Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Old May 16th 2013, 10:22 am
Just Joined

SunbeamFanatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help about importing my cats please!!!

I don't need to stick up for the OP as being her husband I know full well that she is more than capable of doing that for herself. That said it is my opinion that the tone was set by the very first reply (below) to the opening question and the faintly sarcastic "Umm" at the start.

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Umm, have you tried asking the airline, to see what they require to ship your cats? I've shipped cats from Qatar, Oman,Azerbaijan and Dubai, and each time there has been different rules, but the airlines have usually been able to tell me what paperwork has been needed.
And which was carried on just a few posts later with another faintly sarcastic "Errr".

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Errr..The airlines will know exactly what is required to ship the cats to whichever country they fly to...They ship animals all the time.
Quickly followed very soon by some unnecessary shouting.

Originally Posted by Kix
Why don't you ASK THE AIRLINE???????
Before the Google lessons started below along with the start of the suggestions to just get rid of the cats.

Originally Posted by mikewot
Bless! You're going to fly your furry babies cargo and not with you? At least one person has done a google search for you and posted up information.
The alternative is leave them behind and get new ones out here, place is swarming with them.
Followed by more Google lessons masquerading as answers.

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Sorry, didn't mean to be offensive, nothing personal, and all that, but really! If I can find answers to questions in 15 seconds, then...well, exasperation with a capital F!
For context I did suggest to the OP that it wasn't necessary to reply to the first faintly sarcastic "Umm" with one of her own but then it probably wasn't necessary to reply to her perfectly reasonable request for advice in that manner in the first place.

From the above, the facts are that getting the cats on the plane isn't the issue so all the comments saying ask the Airline are not valid as the Airline does not determine Customs requirements. The question was to do with Customs clearance documentation and specifically if anyone had first hand experience of this in KSA.

It strikes me that the ensuing sarcasm and unnecessary comments resulted from the OP pointing out that the answers were actually that, i.e. sarcastic, and in point of fact, not overly helpful (apart from a couple of posters who clearly genuinely want to help and they have my thanks).

I'm a member of a number of Forums for different subjects and it is always a source of disappointment to see posters who reply to requests for help because it seemingly puts them on an ego trip because they can profess to slightly more experience and knowledge of a subject than the OP. I can only assume this is a means to restore a slightly flagging self esteem as the reason for replying in the first place rather than out of genuine desire to be helpful.

At some point we all need genuine help with questions that we are struggling with and I hope that when the posters on here find themselves in that position they receive the genuine help they need.

SF
Old May 16th 2013, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
**** me.

I felt sorry for you after re-reading some of the posts and with Autonomy's dressing down for people being nasty for no reason....but actually what's happened is this:

You appeared, asked a reasonable question.
Got some help, but not what you wanted.
Nobody here knew that wasn't what you wanted.
Cue sarcasm from all sides and some quite funny, but extreme jokes at the expense of your clearly very precious cats.
Some quite witty responses from you.
Auto shouts.
DragonL saves the day, I think.
You then post, moaning at the person who is trying to be nice and helpful.

Your attitude is shite in fairness. This is a website where people offer help FOC for all folks for all problems and often without thanks, yes, there are some of us sad enough to stick around and chat and meet up for a pint but that's our choice.

What people did was the basics of try to help you.

You have had a consistent attitude of entitlement that people should go and dig around for answers for you and then throw your toys out the pram when you don't get EXACTLY what you want back? Are you off your ****ing rocker?

You've basically just done the equivalent walking into a (free) restaurant and saying: "I'd like some pasta for dinner please, sweet tasting desert and a drink"

When they hand you Spag Bol, chocolate mousse and a water...you kick off because they got it wrong.

Internet Connection - 20 quid a month
Flying Cats to KSA - $**** knows
Manners - Free. ****ing get some.
MY attitude??
Old May 16th 2013, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SunbeamFanatic
I don't need to stick up for the OP as being her husband I know full well that she is more than capable of doing that for herself. That said it is my opinion that the tone was set by the very first reply (below) to the opening question and the faintly sarcastic "Umm" at the start.

And which was carried on just a few posts later with another faintly sarcastic "Errr".

Quickly followed very soon by some unnecessary shouting.

Before the Google lessons started below along with the start of the suggestions to just get rid of the cats.

Followed by more Google lessons masquerading as answers.

For context I did suggest to the OP that it wasn't necessary to reply to the first faintly sarcastic "Umm" with one of her own but then it probably wasn't necessary to reply to her perfectly reasonable request for advice in that manner in the first place.

From the above, the facts are that getting the cats on the plane isn't the issue so all the comments saying ask the Airline are not valid as the Airline does not determine Customs requirements. The question was to do with Customs clearance documentation and specifically if anyone had first hand experience of this in KSA.

It strikes me that the ensuing sarcasm and unnecessary comments resulted from the OP pointing out that the answers were actually that, i.e. sarcastic, and in point of fact, not overly helpful (apart from a couple of posters who clearly genuinely want to help and they have my thanks).

I'm a member of a number of Forums for different subjects and it is always a source of disappointment to see posters who reply to requests for help because it seemingly puts them on an ego trip because they can profess to slightly more experience and knowledge of a subject than the OP. I can only assume this is a means to restore a slightly flagging self esteem as the reason for replying in the first place rather than out of genuine desire to be helpful.

At some point we all need genuine help with questions that we are struggling with and I hope that when the posters on here find themselves in that position they receive the genuine help they need.

SF

See? Wayyyyy more patience than me.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

This just got epic.

drag and sense out of anyone. Problem?
That's the politest way you've asked yet.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

This just got epic.

That's the politest way you've asked yet.
I'll ask nicely then - Scamp, would you please bore off? Many thanks
Old May 16th 2013, 10:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
I'll ask nicely then - Scamp, would you please bore off? Many thanks
Nah, I'm 90 minutes from finishing for the week. I've handled all my business and have time to kill.

It's either hang around here wondering how one human can be so rude when asking for help, or drive home and try and run cats over in my car park.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:37 am
Just Joined

SunbeamFanatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah, I'm 90 minutes from finishing for the week. I've handled all my business and have time to kill.

It's either hang around here wondering how one human can be so rude when asking for help, or drive home and try and run cats over in my car park.
***** me, I'm married to her and even I wouldn't dare crack that joke ....... actually it's probably because I'm married to her that I wouldn't
Old May 16th 2013, 10:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SunbeamFanatic
***** me, I'm married to her and even I wouldn't dare crack that joke ....... actually it's probably because I'm married to her that I wouldn't
Old May 16th 2013, 10:41 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

****ing brilliant. Just physically sprayed carrot juice all over me.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britexpat76
****ing brilliant. Just physically sprayed carrot juice all over me.
Whatever floats your boat I guess...
Old May 16th 2013, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Aw, you seriously have nothing better to do? That's sad.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:56 am
Account Closed

Aw, you seriously have nothing better to do? That's sad.
It's this or work (which I've done enough of) or run over cats in the car park. They are the options I have given myself. I want you to have the pleaasure of picking. I think we've turned a corner now, we're getting on better and want to share choices with you.

But honestly, if you want the latter I'd be happy to go for it...whilst trying to get the old dear who feeds them. Double points for a woman/cat combo.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:58 am
Account Closed

Tell you what. I'll help a bit.

I found this on moving pussy to KSA: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+I+get+my...audi+Arabia%3F
Old May 16th 2013, 11:02 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever floats your boat I guess...
Whilst sat at work you have to take what you can get.
Old May 16th 2013, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Tell you what. I'll help a bit.

I found this on moving pussy to KSA: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+I+get+my...audi+Arabia%3F
Catch up old bean - some other hilarious prankster who also did not have the ability to read my post properly did that on day one of this thread. And really, tbh, it wasn't hugely funny then either. Slightly tiresome actually

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.