Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all
Default Re: what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Originally Posted by Meow
No, but you really ought to understand the humour, not be overly PC or be offended by jokes at the expense of Americans.

-
Ever worked in Europe? Heard all the good ones and bad ones at least ten times. And yes, gotten rather used to it.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:56 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Check your PM's mrshaps.

BC, my previous company would not have a suitable position in dubai, but maybe somewhere else worldwide.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:01 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USExpat
Ever worked in Europe? Heard all the good ones and bad ones at least ten times. And yes, gotten rather used to it.
Marvellous. Welcome.

-
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Check your PM's mrshaps.

BC, my previous company would not have a suitable position in dubai, but maybe somewhere else worldwide.
thread hijack, is the baby's birthday today?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:12 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I think admons 3 points are pretty close to the mark.

this company are not remowned for their employee relations..

But hell, I'm deluded after all.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:14 am
banned

20th!!!
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Meow
Marvellous. Welcome.

-
Thanks, I've worked in the UK two years ago for a BP project. Did a year of Germany after that and some freelance stuff to fill the time a bit. And now spending the last few weeks in limbo with friends in the cheese capital of the world called Holland. So yes, actually grew accustomed to the wacky sense of humor over here.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:22 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I've worked in the UK two years ago for a BP project. Did a year of Germany after that and some freelance stuff to fill the time a bit. And now spending the last few weeks in limbo with friends in the cheese capital of the world called Holland. So yes, actually grew accustomed to the wacky sense of humor over here.
nice aren't they...the Dutch
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:25 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

WTF?

The Dutch don't have a wacky sense of humour. It's extracted at birth!

Just for MH!
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari
nice aren't they...the Dutch
Are you Dutch? I actually do like this tiny country. It takes getting used to but one just needs to adapt a bit.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Roadking
WTF?

The Dutch don't have a wacky sense of humour. It's extracted at birth!

Just for MH!
Hmmm... Try looking at the UK sense of humor as a none UK National. I think your remark applies to this entire continent.
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Are you Dutch? I actually do like this tiny country. It takes getting used to but one just needs to adapt a bit.
yes I am...these lovely BE people have taken me on board as if I was one of them...
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm... Try looking at the UK sense of humor as a none UK National. I think your remark applies to this entire continent.
Which continent, the Middle East?

Last edited by Roadking; Dec 18th 2008 at 10:28 am. Reason: oops
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes I am...these lovely BE people have taken me on board as if I was one of them...
you are one of us ...
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

So have the Dutch done for me while here. Very friendly and rather open minded people. Same applies to the UK if you stick to their view on foreigners and accept it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.