Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Old May 16th 2013, 5:48 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help about importing my cats please!!!

Originally Posted by SunbeamFanatic
Thank you for some first hand advice this is all that was being asked for, not lessons in how to use Google
And your relationship to the OP is what?
Old May 16th 2013, 6:03 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Totally pathetic replies on this thread from all you proud "longstanding members" - what a crock of shit.

From advising to get rid of or even kill your pet as Saudi has too many to just total insults.

You f***ing bunch of bellends.

And yes, even some mods seem to be getting a little in with the in crowd.
Someone have a couple of pints of scrapping juice
Old May 16th 2013, 6:14 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Gotta say this is one of the more amusing threads this year.
Old May 16th 2013, 6:29 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Someone have a couple of pints of scrapping juice
I read the thread from the beginning, I don't come on the bored that often these days - it just really depressed me.

The OP really wasn't being stupid, was trying to get info - that ended up being supplied but it just looked like a bunch of old posters in a clique of sarcasm, abuse, assumptions, nasty comments etc.

I guess most times it's a case of of "whatever" - but this time it pissed me off - why the need for everyone to be really quite shitty to a newbie on the site?

It's not even in The Sandpit, it was a perfectly valid question, the OP even stood up to the bully tactics which previously might have meant the old timers warmed to the poster, but not this time...

End of the day - it's the internet - you can all say what you like, but I guess I felt that just a modicum more of simple normal decency wouldn't have gone amiss.
Old May 16th 2013, 6:45 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I read the thread from the beginning, I don't come on the bored that often these days - it just really depressed me.

The OP really wasn't being stupid, was trying to get info - that ended up being supplied but it just looked like a bunch of old posters in a clique of sarcasm, abuse, assumptions, nasty comments etc.

I guess most times it's a case of of "whatever" - but this time it pissed me off - why the need for everyone to be really quite shitty to a newbie on the site?

It's not even in The Sandpit, it was a perfectly valid question, the OP even stood up to the bully tactics which previously might have meant the old timers warmed to the poster, but not this time...

End of the day - it's the internet - you can all say what you like, but I guess I felt that just a modicum more of simple normal decency wouldn't have gone amiss.
The OP did themselves no favours on the 1st page, the 1st few responses were helpful but unheeded. 90% of people on this bored are helpful but how many 1st time posters come on and don't listen to any help at all, Or don't come back. I don't think for one second anyone was serious in telling the OP to kill her cats and calling everyone a bellend a little uncalled for. But as you say, tis the tinterweb and people thankfully can still say what they like.
Old May 16th 2013, 6:58 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

How many newbies have stayed around to become long standing members? I think the last one might have been Scamp.

We might as well make it a closed bored so we can all be safe from these newbies coming along and asking questions.

Just dump the kids too?

Originally Posted by mikewot
Bless! You're going to fly your furry babies cargo and not with you? At least one person has done a google search for you and posted up information.
The alternative is leave them behind and get new ones out here, place is swarming with them.
The cat killers

Originally Posted by britexpat76
2 x Injections £80..............

Get to Saudi and the streets are swamped with moggies. Pick up as many as you want.
Originally Posted by weasel decentral
While not wanting to appear needlessly cruel about what are obviously very loved pets, and I can understand the attachment that people develop with their animals.
But, and don't instantly reject this idea, why not batter them to death with a large snow shovel. You'll find this easier to do at home as snow shovels are notoriously difficult to source in Saudi Arabia.
And WTF - bit rapey?

Originally Posted by Dumbo
If your fit you can spread honey on my member and lick it off.

Husbands and cats cannot watch.
Old May 16th 2013, 7:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

How many newbies have stayed around to become long standing members? I think the last one might have been Scamp.
Seriously, do I get a prize?

Your point is fair. I won't agree or disagree with it because I am fence sitting that some help was given and some stick was given.

I do have a cat question though:

Why does a weird looking woman insist on feeding the stray cats in my car park at home, when all they do is put paw prints on cars and reproduce? If she wanted to help, why not take one in and get it's jabs done?
Old May 16th 2013, 7:17 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Just dump the kids too?
OP doesn't have kids yet (see their first post from last year) and kids and animals are not synonomous. You can buy and sell pets and have them put down if you so choose, you can't do that with kids

Oh and I think you'll find I joined over a year after young scampie me lad
Old May 16th 2013, 7:20 am
Shark Fisherman

We might as well make it a closed bored so we can all be safe from these newbies coming along and asking questions.
You cannot for one second think anyone was serious............ I agree the honey one is a bit OTT.

Its all about the attitude the OP takes. Some just won't listen whilst others are quite rude when they don't get the answer they want to hear. I personally think the 1st page set the tone for the responses after OldJanx tried to help and get fobbed off.

And you cannot compare cats to children.
Old May 16th 2013, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice

Originally Posted by SunbeamFanatic
Thank you for some first hand advice this is all that was being asked for, not lessons in how to use Google
Still - from what I hear from the husband - it is almost always easier in KSA to have a local import company working for you that 'runs interference' for you with the authorities, particularly customs who can be really easy or right pricks - otherwise you risk exactly the problem you mention of them not accepting the document as being valid.

I'll PM the contact details of a company in Jeddah that the better half has always said were good, reliable operators - and who he personally trusted. I suggest you might like to call them and talk to them.
Old May 16th 2013, 9:48 am
Just Joined

SunbeamFanatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dragonladyoz
Still - from what I hear from the husband - it is almost always easier in KSA to have a local import company working for you that 'runs interference' for you with the authorities, particularly customs who can be really easy or right pricks - otherwise you risk exactly the problem you mention of them not accepting the document as being valid.

I'll PM the contact details of a company in Jeddah that the better half has always said were good, reliable operators - and who he personally trusted. I suggest you might like to call them and talk to them.
Thanks for that, it would be very helpful, I'll have one of the company "fixers" with me anyway but the more the merrier.

Cheers, SF.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Not wanting to sound ungrateful as your contribution to all this has been completely balanced but - BIB - Seriously? The only person that got anywhere near answering my query was dragonladyoz! Yesterday!

The first response to my post started 'ummm,..' - clearly inferring that I was a thicky for not thinking to do what they had suggested, which I already had. What ensued from there was a bunch of mutual stroking and insult throwing from 'long standing members' who still, even after at least another 3 attempts made from me to explain what exactly I needed advice about, still didn't bother to read and digest what I was asking for (apart from OJ who made a decent attempt).

Anyhow, as dragonladyoz has actually read my post, understood my requirements and come back with some great advice, the rest of you can all now stop worrying about my needs, and go pounce on the next unfortunate that dare to ask a question you don't know the answer to. Cheers.

Last edited by bodieanddoyle; May 16th 2013 at 10:13 am.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
you can all now stop worrying about my needs, and go pounce on the next unfortunate that dare to ask a question
It wil depend on how supercilious they come across Anyway looks like your DH is on here now as well.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
Not wanting to sound ungrateful as your contribution to all this has been completely balanced but - BIB - Seriously? The only person that got anywhere near answering my query was dragonladyoz! Yesterday!

The first response to my post started 'ummm,..' - clearly inferring that I was a thicky for not thinking to do what they had suggested, which I already had. What ensued from there was a bunch of mutual stroking and insult throwing from 'long standing members' who still, even after at least another 3 attempts made from me to explain what exactly I needed advice about, still didn't bother to read and digest what I was asking for (apart from OJ who made a decent attempt).

Anyhow, as dragonladyoz has actually read my post, understood my requirements and come back with some great advice, the rest of you can all now stop worrying about my needs, and go pounce on the next unfortunate that dare to ask a question you don't know the answer to. Cheers.
**** me.

I felt sorry for you after re-reading some of the posts and with Autonomy's dressing down for people being nasty for no reason....but actually what's happened is this:

You appeared, asked a reasonable question.
Got some help, but not what you wanted.
Nobody here knew that wasn't what you wanted.
Cue sarcasm from all sides and some quite funny, but extreme jokes at the expense of your clearly very precious cats.
Some quite witty responses from you.
Auto shouts.
DragonL saves the day, I think.
You then post, moaning at the person who is trying to be nice and helpful.

Your attitude is shite in fairness. This is a website where people offer help FOC for all folks for all problems and often without thanks, yes, there are some of us sad enough to stick around and chat and meet up for a pint but that's our choice.

What people did was the basics of try to help you.

You have had a consistent attitude of entitlement that people should go and dig around for answers for you and then throw your toys out the pram when you don't get EXACTLY what you want back? Are you off your ****ing rocker?

You've basically just done the equivalent walking into a (free) restaurant and saying: "I'd like some pasta for dinner please, sweet tasting desert and a drink"

When they hand you Spag Bol, chocolate mousse and a water...you kick off because they got it wrong.

Internet Connection - 20 quid a month
Flying Cats to KSA - $**** knows
Manners - Free. ****ing get some.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikewot
It wil depend on how supercilious they come across Anyway looks like your DH is on here now as well.
DH? What is this, mumsnet??
Yep, that's him. As he's slightly more diplomatic than I am, he thought he'd try and see if he could drag and sense out of anyone. Problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.