Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

New to Forum and Needing Divorce Advice :-/

New to Forum and Needing Divorce Advice :-/

Old Apr 30th 2012, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Forum and Needing Divorce Advice :-/

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Oh and couple of last tips Dave, make sure your useless solicitor asks for a full financial discolure on your soon to be ex wife regardless that she may have been a housewife and not working. Reason being is that they, the witches, have a nasty habit of squirreling away your hard earned cash without you noticing and can stash a tasty sum. Also kill any credit cards. Yep they have a habit of buying stacks of new clothes and tasty underwear etc just before the split, for the new man out of your hard earned bucks.
Tock, I have to say this. I really do. YOUR ex wives and some others may do all those nasties for various reasons, but it s not ALL women who do this.
I have initiated divorce 2 times, took nothing from the guys. NOTHING at all , besides my freedom. And happily so.
I am sure there are plenty of Ex wives like me.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
Tock, I have to say this. I really do. YOUR ex wives and some others may do all those nasties for various reasons, but it s not ALL women who do this.
I have initiated divorce 2 times, took nothing from the guys. NOTHING at all , besides my freedom. And happily so.
I am sure there are plenty of Ex wives like me.
Hi Alexa, I have to say that you are a wonderful exception to the rule and I hope an example to all the other women on the forum including the Op's soon to be ex baggage

However you are not good for my new business so best keep sssshhhh
Old May 1st 2012, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont let it put you off marrying in general Kitty, I know 4 happily married couples amongst all the miserable couples so they do exist sometimes. Mind 2 are relatively newly weds, one of the others is generally horsing into anything yellow skinned when he can so I guess that leaves 1

But when its divorce time then women, as in soon to be ex wives, are just so much better at being evil. They plan and scheme the split whilst poor old hubby just grafts in blissful ignorance and then when the bombshell is dropped, (you know the, I havent met anyone else, I have just fallen out of love with you bollox) then they strike whilst hubby is gutted and weak.
Men must be forewarned and forearmed and whenever they say they havent met anyone else, its a lie.

I know you say you wouldnt be like the above but sadly the chances are you will

I am happily married these days and Mrs Tock is worth more than me cash wise so its happy days. Top Tip. always marry a Dorris with more cash or accessible assets than you have
Hmm well I kinda agree, I have some male friends who have been royally shafted during their divorces, however I also know some women who have literally been left holding the baby when the guy has disappeared off the face of the earth refusing to pay child maintenance. I guess both men and women can be arseholes. Note why I have never got married and am now worldly wise enough to wonder if its such a good idea in the first place. But never say never I guess. And there are always two sides to each story.

The word prenup springs to mind though.
Old May 1st 2012, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Have a reasonable amount of experience in these matters having gone through the process more than once and learned the hard way.

First off dump your solicitor, chances are you went to a male solicitor. Common action by the majority of men. Big mistake. Male family law solicitors have in my experience been useless ****s who couldnt cut it in the real world and ended up in family law. What you need is a youngish (late 20's) woman before she has had kids and who is thoroughly evil bitch. They exist and the evilness is also kinda sexy which is a nice additional thing to have. This may all sound in jest but my experience shows it to be fully valid. Male and old women family law solicitors just want your cash for doing **** all.

Next is to rid your head of feelings of guilt towards the kids. The witch will happily **** you over now and play on that guilt whilst within a few weeks if not already, someone is already admiring your bedroom decor after drilling the witch. The kids will forgive you for what you are about to do to their mum.

See a good financial advisor now as in within the week and take out the mother of all ******* pensions that takes up 95% of your income. You need to do this before the "full financial disclosure". Once all is settled with the witch then you can dump the pension and enjoy the cash. Tieing the bucks up in a pension stopped one of my ex's getting close to the booty and only wish I had done it with the first. The fact you took out the pension a week before financial disclosure is irrelevant

Do not under any circumstances even think of being financially nice to the witch, do not feel guilty, 5K GBP on an evil bitch of a solicitor will save you plenty in the long run and is cash well spent.

Ignore at your financial peril
That pension ruse is a great tip - Meow, you should work with Tock. He provides the advice, you could provide the salary busting pension that terminates 6 mths after they sign it. Clever stuff.
Old May 1st 2012, 5:06 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Tsk. It doesn't work. Pension monies are not exempt from a financial settlement.

Some of you guys are very bitter and misogynistic. Not all women are money grabbers. My ex-husband took plenty of money from me. Although with the attitudes you have towards women I'm not surprised your wives left you. I doubt you were blameless, no one ever is.

On a serious note; marriage isn't always easy. You have to work at it and make an effort. These days many people don't bother.
Old May 1st 2012, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Tsk. It doesn't work. Pension monies are not exempt from a financial settlement.
The amounts in the pension aren't exempt I agree, but Tock is saying the monthly contributions get caught in the assessment.

So, if you have a young scheme that terminates at zero value everyone is a winner, no?
Old May 1st 2012, 5:12 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Have a reasonable amount of experience in these matters having gone through the process more than once and learned the hard way.

First off dump your solicitor, chances are you went to a male solicitor. Common action by the majority of men. Big mistake. Male family law solicitors have in my experience been useless ****s who couldnt cut it in the real world and ended up in family law. What you need is a youngish (late 20's) woman before she has had kids and who is thoroughly evil bitch. They exist and the evilness is also kinda sexy which is a nice additional thing to have. This may all sound in jest but my experience shows it to be fully valid. Male and old women family law solicitors just want your cash for doing **** all.

Next is to rid your head of feelings of guilt towards the kids. The witch will happily **** you over now and play on that guilt whilst within a few weeks if not already, someone is already admiring your bedroom decor after drilling the witch. The kids will forgive you for what you are about to do to their mum.

See a good financial advisor now as in within the week and take out the mother of all ******* pensions that takes up 95% of your income. You need to do this before the "full financial disclosure". Once all is settled with the witch then you can dump the pension and enjoy the cash. Tieing the bucks up in a pension stopped one of my ex's getting close to the booty and only wish I had done it with the first. The fact you took out the pension a week before financial disclosure is irrelevant

Do not under any circumstances even think of being financially nice to the witch, do not feel guilty, 5K GBP on an evil bitch of a solicitor will save you plenty in the long run and is cash well spent.

Ignore at your financial peril
That's pretty much spot on.

I know a female Brit in Dubai who does divorce law - two actually and they don't seem very friendly at the best of times so if the opening poster needs a referral feel free to get in touch.

A lot of expats don't realise that they can get divorced almost anywhere - UK divorce law generally favours women so look at your options.

As for speaking to an advisor and getting money away - a yes and no one (I say that as an Advisor). Best done in conjuction with lawyers - I've only helped someone do that once after several long calls with their lawyers. Definately worth looking at though - saved one of my clients a fortune (still lost his house and business to the harpy though)

Tockalosh - I owe you several drinks
Old May 1st 2012, 5:17 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
The amounts in the pension aren't exempt I agree, but Tock is saying the monthly contributions get caught in the assessment.

So, if you have a young scheme that terminates at zero value everyone is a winner, no?
It's not about transfer/surrender value, but current value so that doesn't work. New UK pensions don't have exit/transfer penalties these days anyway.

A very dodgy area to advise people to hide money in a legal situation...
Old May 1st 2012, 6:46 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I made the Mistake of getting married, 5 Months later I was on the plane to the ME to get away from her. 5 Years of marriage cost me everything I had worked for in 15 years, 4 bed detached house and everything in it and my Porsche Cayenne Turbo.........

And people think its just the Flippers & Chinese after your money.............

I actually signed everything over to her without a fight as I couldn't be arsed with getting a solicitor and pissing about. Figured at 35 I have another 17 years to get it back and be happier........
Old May 1st 2012, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I made the Mistake of getting married, 5 Months later I was on the plane to the ME to get away from her. 5 Years of marriage cost me everything I had worked for in 15 years, 4 bed detached house and everything in it and my Porsche Cayenne Turbo.........

And people think its just the Flippers & Chinese after your money.............

I actually signed everything over to her without a fight as I couldn't be arsed with getting a solicitor and pissing about. Figured at 35 I have another 17 years to get it back and be happier........
I know several guys who took excatly that way out. As Tockalosh said, they were broken men at that stage, completely broken and they would sooner have given their ex-wives everything they had out of some sort of misplaced guilt or masochism. They wanted a "clean slate" without really seeing that their ex was a greedy bitch playing them like a 37 piece orchestra. There are LOADS of British women who see their husband as their source of income for life and want that to carry on even after they've binned him off for some other poor soul. For some reason the law in the UK seems to support them in that quest. I say this as a happily married man with no previous personally but as a first hand witness a a couple of horrible bitches that took my friends for everything they possibly could as a means to doing **** all for as long as they felt like.....

Kuwait man - if the pension thing works then dive right in with the caveat that you find your own means of making sure that your kids don't suffer.
Old May 1st 2012, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
It's not about transfer/surrender value, but current value so that doesn't work. New UK pensions don't have exit/transfer penalties these days anyway.

A very dodgy area to advise people to hide money in a legal situation...
Its not hiding Meow as that would be dodgy

Its about utilizing your bucks efficiently and everything being totally above board from a legal perspective. Only the ethics of doing so could be challenged by the bra burners.

Anyway I think I mentioned getting good legal and financial advice as things may have changed since my divorces. So many guys just give up and give in during divorces when they should fight.

Whilst you and Alex appear to have been very giving during your divorces I think you will find that most blokes end up getting shafted unfairly hence the sentiment from myself and some other posters.

Fault should not come into a divorce other than for the grounds; beyond that it should be a fair agreement but rarely is it so
Old May 1st 2012, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thanks Oyibo, I do think I have missed my vocation in life and should have become a Divorce manager. Just need to team up with the afore mentioned evil woman solicitor. Could specialize in expat divorces for a % and make a killing saving husbands from themselves.

Mind I could really pimp myself and sell my services to evil wives about to the dirty and help them nail poor old hubby whilst he is on his chin strap. Nah wait a minute, that market is flooded already

S'funny that I start my Bachelor of Laws in October so who knows, one day it may happen

So you are going to be that male divorce laywer??? I have to say I do agree with your view of male divorce lawyers - have spent 20 odd years as a lawyer (not a divorce lawyer thank the lord!) and all the male ones are weak and slightly pathetic - definitely go see a woman!
Old May 1st 2012, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alexa, I have to say that you are a wonderful exception to the rule and I hope an example to all the other women on the forum including the Op's soon to be ex baggage

However you are not good for my new business so best keep sssshhhh
lol, thanks and I will.
Old May 1st 2012, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scottrace
So you are going to be that male divorce laywer??? I have to say I do agree with your view of male divorce lawyers - have spent 20 odd years as a lawyer (not a divorce lawyer thank the lord!) and all the male ones are weak and slightly pathetic - definitely go see a woman!
Thanks Trace, I have no intention of specializing in family law and as we have said, the most evil and therefore effective are young women. I think I would be front of house picking up the broken blokes who think they have lost everything, motivating and cheering them up a bit before passing them back to my team of female rotties though the minute one gets pregnant, she is out on her arse. Guess I best base my practice here in the ME to save any unfair dismissal cases from my own staff. Guess i best specialize in employment law. Still as one batch of women get soft, there will be a fresh batch finishing their QLDs just ready to take the place of their weakened sisters

On a separate note and one for our legal friends on the bored. I hadnt thought about divorcing whilst out here in the Gulf as it must be more fairer to men here. If the witch starts a divorce in the UK then can KuwaitiDave start one from say Kuwait or even better Saudi ?
Old May 1st 2012, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

lostinthedust is an unknown quantity at this point

Years ago when my ex started making noises about needing maintenance "to keep him in the style to which he was accustomed" I showed him my application to Medicin Sans Frontier and informed him he was welcome to half of $50 a month

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.