority of Brits these days are so negative in there outlook in life, not only that, living in the UK you get shot down in flames if you dare disagree with somebody elses opinion (your response is a prime example).

You state that you have lived in Oz previously, in which case you would of been ofae with the fact that they are different from Europe and they are straight talking people before going back would you not?
As for not being able to afford to come back? If you work out your living costs before emigrating you know that moving back here, buying a house and having an equal standard of living as you do in Oz is going to be extremely difficult. Im sorry but that is a known fact.

As for me? I've lived & worked in Canada for some time, I went there on my own & had to find a job, somewhere to live and make new friends off my own back. I made me skint and it looked like I would have to come home not long after I arrived, but I didn't. If you have a dream then you persevere.
Like I said i've travelled around Aussie and NZ and i'm familiar with the people, there's good and bad anywhere.

Danny B commented that it sometimes takes a move to the other side of the world to realise how much you miss your family. I think this comment speaks for itself.

Apologies if you take offense at what I have said but if you wish to take citizenship so as to keep the door open if you wish to return in the future, I find that contradictory and no wonder it's so difficult for those of us who genuinely want to reside there, to get in.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you're going to post a response like that & most if not all your fellow bloggers on here will toast to your defensive response because you're all so unhappy with your Aussie lives I can understand that. Those who are happy obviously on the Australia forum.

Because I have an opinion it doesn't mean I am a nasty/rude individual. Your mannerism is exactly what I am refering to when I say the majority of Brits these days are so negative in there outlook in life, not only that, living in the UK you get shot down in flames if you dare disagree with somebody elses opinion (your response is a prime example).

You state that you have lived in Oz previously, in which case you would of been ofae with the fact that they are different from Europe and they are straight talking people before going back would you not?
As for not being able to afford to come back? If you work out your living costs before emigrating you know that moving back here, buying a house and having an equal standard of living as you do in Oz is going to be extremely difficult. Im sorry but that is a known fact.

As for me? I've lived & worked in Canada for some time, I went there on my own & had to find a job, somewhere to live and make new friends off my own back. I made me skint and it looked like I would have to come home not long after I arrived, but I didn't. If you have a dream then you persevere.
Like I said i've travelled around Aussie and NZ and i'm familiar with the people, there's good and bad anywhere.

Danny B commented that it sometimes takes a move to the other side of the world to realise how much you miss your family. I think this comment speaks for itself.

Apologies if you take offense at what I have said but if you wish to take citizenship so as to keep the door open if you wish to return in the future, I find that contradictory and no wonder it's so difficult for those of us who genuinely want to reside there, to get in.

hang on we all went thinking it was what we wanted. So we all genuinley wanted to reside there and got in the same way as any other legal emigree. Dont blame us for your lack of skills or detrimental circumstances.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Why does it bother you so much what other people do with their lives? You live where you want, I couldn't care less
Old May 31st 2007, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Originally Posted by fishfinger
Why does it bother you so much what other people do with their lives? You live where you want, I couldn't care less

You're the folks on hear moaning, not me. Come back to good ol blighty where you'll get taxed if you sneeze. :
Old May 31st 2007, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seasprite
hang on we all went thinking it was what we wanted. So we all genuinley wanted to reside there and got in the same way as any other legal emigree. Dont blame us for your lack of skills or detrimental circumstances.
I didn't realise you were Mystic Meg and know what skills & circumstances I do or don't have.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:43 am
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: australian people

I find British people on the whole unfriendly and seem to want everything on a plate whatever country they go to. Yes Aussies are different, they have a positive , 'get-up and give it a go' attitude, they are black and white & I find them great , friendly people just like the Canadians.
And the problem with *some* of us Brits is this self-loathing, "we're rubbish and everyone with a fake smile is great" attitude. You only think everyone else has a fantastic outlook on life because when you meet them you're a tourist. I lived there for 2 years and when you're working with Aussies and dealing with them in "real life", you'll find this "can do attitude" stuff is all nonsense.

You're getting all revved up just because someone gave their less than glowing opinion on Aus. So what? Ask any of these really nice, happy-go-lucky Aussies what they think of your country and they'll be only too happy to insult you.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eric Hitchmo
And the problem with *some* of us Brits is this self-loathing, "we're rubbish and everyone with a fake smile is great" attitude. You only think everyone else has a fantastic outlook on life because when you meet them you're a tourist. I lived there for 2 years and when you're working with Aussies and dealing with them in "real life", you'll find this "can do attitude" stuff is all nonsense.

You're getting all revved up just because someone gave their less than glowing opinion on Aus. So what? Ask any of these really nice, happy-go-lucky Aussies what they think of your country and they'll be only too happy to insult you.
Seriously Jimmy, I'm not all revved up. honestly some of you guys on here really do make assumptions.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:51 am
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: australian people

Seriously Jimmy, I'm not all revved up. honestly some of you guys on here really do make assumptions.
Nothing annoys me more than to hear fellow Brits moaning....
Ok dude. Ride a rainbow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.