Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Aug 5th 2022, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Desertaml is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hi all,
Excellent information on this forum. Really helped in knowing what to expect and getting prepared mentally before flying out.

I was working in Dubai before NEOM and now that I'm in KSA I've been wondering how is it here generally with dating/relationships? Do people date here? I know that's illegal in the KSA generally, but so is it in other countries in the region, but doesn't stop it from happening lol
Otherwise singles would be in a tough spot, living here for longer periods of time

I'm assuming all being employed by the same company makes it a bit more difficult. Dating colleagues essentially
Old Aug 7th 2022, 8:04 am
Just Joined

max_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Is anyone planning on flying out to NEOM this week.
If so then can you please message me directly. I would be grateful if you could bring a couple of attested documents with you which I need to process the family visa. I am trying to save time and the risk of getting lost in the post.
Thanks,
Max
Old Aug 8th 2022, 9:11 am
Just Joined

alloush2828 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear fellow readers headed to NEOM or already there,
I just initiated the process for the work visa and degree attestation. The agency handling the process (ASCS) said that it takes longer for German expats than other nationalities (4/5 months!). Has anyone from Germany been through this in a shorter time period? I am worried they (which NEOM recommended), are "too slow". They also requested 1500$ in advance. I just want to make sure I am transferring the money to the right people.

Thank you and looking forward to feedback!
Al
Old Aug 8th 2022, 3:28 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desertaml
Hi all,
Excellent information on this forum. Really helped in knowing what to expect and getting prepared mentally before flying out.

I was working in Dubai before NEOM and now that I'm in KSA I've been wondering how is it here generally with dating/relationships? Do people date here? I know that's illegal in the KSA generally, but so is it in other countries in the region, but doesn't stop it from happening lol
Otherwise singles would be in a tough spot, living here for longer periods of time

I'm assuming all being employed by the same company makes it a bit more difficult. Dating colleagues essentially
Get yourself on Tinder, Badoo or whatever and put Riyadh, Jeddah as your location etc
Old Aug 8th 2022, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alloush2828
Dear fellow readers headed to NEOM or already there,
I just initiated the process for the work visa and degree attestation. The agency handling the process (ASCS) said that it takes longer for German expats than other nationalities (4/5 months!). Has anyone from Germany been through this in a shorter time period? I am worried they (which NEOM recommended), are "too slow". They also requested 1500$ in advance. I just want to make sure I am transferring the money to the right people.

Thank you and looking forward to feedback!
Al
I also used them, and for other than UAE/Dubai where they're based, their services are awful. In my case, they basically "subcontracted" my case to the local CIBT office in my country (not Germany but close) and had the audacity to charge me both their service fees ($800) AND the service fees of CIBT. Charging to be the middle man and doing nothing at all (other than providing the block visa document, which I could have gotten from NEOM). They literally were just in cc in emails between myself and CIBT during the whole process, once in a while sending the "please expedite this" to CIBT, as if that was going to help.

In their final invoice, they had included costs that I had already paid for myself (such as the work visa fee at VFS). They know you are getting the relocation allowance, and want to get as much as they can out of you.

The attestation took the longest for me, and they were terribly slow with everything. Avoid them!

However, my interaction with CIBT was great. Have a look if you have a local office in Germany, and give them a call. There's no requirement for you to use the recommended agency that NEOM has linked you with.
Old Aug 8th 2022, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Dear Gulf_European,
Thank you for getting back to me with this info. What is VFS? I discovered CIBT Germany and will check their financial expenses. I am sure its cheaper than the "Indian" option from Dubai. I will surely search for the options and get back to you with feedback! I hope you are happy at NEOM!
Best,
Al
Old Aug 9th 2022, 7:28 am
Just Joined

I checked CIBT, but I cannot seem to be able to talk to anyone from the start. Sharing my personal data and bank details before actually talking to someone on the phone is rather weird, wouldn't you agree?!
Old Aug 9th 2022, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

These days? Not at all.
Old Aug 9th 2022, 7:36 am
Just Joined

I tried to call and the only way to talk to someone is after one has shared their personal data and bank info. I cannot reach them before. Where you able to have a conversation with anyone prior to paying?
Old Aug 9th 2022, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Claud123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all ....The local Saudi Embassy agent where I'm applying for visa in Bahrain VFS Tasheel has requested the original attested employment contract not sure if its a hard copy? The onboarding team have issued only a attested scanned copy visa email has anyone being through this request? As my onboarding member has me advised they have provided every document so far....guess original employment attested contract will have to be posted all couriered to Bahrain from Saudi? Anyone being through this experience so far?
Old Aug 9th 2022, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Chrisreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Laguna_1
no not booked flight unfortunately. Sunday tomorrow so let’s if there is some movement then and if so let’s hope I get a few days notice to get my mind back in the game.
Hey Laguna! Have they booked your flights yet?
Old Aug 9th 2022, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chrisreak
Hey Laguna! Have they booked your flights yet?
I can answer that, this fella has been here for almost 2 weeks now. lol
Old Aug 9th 2022, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by max_2000
I can answer that, this fella has been here for almost 2 weeks now. lol
How much notice on the flights though? I still have a month until I'm due to fly out but hoping to get the flights booked soon as I need to plan some stuff around when I am leaving. Is it always last minute?
Old Aug 9th 2022, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
How much notice on the flights though? I still have a month until I'm due to fly out but hoping to get the flights booked soon as I need to plan some stuff around when I am leaving. Is it always last minute?
It's hit and miss. I gave them 2.5 weeks notice and received confirmation a week before I flew out.
Send them specific info a few weeks in advance. Tell them exactly what flight you want to be on, this should make it easier for them to book. Copy in a few people too, that usually gets them moving.
Old Aug 9th 2022, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by max_2000
It's hit and miss. I gave them 2.5 weeks notice and received confirmation a week before I flew out.
Send them specific info a few weeks in advance. Tell them exactly what flight you want to be on, this should make it easier for them to book. Copy in a few people too, that usually gets them moving.
Ok, didn't think about that, but a good plan.

Has anyone flown with any other airline or do they only use Saudia? I assume you can't see the Riyadh to Neom section of the flight? (At least it has never come up when I have been searching.) Are these at a regular time? (By that I mean do I need to find a flight that gets into Riyadh at X:XXPM to be sure to make it to Neom)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.