Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

manwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nice
Default Re: what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
Yeah hind-sight is a good thing..... you are here, you would know it is pretty much the norm. No one has 100,000-DHS for rent up-front therefore putting themselves in debt...

If people had that sort of money to buy a car outright, pay for rent as well as furnishing a home to live in.... i would be asking why they invest that sort of money in the UAE on a promise written on a bit of paper?

I did it because England was going down the tubes, we were offered a dream that would give us a new life and also give us the opportunity to pay our mortgage on our english house to give us an investement... at the time it was a long term thing, i had no intentions of coming home. The cars were taken over 3 years so that in 3 years we would have a small investment in the cars that we could sell and send the money home.

Again all good in hind-sight...
yes hindsight is a great thing.
before we accepted the position that was offered we came over here at our own expense and had a good look at the situation. l think that was probably the best money we ever spent!!!
we have no real intention of going back to oz and the aim is to spend all our money earned on travel and experience and then return in our old age.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 7:56 am
Banned

shaboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

@USExpat

been following this post for time and has helped a lot, living in the uae at the moment and am feeling the downturn

USExpat are you still in need of someone?
Old Dec 25th 2008, 11:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

apparently he hired someone for this position. I am sorry to hear about your job loss