Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New to Forum and Needing Divorce Advice :-/

New to Forum and Needing Divorce Advice :-/

Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:13 am
Just Joined

davieinkuwait is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Forum and Needing Divorce Advice :-/

Im currently working in the Middle East and in the process of trying to get divorced.

I am dealing with my ex's lawyer and I also have my own lawyer but things dont seem to be moving on very well.

She is under the impression that as i work here i am 'MINTED' which would be true if i wasnt running two houses, paying maintenance and transportation as well as legal fees.

Now her lawyer is asking for evidence of all my earnings, bank statements and or savings accounts as well as contract details.

Do I legally have to submit these to her? She has a rough idea of what I earn and seems hell bent on ripping me off for as much money as possible and using the kids as her excuse.

Any advice would be much appreciated
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Forum and Needing Divorce Advice :-/

to BE.

I have moved your thread over to our Middle East forum. Hopefully our members actually living in the area will be able to help you.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davieinkuwait
Im currently working in the Middle East and in the process of trying to get divorced.

I am dealing with my ex's lawyer and I also have my own lawyer but things dont seem to be moving on very well.

She is under the impression that as i work here i am 'MINTED' which would be true if i wasnt running two houses, paying maintenance and transportation as well as legal fees.

Now her lawyer is asking for evidence of all my earnings, bank statements and or savings accounts as well as contract details.

Do I legally have to submit these to her? She has a rough idea of what I earn and seems hell bent on ripping me off for as much money as possible and using the kids as her excuse.

Keep the money offshore and let your morals deal with it
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Dave

Friend of mine (also in Kuwait) got divorced - he used an english lawfirm which dealt with expat divorces.

Another way is to invite wife over for a reconcilation and leave her in Jahra for a night !!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:55 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If you are getting divorced in the UK you are supposed to fully disclose your finances. The financial settlement is actually separate to the divorce itself.

Good luck.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 1:24 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

I was in similar situation but in Dubai, as Meow says later the financial settlement is seperate from the divorce, I gave the court a copy of my salary letter then gave copies of all outgoings from here and in the Uk, it was quite a fight and 3grand solicitors fees later (UK pounds), lets just say no such thing as equality, just glad there were no kids involved. Oh and debts ie credit card bills didn't come into the equation, Good luck
Old Apr 30th 2012, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Have a reasonable amount of experience in these matters having gone through the process more than once and learned the hard way.

First off dump your solicitor, chances are you went to a male solicitor. Common action by the majority of men. Big mistake. Male family law solicitors have in my experience been useless ****s who couldnt cut it in the real world and ended up in family law. What you need is a youngish (late 20's) woman before she has had kids and who is thoroughly evil bitch. They exist and the evilness is also kinda sexy which is a nice additional thing to have. This may all sound in jest but my experience shows it to be fully valid. Male and old women family law solicitors just want your cash for doing **** all.

Next is to rid your head of feelings of guilt towards the kids. The witch will happily **** you over now and play on that guilt whilst within a few weeks if not already, someone is already admiring your bedroom decor after drilling the witch. The kids will forgive you for what you are about to do to their mum.

See a good financial advisor now as in within the week and take out the mother of all ******* pensions that takes up 95% of your income. You need to do this before the "full financial disclosure". Once all is settled with the witch then you can dump the pension and enjoy the cash. Tieing the bucks up in a pension stopped one of my ex's getting close to the booty and only wish I had done it with the first. The fact you took out the pension a week before financial disclosure is irrelevant

Do not under any circumstances even think of being financially nice to the witch, do not feel guilty, 5K GBP on an evil bitch of a solicitor will save you plenty in the long run and is cash well spent.

Ignore at your financial peril
Old Apr 30th 2012, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and it doesnt matter if she is divorcing you because she found you horsing into the domestic. No guilt and no surrender
Old Apr 30th 2012, 1:51 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I need to point out that monies in a pension are not exempt from being taken into consideration during a financial settlement. There are pension splitting and pension sharing procedures that can be used, although you are likely to be instructed to pass on more accessible monies.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Meow, but they were in mine as it meant there was nothing left after my other expenses for maintenance payments. As the pension has only just been taken out it has bugger all value as well.

His ex is going to get all the white goods and probably the house whilst our friend in Kuwait is going to be left without a pot to pee in.

Pensions and mortgages were the only things at the time that you could tie your bucks up in and stop the witch getting to them

However things may have changed since then but the evil solicitor from hell should now be able to earn her cash and guide in the right direction.

Men usually lose out because they feel guilty and women play on it so getting the right advice is key
Old Apr 30th 2012, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

if ever there was a post to put you off ever getting married- thanks Tockalosh! or do I mean ever put you off marrying Tockalosh!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kittycat1
if ever there was a post to put you off ever getting married- thanks Tockalosh! or do I mean ever put you off marrying Tockalosh!
Dont let it put you off marrying in general Kitty, I know 4 happily married couples amongst all the miserable couples so they do exist sometimes. Mind 2 are relatively newly weds, one of the others is generally horsing into anything yellow skinned when he can so I guess that leaves 1

But when its divorce time then women, as in soon to be ex wives, are just so much better at being evil. They plan and scheme the split whilst poor old hubby just grafts in blissful ignorance and then when the bombshell is dropped, (you know the, I havent met anyone else, I have just fallen out of love with you bollox) then they strike whilst hubby is gutted and weak.
Men must be forewarned and forearmed and whenever they say they havent met anyone else, its a lie.

I know you say you wouldnt be like the above but sadly the chances are you will

I am happily married these days and Mrs Tock is worth more than me cash wise so its happy days. Top Tip. always marry a Dorris with more cash or accessible assets than you have
Old Apr 30th 2012, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Dead right Tock. Nail on the ferking head mate.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Dead right Tock. Nail on the ferking head mate.
Well thanks Oyibo, I do think I have missed my vocation in life and should have become a Divorce manager. Just need to team up with the afore mentioned evil woman solicitor. Could specialize in expat divorces for a % and make a killing saving husbands from themselves.

Mind I could really pimp myself and sell my services to evil wives about to the dirty and help them nail poor old hubby whilst he is on his chin strap. Nah wait a minute, that market is flooded already

S'funny that I start my Bachelor of Laws in October so who knows, one day it may happen
Old Apr 30th 2012, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh and couple of last tips Dave, make sure your useless solicitor asks for a full financial discolure on your soon to be ex wife regardless that she may have been a housewife and not working. Reason being is that they, the witches, have a nasty habit of squirreling away your hard earned cash without you noticing and can stash a tasty sum. Also kill any credit cards. Yep they have a habit of buying stacks of new clothes and tasty underwear etc just before the split, for the new man out of your hard earned bucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.