Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Old Dec 21st 2008, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all
Default Re: what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
thought the bonus was for the employee!! asked the Husband, he knows a few Dutch guys but not in this fields. I think your gonna struggle on this one.
Nope... The bonus is for the BE member that brings me a candidate. Hell I'll even fly to the UAE to interview him or her. And you're right, I think very soon I'm going to start packing suitcases I guess. Or bribe the shit out of this Frans Wind guy. Africa? Who in his right mind wants to go there anyhow?

Last edited by USExpat; Dec 21st 2008 at 1:14 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 1:20 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Originally Posted by USExpat
I know him to... Tried my luck there in the past. I need a true commercial guy. One that's not afraid to get dirty hands and teach local people. And to sweeten the deal? It's a none stop, 7AM until 3PM job. So no 4+ hour break in between. I'm really getting nervous here as if everything fails it's me heading down south.
Just rereading this.....

P has only been in post since Spring of this year...and he loves getting his hands dirty.Maybe we are talking of different gentlemen
Old Dec 21st 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

okay so here is the latest....
my company did the letter for me stating i was going on my own visa, what i was earning etc...

Hubby got in touch with the account manager who told him 'you bank account can not be changed and will be frozen - your wife will need to open a new account' hubby answers but she is on the bank account with me - account manager replies doesnt matter it in your name...

anyway with regards to the cars, yes there will be an issue with the cheques, do not tell your finance company that you have been let go and how do you intend to keep the cars if you have no visa.....

so exactly what the hell does someone have to do here to pay their fricken debts - there is no way out at all. bank account stays frozen, cheques bounce, police are involved - tell the finance company are you are on a flight ban or worse put in jail....

and people are quick to call those that do up and leave..... this country was happy enough to lend out the money but in no way do they make it easy to repay.... im stuck!

still trying everything to stay mind, and you guys who are passing Alan's CV around - i cant thank you enough - when im rich again, the drinks and food are on me.... but until then how the hell do we pay for these cars!!!

Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

It was announced that those that have lost their jobs and are now in financial difficulties can file for Bankruptcy with the local courts. Each case will be judged on its merits.

KT; Today, I think.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Eva
Just rereading this.....

P has only been in post since Spring of this year...and he loves getting his hands dirty.Maybe we are talking of different gentlemen
Hi Eva,

Before I raise false hopes could you ask him if (A) he's interested and (B) if he has experience in running a commercial company? It would mean him being involved from the startup phase, day one so to speak. This means he has to have "hands on" experience in setting up a company with all the decision making that's involved.

The joint venture I'm consulting only exists on paper right now. The buildings are available, from what I've been told, some experienced labor has been approached as well. Indoor plant / cut flower suppliers would be the shareholders in this joint venture. Money and connection wise he doesn't have to be worried at all. There are some rather big names involved in Holland, no royalty however, but people that are willing to seriously invest in this company.

P.S. If the guy turns out to be okay the 10K in Euro's are yours.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
okay so here is the latest....
my company did the letter for me stating i was going on my own visa, what i was earning etc...

Hubby got in touch with the account manager who told him 'you bank account can not be changed and will be frozen - your wife will need to open a new account' hubby answers but she is on the bank account with me - account manager replies doesnt matter it in your name...

anyway with regards to the cars, yes there will be an issue with the cheques, do not tell your finance company that you have been let go and how do you intend to keep the cars if you have no visa.....

so exactly what the hell does someone have to do here to pay their fricken debts - there is no way out at all. bank account stays frozen, cheques bounce, police are involved - tell the finance company are you are on a flight ban or worse put in jail....

and people are quick to call those that do up and leave..... this country was happy enough to lend out the money but in no way do they make it easy to repay.... im stuck!

still trying everything to stay mind, and you guys who are passing Alan's CV around - i cant thank you enough - when im rich again, the drinks and food are on me.... but until then how the hell do we pay for these cars!!!

empty your account and pay for the cars with cash. We sold a car of a man who had passed away, used a photocopy of his visa, make sure you get plenty of copies of your visa before it is cancelled.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Eva,

Before I raise false hopes could you ask him if (A) he's interested and (B) if he has experience in running a commercial company? It would mean him being involved from the startup phase, day one so to speak. This means he has to have "hands on" experience in setting up a company with all the decision making that's involved.

The joint venture I'm consulting only exists on paper right now. The buildings are available, from what I've been told, some experienced labor has been approached as well. Indoor plant / cut flower suppliers would be the shareholders in this joint venture. Money and connection wise he doesn't have to be worried at all. There are some rather big names involved in Holland, no royalty however, but people that are willing to seriously invest in this company.

Sorry I've become confused and delirious..........

I thought this thread was all about helping Mr and Mrs Haps sort out their current (very difficult) situation.........

It has somehow become a job vacancy recruitment site for USExpat and Eva...........

Or is there a connection that I'm missing here?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
empty your account and pay for the cars with cash. We sold a car of a man who had passed away, used a photocopy of his visa, make sure you get plenty of copies of your visa before it is cancelled.
scan them into the computer, so you have a colour copy all the time.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

I thought this thread was all about helping Mr and Mrs Haps sort out their current (very difficult) situation.........

It has somehow become a job vacancy recruitment site for USExpat and Eva...........

and here was I thinking that you were the master of tenuous links..
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:11 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Eva,

Hmmmmmmm......this all sounds a bit hazydaisy.......
As Dean comments, we shouldn't hijack this thread anymore.Please pm me on the matter.
Apologies to Mrs Haps

Originally Posted by The Dean

Guilty as charged and sincere apologies to Mrs Haps.
Maybe I shoulda posted a giant size pair of plastic tits herein Dean and you wouldn't have protested so ..........

Last edited by Eva; Dec 22nd 2008 at 7:14 am. Reason: sp
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

manwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nice

waded through the first 10 or so pages.
when we (husband, wife & son) decided to move here from australia, we had a long think about the situation we were placing ourselves in and that never included putting ourselves in debt.
If you have to borrow to buy even a car don't come, words mean nothing and a promise is just words even when it is on paper.
If you can't afford the worst case situation don't do it.
I feel for you and your family.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eva
Hmmmmmmm......this all sounds a bit hazydaisy.......
As Dean comments, we shouldn't hijack this thread anymore.Please pm me on the matter.

Apologies to Mrs Haps

Guilty as charged and sincere apologies to Mrs Haps.
Maybe I shoulda posted a giant size pair of plastic tits herein Dean and you wouldn't have protested so ..........
Hi Eva, sent you a private message. I to would like to apologize to Mrs. Haps, it wasn't my intention to break any BE rules or rudely misuse your posting. I'm rather new on this board, and beleave me it will not happen again. Thanks for making me aware of this Dean, it's only now I realize how rude I've been.

USExpat
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Guys dont be crazy it is fine, im keeping you updated because this is happening now on a daily basis - 37 have now gone from hubbies company! Big hits and a few have already left the country.

thanks for the visa thing - will do this as soon as we get back.

BC - are you up for a loan pet, now way i have that sort of money in my account, ive only just stopped bloody putting the home together and this has happened. Got money in the villa that we withdrew before the account was frozen but until we know a little more after christmas about hubbies job im keeping it for just in case! Had interest in my car so hopefully we can get rid of that when we get back.

for now im enjoying my crimbo in the toon...!

have a fantastic crimbo to you all! Lots of luck for 2009!

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manwithnoname
waded through the first 10 or so pages.
when we (husband, wife & son) decided to move here from australia, we had a long think about the situation we were placing ourselves in and that never included putting ourselves in debt.
If you have to borrow to buy even a car don't come, words mean nothing and a promise is just words even when it is on paper.
If you can't afford the worst case situation don't do it.
I feel for you and your family.
Yeah hind-sight is a good thing..... you are here, you would know it is pretty much the norm. No one has 100,000-DHS for rent up-front therefore putting themselves in debt...

If people had that sort of money to buy a car outright, pay for rent as well as furnishing a home to live in.... i would be asking why they invest that sort of money in the UAE on a promise written on a bit of paper?

I did it because England was going down the tubes, we were offered a dream that would give us a new life and also give us the opportunity to pay our mortgage on our english house to give us an investement... at the time it was a long term thing, i had no intentions of coming home. The cars were taken over 3 years so that in 3 years we would have a small investment in the cars that we could sell and send the money home.

Again all good in hind-sight...
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:10 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
Guys dont be crazy it is fine, im keeping you updated because this is happening now on a daily basis - 37 have now gone from hubbies company! Big hits and a few have already left the country.

thanks for the visa thing - will do this as soon as we get back.

BC - are you up for a loan pet, now way i have that sort of money in my account, ive only just stopped bloody putting the home together and this has happened. Got money in the villa that we withdrew before the account was frozen but until we know a little more after christmas about hubbies job im keeping it for just in case! Had interest in my car so hopefully we can get rid of that when we get back.

for now im enjoying my crimbo in the toon...!

have a fantastic crimbo to you all! Lots of luck for 2009!

if I could help I would, I promise. Have a great time at home and try and put this out of your mind at least until after Christmas. Fingers crossed your hubby can find something new after the New Year. Good news about the car, sell that and it should ease things a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.