Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Aug 11th 2022, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Laguna_1
Guys, I am here and once you are here it’s all worth. Have faith and just be patient. Don’t over think as everything will work out. The patience needs to continue when you are out here as quite a few things take time.
Congrats! You made it!!!
Speaking of iron, you said you only needed it for day one. How do you iron shirts once there, borrow iron ftom housekeeping or give all your shirts to them? I presume you bought a few with you... lol
Also, if the rip-off taxi drivers keep attacking at the airport, what do you do? Call an official cab? What's your advice?
Is the closet innthe room big enough to feet a few years load of cloths?
Anything else you suggest to do/ bring?
I am supposed to be coming in 3 weeks... hope the heat goes down a hit bh then. Lol
Old Aug 11th 2022, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Scott78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
I said I wouldn't resign until after I had completed the medical etc... (My Assumption was that I would then have everything I needed for the Visa application) As it turns out this still led to a few sleepless nights as my medical was over a month before I got the documents I needed.
Obviously it will depend on how long your notice period is, but I wouldn't bet on getting everything from Neom in under two months, I have heard that it happens, but have also heard a lot worse stories.
so in the app, when they ask you to resign and write the starting date, what did you do? just click yes in order to move forward in the process? I'm stuck there and the onboarder is not answering my emails...
Old Aug 12th 2022, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott78
so in the app, when they ask you to resign and write the starting date, what did you do? just click yes in order to move forward in the process? I'm stuck there and the onboarder is not answering my emails...
just put the date discussed with your manager, or any date for that matter... this can be changed, considering attestation etc takes time...
Old Aug 12th 2022, 4:12 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrisreak
Congrats! You made it!!!
Speaking of iron, you said you only needed it for day one. How do you iron shirts once there, borrow iron ftom housekeeping or give all your shirts to them? I presume you bought a few with you... lol
Also, if the rip-off taxi drivers keep attacking at the airport, what do you do? Call an official cab? What's your advice?
Is the closet innthe room big enough to feet a few years load of cloths?
Anything else you suggest to do/ bring?
I am supposed to be coming in 3 weeks... hope the heat goes down a hit bh then. Lol
The Riyadh shuttle bus is well signposted. It goes on a loop around T1, T2, and T5. If you can't find the signs, there are official information desks where you can ask. As you go through the final doors after customs turn left and you soon come to the information desk.

Basically, if someone approaches you it's probably a scam, because the official taxi line is outside, also well signposted.
Old Aug 12th 2022, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Welcome
thank you.
Old Aug 12th 2022, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Laguna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chrisreak
just put the date discussed with your manager, or any date for that matter... this can be changed, considering attestation etc takes time...
this. They don’t care about this date. Keeps changing.
Old Aug 12th 2022, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott78
I did exactly this - as I also felt that it was stalled at that point and I was trying to get it moving again - but they simply reopened the task and it didn't move anything forwards, so as others have said just put in your "best guess" for a start date and then complete the task when you know.
Old Aug 12th 2022, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Laguna_1
Guys, I am here and once you are here it’s all worth. Have faith and just be patient. Don’t over think as everything will work out. The patience needs to continue when you are out here as quite a few things take time.

flights was the most stressful but I got 36 hours notice for my flight and I was packed ready to go so I had my forth goodbye dinner with family and then flew off. Hell of a journey.

riyadh and jeddah and Dammam all fly to neom on certain days. Also u can go tabuk and you’ll get a taxi booked to neom from there.

don’t fall for the riyadh trick. Happened to me where I was charged 100 riyals for a ten min ride which was actually a personal car. He tried to up the price to 150 in the car but I pushed back. So be careful. They dress in National attire - white outfit with the red and black headdress. So be careful.

keep an ironed shirt with u as no iron here but u can ask housekeeping to do it. No need for anything other than a travel iron maybe for Day one if you’re very good.

People are great and easy to chat to
ppl. Food i good. Work is good. Well worth the move. Bring a hat and shades. You’ll need other. Maybe some linen bits as that’s saved me in the heat. I usually struggle in dubai heat but im out midday between buildings and fine in 45degree.

get your esim sorted before u leave if u want easy access to uk phone. Other than that good luck.
Congrats, great to hear some good news. Hopefully will be joining you next month!
Old Aug 13th 2022, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

apospark is an unknown quantity at this point

Outside of the scheduled three meals a day, is there access to free snacks or other food provided for those of us who get a buck peckish at other times? Or is that for us to prepare ourselves? Just curious, not a deal breaker of course.

Just got verbal confirmation to expect the offer soooo it's looking like I may be joining you good people
Old Aug 13th 2022, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, it's a pleasure to be part of this community - lots of great information being shared.

I have accepted an offer letter and will shortly begin my on-boarding process, can anybody please recommend a good visa company based in London to use for the degree attestation etc?

Also, how long can I expect this whole on-boarding process to take being a British citizen and based in London?

Many thanks!
Old Aug 13th 2022, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Ukjaybam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheGman
Hi All, it's a pleasure to be part of this community - lots of great information being shared.

I have accepted an offer letter and will shortly begin my on-boarding process, can anybody please recommend a good visa company based in London to use for the degree attestation etc?

Also, how long can I expect this whole on-boarding process to take being a British citizen and based in London?

Many thanks!
A1 are good and quick. Expect turn round in 2-3 days if paperwork is provided.
Old Aug 15th 2022, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Tahir84 is an unknown quantity at this point

good to see progress on Neom hirings. Saw a brief video on Neom exhibition in Jeddah couple of weeks ago and was surprised to hear about a certain railway line project within the Neom. Currently working in the same industry, i was curious to find out more about the current status of this project. I am already within the KSA (moved out from UK in summer 2019) and keen to see/hear more on Neom's current project status.

Any information related to Neom's railway would be very much appreciated. I am starting to connect with Neom professionals on LinkenIn but any other leads on HR contact persons would again be very much appreciated.

Last edited by Tahir84; Aug 15th 2022 at 6:32 am.
Old Aug 15th 2022, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Antony92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Is there anywhere I can get more information on groups who bike ride at Neom? I am hoping to be out there later this year and am a keen cyclist, so would be interested to know if there are other people or groups who also ride and also what kind of bikes are best to bring with you?

Thanks
Old Aug 15th 2022, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Anna_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any experience with relocating their dog specifically from Dubai? I've contacted a number of the recommended agencies for prices and processes, but I got different info from them (for instance, one company said they will drive my dog the 1500km from Riyadh to Neom which seems bizarre, and another company who says that once the dog has arrived in KSA, she can just fly with me from Riyadh to Neom Bay), so I wanted to know a bit about someone else's experience and what they did. I also want to ask about how people handle letting the dog out if you're ever late at work, and what people do when travelling. I've heard that the pet community supports each other well but I'll feel a lot better if I can speak to someone who is able to answer a few questions I have about their own experience.
Thank you!
Old Aug 15th 2022, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anna_1
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any experience with relocating their dog specifically from Dubai? I've contacted a number of the recommended agencies for prices and processes, but I got different info from them (for instance, one company said they will drive my dog the 1500km from Riyadh to Neom which seems bizarre, and another company who says that once the dog has arrived in KSA, she can just fly with me from Riyadh to Neom Bay), so I wanted to know a bit about someone else's experience and what they did. I also want to ask about how people handle letting the dog out if you're ever late at work, and what people do when travelling. I've heard that the pet community supports each other well but I'll feel a lot better if I can speak to someone who is able to answer a few questions I have about their own experience.
Thank you!
Hi Anna

my wife and I are in the same position. I have started the onboarding process whilst my wife has been told they will be making a formal offer. We will probably leave our dog with family until we get the 1 bed apartment - but then we plan to bring her. We have the same concerns with dog sitting, dog walking etc. hopefully when we are in NC1 we could pop home at lunchtime via scooter to let her out etc. still researching the process and may look at flying her to Jeddah and then doing the 9 hour road trip up the coast. Hopefully will be able to figure everything out when I get over there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.