British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/what-f-do-you-do-if-you-get-sacked-have-cars-credit-cards-578832/)

MrsHaps Dec 16th 2008 2:26 pm

what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Guys

My hubbies work is laying off - he is a possible! After 6 months here, we have some credit card debit after getting our home sorted, we have two cars over finance!

The home is through the company.... if he looses his job how the hell do you go about getting sorted in the space of a month....

i feels so sorry for all those that this is happening too - i cant believe how much sleep ive lost over this and it is still continuing...

how do you deal with it...?

Madam Medusa Dec 16th 2008 2:28 pm

Re: what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

oh geez, i don't know the answer to your question...but i'm thinking of you, it's an awful time at the moment for sure...

MM, xx

Confucius Dec 16th 2008 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 7072652)
Guys

My hubbies work is laying off - he is a possible! After 6 months here, we have some credit card debit after getting our home sorted, we have two cars over finance!

The home is through the company.... if he looses his job how the hell do you go about getting sorted in the space of a month....

i feels so sorry for all those that this is happening too - i cant believe how much sleep ive lost over this and it is still continuing...

how do you deal with it...?

If his salary was transferred to a bank, I am sure the company will alert the bank so that they are not held at all liable...
First thing to do, if he still remembers the phone number of the bank's sales exec he should ask for some advice, you never know...
Failing that, and if worse comes to worse, he should also seek the bank's advice, banks only take the penal route once they see that things are at a dead end...
Take it easy...And I hope the thing you fear doesn't happen...

BurpusMe Dec 16th 2008 2:41 pm

Unfortunately at the moment - everyone in Dubai is a "possible".
Hopefully your situation works out... hopefully we'll all be okay.

The specifics of that question can only be answered by your bank.
Some banks offer loan insurance, you might look into that for starters.

Confucius Dec 16th 2008 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by BurpusMe (Post 7072684)
Unfortunately at the moment - everyone in Dubai is a "possible".
Hopefully your situation works out... hopefully we'll all be okay.

The specifics of that question can only be answered by your bank.
Some banks offer loan insurance, you might look into that for starters.

The insurance you're referring to covers, GOD forbid, death or permanent disability, accidents, etc...I don't think it will cover employment loss...But then again, I might be wrong...
But, if it did cover loss of employment, be sure, the banks sales departments and insurance salespeople will be hawking the product like there's no tomorrow...

MrsHaps Dec 16th 2008 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7072696)
The insurance you're referring to covers, GOD forbid, death or permanent disability, accidents, etc...I don't think it will cover employment loss...But then again, I might be wrong...
But, if it did cover loss of employment, be sure, the banks sales departments and insurance salespeople will be hawking the product like there's no tomorrow...

your right hun - def no insurance for unemployment....!

i can see why people just run...

i still dont know how you can possibly sort this mess out - a mate came over, brought his family over 3 months ago - he has 2 cars and a full credit card. He is one of two that they are choosing from - how the hell do you go about getting rid of the cars and finding the money to pay off the card all before a month is up.....

it is utter madness, i just cant seem to find anyone this has happened too that i can ask these sorts of questions to? When i said my husband is a possible, he is a possible out of three people - not out 10 or 20...

Confucius Dec 16th 2008 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 7072719)
your right hun - def no insurance for unemployment....!

i can see why people just run...

i still dont know how you can possibly sort this mess out - a mate came over, brought his family over 3 months ago - he has 2 cars and a full credit card. He is one of two that they are choosing from - how the hell do you go about getting rid of the cars and finding the money to pay off the card all before a month is up.....

it is utter madness, i just cant seem to find anyone this has happened too that i can ask these sorts of questions to? When i said my husband is a possible, he is a possible out of three people - not out 10 or 20...

I hope they don't fire anyone, but, that's my wishful thinking...

Two ways about it thought, one is legit, the other one is Guy Ritchie movies style...

I wish you all good luck though...Noone deserves this...Noone...

IndieG Dec 16th 2008 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 7072719)
it is utter madness, i just cant seem to find anyone that i can ask these sorts of questions to? ...

Mrs H - I am more than happy to meet you in my office tomorrow (or any time) and help you, send me a pm with your contact details....

Confucius Dec 16th 2008 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by IndieG (Post 7072802)
Mrs H - I am more than happy to meet you in my office tomorrow (or any time) and help you, send me a pm with your contact details....

I think we should join hands and have a merger...

shiftdelete Dec 16th 2008 3:41 pm

with limited liability...naturally..

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7072837)

Confucius Dec 16th 2008 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by shiftdelete (Post 7072857)

That's the ticket...

And apologies for forgetting to include you in the polls...You and Skeletor...So many men, so little time...

shiftdelete Dec 16th 2008 3:53 pm

ah, the memories- I've been absent without leave...the way real men do it- busy eeking out a reputation elsewhere...

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7072879)
That's the ticket...

And apologies for forgetting to include you in the polls...You and Skeletor...So many men, so little time...

shiftdelete Dec 16th 2008 3:57 pm

seriously- that's a nice gesture.

Originally Posted by IndieG (Post 7072802)

IndieG Dec 16th 2008 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7072837)

Originally Posted by shiftdelete (Post 7072857)

:lol: ..... IndieConf skip-advisory services LLC

Confucius Dec 16th 2008 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by IndieG (Post 7072977)
:lol: ..... IndieConf skip-advisory services LLC

The possibilties...The potential...The mayhem...