Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New to Forum and Needing Divorce Advice :-/

New to Forum and Needing Divorce Advice :-/

Old May 1st 2012, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Forum and Needing Divorce Advice :-/

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Have a reasonable amount of experience in these matters having gone through the process more than once and learned the hard way.

First off dump your solicitor, chances are you went to a male solicitor. Common action by the majority of men. Big mistake. Male family law solicitors have in my experience been useless ****s who couldnt cut it in the real world and ended up in family law. What you need is a youngish (late 20's) woman before she has had kids and who is thoroughly evil bitch. They exist and the evilness is also kinda sexy which is a nice additional thing to have. This may all sound in jest but my experience shows it to be fully valid. Male and old women family law solicitors just want your cash for doing **** all.

Next is to rid your head of feelings of guilt towards the kids. The witch will happily **** you over now and play on that guilt whilst within a few weeks if not already, someone is already admiring your bedroom decor after drilling the witch. The kids will forgive you for what you are about to do to their mum.

See a good financial advisor now as in within the week and take out the mother of all ******* pensions that takes up 95% of your income. You need to do this before the "full financial disclosure". Once all is settled with the witch then you can dump the pension and enjoy the cash. Tieing the bucks up in a pension stopped one of my ex's getting close to the booty and only wish I had done it with the first. The fact you took out the pension a week before financial disclosure is irrelevant

Do not under any circumstances even think of being financially nice to the witch, do not feel guilty, 5K GBP on an evil bitch of a solicitor will save you plenty in the long run and is cash well spent.

Ignore at your financial peril
FRIGGING awesome - i have a whole now profound respect for you mate!
Old May 1st 2012, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

having read the posts, i gotta agree with the guys....having been divorced myself...my ex would have been entitled to 50% of everything i owned....he walked away without asking for a penny....i guess i was very fortunate.

women in general are just way too much drama and tend to be blood suckers when it comes to divorces.
Old May 1st 2012, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
having read the posts, i gotta agree with the guys....having been divorced myself...my ex would have been entitled to 50% of everything i owned....he walked away without asking for a penny....i guess i was very fortunate.

women in general are just way too much drama and tend to be blood suckers when it comes to divorces.
Well, maybe some women feel entitled because the guys have been sticking it in places where they shouldn't have?
That never happened to me, and as said before, I walked away with what I wanted, my freedom....but I have to say, I don't know what I would have done if I had brought up several sprogs,taken care of this , that and the next thing while the Mr. had been effing around.....
Old May 1st 2012, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
Well, maybe some women feel entitled because the guys have been sticking it in places where they shouldn't have?
That never happened to me, and as said before, I walked away with what I wanted, my freedom....but I have to say, I don't know what I would have done if I had brought up several sprogs,taken care of this , that and the next thing while the Mr. had been effing around.....
ag come on Alexa, you have almost ruined the perfect persona that you portrayed in an earlier post on this topic. So now you are saying that if hubby dipped his wick into something oriental or one of your best friends that you would now be nasty to him in the divorce ?

Regardless of blame divorce should be the same.

And if your halo has dropped a little, then would it be fair to say that if you drilled the tennis coach or garden boy that you would be entitled (hate that word) to any less than if hubby had one of your neighbours howling in the bedroom with delight ?
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

popsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to all

Being married with no experience of divorce I have roughly zero experience in this. But have to say, it's all sounding pretty misogynistic from where I'm sitting. Hopefully i will never be in this situation, but I would like tothinkthat rather than being a bloodsucking witch, if the situation did ever arise that my husband would help me get into a decent financial situation...seeing as I have and a lot of women do given up the most lucrative years of their lives bringing up children and supporting the family. My husband genuinely couldn't do what he does and bring in the salary he does if he was alone and bringing up the kids. I'm not saying he would be useless without me, but that it takes a team to make a family work and suddenly deciding that all the money belongs to the person who's name is on the pay cheque sounds a bit twatty to me.
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

ag come on Alexa, you have almost ruined the perfect persona that you portrayed in an earlier post on this topic. So now you are saying that if hubby dipped his wick into something oriental or one of your best friends that you would now be nasty to him in the divorce ?

Regardless of blame divorce should be the same.

And if your halo has dropped a little, then would it be fair to say that if you drilled the tennis coach or garden boy that you would be entitled (hate that word) to any less than if hubby had one of your neighbours howling in the bedroom with delight ?
Well Tock, I am just trying to be honest here. Since this has not happened to me, I truly do not know what I'd do. Would I walk away with my dignity intact and leave the effer to eff what ever? I'd like to think so...but can't vouch for it.
One thing I do know...I don't eff the help..or anything else providing some kind of service.
Now, IF the marriage were shyte, and I'd found somebody ,while still being married to the effer, that I'd rather like to spend my time with, I would NOT ask for anything but my freedom from the effer.
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Tock, I have to say this. I really do. YOUR ex wives and some others may do all those nasties for various reasons, but it s not ALL women who do this.
I have initiated divorce 2 times, took nothing from the guys. NOTHING at all , besides my freedom. And happily so.
I am sure there are plenty of Ex wives like me.
Me too Alexa..I left a business, money, etc and put 10 pounds in my pocket, my personal possessions in my car and left ..nobody else involved..my husband fell in love with a bacardi bottle, which was difficult because we had a pub!!
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Me too Alexa..I left a business, money, etc and put 10 pounds in my pocket, my personal possessions in my car and left ..nobody else involved..my husband fell in love with a bacardi bottle, which was difficult because we had a pub!!
Haha...for mine it was a beer bottle....which was also difficult because our son was involved...good thing we both got out with our dignity intact...and went on to live successful and fulfilling lives!
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Haha...for mine it was a beer bottle....which was also difficult because our son was involved...good thing we both got out with our dignity intact...and went on to live successful and fulfilling lives!
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
you stole the car? thieving bitch. this is exactly what Tock is talking about.
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
you stole the car? thieving bitch. this is exactly what Tock is talking about.
Not really. As a parting gift she was still protecting him. Bacardi-hounds are notoriously unpredictable where cars are concerned...
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:13 pm
Banned

Super Power is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by davieinkuwait
Im currently working in the Middle East and in the process of trying to get divorced.

I am dealing with my ex's lawyer and I also have my own lawyer but things dont seem to be moving on very well.

She is under the impression that as i work here i am 'MINTED' which would be true if i wasnt running two houses, paying maintenance and transportation as well as legal fees.

Now her lawyer is asking for evidence of all my earnings, bank statements and or savings accounts as well as contract details.

Do I legally have to submit these to her? She has a rough idea of what I earn and seems hell bent on ripping me off for as much money as possible and using the kids as her excuse.

Any advice would be much appreciated
I'll tell you what you do. You be a man, step up to the plate and fulfill your obligations. Your obligations to your wife, your kids, your family.
You probably made your wife completely dependant on you and now think you can just leave her to twist in the wind all by herself?

Do the right thing
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by popsicle
Being married with no experience of divorce I have roughly zero experience in this. But have to say, it's all sounding pretty misogynistic from where I'm sitting. Hopefully i will never be in this situation, but I would like tothinkthat rather than being a bloodsucking witch, if the situation did ever arise that my husband would help me get into a decent financial situation...seeing as I have and a lot of women do given up the most lucrative years of their lives bringing up children and supporting the family. My husband genuinely couldn't do what he does and bring in the salary he does if he was alone and bringing up the kids. I'm not saying he would be useless without me, but that it takes a team to make a family work and suddenly deciding that all the money belongs to the person who's name is on the pay cheque sounds a bit twatty to me.
ah come on pops, you live a life where you dont have to work, you only have to get up in the morning to drop the kids at the BSB and then spend the rest of the morning at the gym, nail place, waitrose and then Costa for latte with the other hard working women in Bah before picking the kids back up from school. You are making it sound like hard work as an expat wife and then if it went pear shaped you would want to drill hubby for all his bucks as recompence for that hard work ??

I would like to say that it has been refreshing to read from so many well behaved ex wives. Its the first time I have come across such as I suspect have most of the other male readers on this forum. Well done ladies
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

ah come on pops, you live a life where you dont have to work, you only have to get up in the morning to drop the kids at the BSB and then spend the rest of the morning at the gym, nail place, waitrose and then Costa for latte with the other hard working women in Bah before picking the kids back up from school. You are making it sound like hard work as an expat wife and then if it went pear shaped you would want to drill hubby for all his bucks as recompence for that hard work ??

I would like to say that it has been refreshing to read from so many well behaved ex wives. Its the first time I have come across such as I suspect have most of the other male readers on this forum. Well done ladies
Tock, no offense...well behaved ex wives? I think it is more ex wives having had to deal with eff heads and still decided to be the bigger people.
And having come across this for the first time, again no offense, but does that not reflect on the character of those above mentioned male readers?
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:56 pm
Banned

Super Power is an unknown quantity at this point

As a man, I don't have any respect for other men who think it's admirable to financially abandon women and children- or to taunt a woman thats currently going through a divorce.

It's weak, Tokaloosh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.